Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguru212

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2009
AZ/NYC/Tokyo
Great keyboard. I’ve got two. One is almost 15 years old and came with an iMac and still going strong. The other is of unknown vintage having been purchased second-hand off eBay but still works perfectly. I even use them with my Windows work laptop. Ever tried to use the HP keyboard your employer gave you? Like typing on jelly.
Yep, great keyboards. I'm on the same one now for ten years, and have another new one unopened in the box.

Cheap PC keyboards are oddly mushy and feel so cheap, some people love them though I can't stand typing on them, too long of press, like foam or something :p.

tipoo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2017
I'm guessing it'll be the same old Magic Mouse with the same old unupdated mediocre sensor and a shape that gives me hand cramps just thinking about it

Really wish they put the touch surface on a better shaped mouse and updated the internals

Reactions: uczcret

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
I'm guessing it'll be the same old Magic Mouse with the same old unupdated mediocre sensor and a shape that gives me hand cramps just thinking about it

Really wish they put the touch surface on a better shaped mouse and updated the internals

I'm really hoping they give us a redesign. I can see these new accessories launching alongside an updated Mac Studio

JamieLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2016
All of these keyboards and mice by Apple are complete utter GARBAGE. You can spend less than what you pay for a Magic Keyboard and get yourself a real nice mechanical keyboard for way better ergonomics and typing experiences. The only thing on these magic keyboards that sport the touchID is the touchID itself. But it's overpriced. Apple keyboards are just gross!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hopefully with a keyboard redesign where they get rid of the stupid rounded keys at the corners and fix the truly stupid arrow keys where you have one square arrow key, one with a rounded corner and two tiny dumb ones arranged in a horrible way. The only way to make the arrow keys worse is to distribute them at random at various places on the keyboard.
Now that Jonny Ive is gone, design might actually be based on how people use the products. We can only hope.

BTW, I'm typing this on a new M2-Pro MacMini but using a very old Apple brand mechanical keyboard. The old white one with the clear plastic around the edges. I have a stack of these things from an office that closed down. But you can buy them used for $20 to $30. I think this was sold in early 2000s.
661-3800.jpg

avkills

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
I have an entire collection of un-touched Apple mice. One thing that Apple does not know how to make is a mouse. Every single one they make sucks.

R3k

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2011
Sep 7, 2011
There goes the RnD budget, Apple engineers burning out to get it to the market on time..

Jokes aside, Apple must have engineered these years ago, maybe the delay is manufacturing capacity.

Last edited:

dcny

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2020
Who the hell would want to use the Magic Mouse while plugged in? This is such a stupid complaint. A charging cable is far too thick and heavy for comfortable or accurate mouse use anyway. Plug it in for 5 minutes during your next dump and get hours to days of use.
Everyone except you, The hell, will want that. Also I guess you never use a Magic Mouse then. How can 5 minutes charge can last you days? Unless your dump is longer than normal people that feel like 5 minutes?

bitfactory

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Can we please have the magic keyboard able to add more than one paired device? Would love the ability to switch between work and home computer like I do with my Mx Master mouse.

Reactions: boston04and07

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Ah, classic Apple undervalueing: cut out some necessity to upsell the customer later.

Shove Lightning accessories in all those iMacs and youre going to make people hungry for USB-C ones.
I was all set to buy an M3 iMac at launch, thinking for sure the peripherals would’ve been updated to USB-C as well. I stood pat and didn’t purchase. If and when the peripherals do get updated, I’m wondering if they’ll get bundled in with the iMac. With Apple, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a premium option.

chewbaka

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
I appreciate not having to wait to type in my password at startup.

Besides, it’s a black desk with black cables.
Oh, so these keyboards use the cable for the connection, not just charging, when plugged in? I didn’t know that.

ss2cire

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Earth?
Who the hell would want to use the Magic Mouse while plugged in? This is such a stupid complaint. A charging cable is far too thick and heavy for comfortable or accurate mouse use anyway. Plug it in for 5 minutes during your next dump and get hours to days of use.
I can’t agree more. The placement I feel was on purpose. You’re not suppose to use it while charging. Most people would probably leave it plugged in constantly, which would defeat the purpose of the mouse being wireless… and pretty much kill the battery.

Reactions: chewbaka

ipaqrat

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2017
Why does Apple need to make all these accessories when there’s a huge third-party market? What a weird complaint.
Exactly... Although, one simply must admit that, when it comes to industrial design, Apple unfailingly demonstrates superior style and panache. Just about everything they sell is imitated as soon as the other industrials can retool.

At the risk of seeming distracted by style (Pfft, who am I kidding? I totally am.), That's worth a little something extra.

You hear that Apple, a LITTLE extra! $400 for 18 GB RAM... The hell?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.