Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cobra521

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2016
FL
I have a 1TB Apple SSD kit for the 2019 Mac Pro 7,1. If anyone's still interested, I can post it in the For Sale forum on MacRumors. It's surplus to me since I replaced it with a larger set some time ago.

Tom

EDIT: The SSDs have been posted here in the For Sale Forum.

Last edited:

bcomer

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Ottawa
Has there been any feedback from Apple on this disgraceful issue?

I need to reboot my machine numerous time to mount a couple drive that were working fine.

profdraper

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
With a fair bit of messing around actually. Macs can be a pain in the butt sometimes. I had to go through the trial and error of corrupted boot discs and a few reinstalls while learning which SSDs and what cards work.

One slot houses a Sonnet Silent M.2 4x4 at the moment, so far with no issues. Booting is from a Corsair 2TB M600 Pro NH.
A second slot is taken up by a 2TB Sabrent SB-RKT4P on a StarTech.com Dual M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter Card as apparently the Sonnet won't boot Windows.
Aside from that I have 2 GPUs. The 580X and a 1070 that I'm looking to upgrade but Oh man, THE PRICES!!!!

Obviously all drives are mounted when the MAC boots but I immediately unmount any drive that I won't be using and remount/unmount as necessary.
And the problem with this route presently is Sonoma & which is a real PITA with mounting external drives (many threads about that elsewhere). However, I see this mac is a 5.1 & so Sonoma won't be 'a thing' ... but on the 7.1 it drives me nuts.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
And the problem with this route presently is Sonoma & which is a real PITA with mounting external drives (many threads about that elsewhere). However, I see this mac is a 5.1 & so Sonoma won't be 'a thing' ... but on the 7.1 it drives me nuts.

I am more confident that people here will fix this with a hack than I am that Apple will do it with an official fix.

Reactions: cobra521
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.