Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Hi everyone,

My Apple Watch 38mm Stainless Still with Black Classic Buckle missing! I ship this watch with USPS and not receive about two weeks.

I contact with Apple Support and I say, "please block my watch" and they are say "we can't do this".

Every watch have serial number and when contact with iPhone, I think, watch send serial number to iPhone and Apple. But Apple can't block.

I never open Apple Watch box. What can I do?

USPS insured only $100.

Thank you.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Did you actually buy the watch from apple? If so and it was lost, they will send you a new one and charge USPS. It sounds like you maybe bought it through a 3rd party though b.c I think they are only coming fedex/ups.

If you bought it from a 3rd party, and it is "lost" you may have been scammed.

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Yes I order from Apple Store and they are send with UPS. Later I send to another address with USPS.

JnDRader

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
Yes I order from Apple Store and they are send with UPS. Later I send to another address with USPS.

Then it's on you for not insuring it for full value.

That's a silly mistake to make unfortunately. Not sure if you were sending to a friend/family member or if you were reselling it to make some $. Always insure something you ship for replacement value.

There's nothing Apple can, will, or should do. They successfully fulfilled their obligation by delivering the watch to you. After that, it's care and responsibility is solely yours.

Reactions: ilovemyibook

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
File a claim: https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

I hope it turns up for you in the meantime. :(

I wish! I contact with USPS and they are open investigation. But I haven't hope. :(

----------

Then it's on you for not insuring it for full value.

That's a silly mistake to make unfortunately. Not sure if you were sending to a friend/family member or if you were reselling it to make some $. Always insure something you ship for replacement value.

There's nothing Apple can, will, or should do. They successfully fulfilled their obligation by delivering the watch to you. After that, it's care and responsibility is solely yours.

Yes I know. Thank you.

----------

File a claim: https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

I hope it turns up for you in the meantime. :(

Are you sure it's been lost?

There's also an intercept option, depending on how you sent it:

https://retail-pi.usps.com/retailpi/actions/index.action

I will look. Thank you!

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Current USPS tracking information:

April 29, 2015 , 12:38 am
Departed USPS Facility
MIAMI, FL 33112

April 28, 2015 , 12:20 pm
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
MIAMI, FL 33112

April 28, 2015 , 11:05 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
MIAMI, FL 33166

April 24, 2015 , 3:31 pm
Shipping Label Created
MIAMI, FL 33166

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Why on earth would you ship a package for less than its value?

And, what does you shipping it elsewhere have to do with Apple? Once you signed with UPS and took delivery of the watch, this ceased to be Apple's problem.

What can Apple do? One does not activate an Apple Watch like one does an iPhone. There's nothing to "block."

This is a watch. You cannot "block" any other type of watch from being used if someone steals it, either.

Apple products are a hot commodity and ripe for theft. Not insuring it for full value was unwise.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Sorry to hear and best of luck. My sister shipped a $400 purse last summer, they lost it (or someone stole it), and were completely inept in helping locate it. They couldn't have cared less and my sister was out the $400. Eventually, 6 weeks later, they sent my sister $100 (the amount of their free insurance) and a shred of the box it was shipped in that had part of the barcode and shipping address on it.

I think USPS doesn't "lose" packages as much as their employees just like to steal them. :rolleyes:

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015

And, what does you shipping it elsewhere have to do with Apple? Once you signed with UPS and took delivery of the watch, this ceased to be Apple's problem.

Apple products are a hot commodity and ripe for theft.

Yes, Isn't Apple problem I know. I try to find more information for get my watch. I think, Apple know which Apple ID pair with Apple Watch.

HippieMagic

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011

What can Apple do? One does not activate an Apple Watch like one does an iPhone. There's nothing to "block."

This is a watch. You cannot "block" any other type of watch from being used if someone steals it, either.

Apple products are a hot commodity and ripe for theft. Not insuring it for full value was unwise.

Pretty sure they could block it from being used considering it does have a serial and does access the Internet.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Yes, Isn't Apple problem I know. I try to find more information for get my watch. I think, Apple know which Apple ID pair with Apple Watch.

Oh. You think Apple know which iPhone paired with your watch? How will that help you?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Pretty sure they could block it from being used considering it does have a serial and does access the Internet.

They don't have a method to do this yet. They had a front page article here on MR yesterday.

Watches aren't activated like phones. Phones didn't even start getting blacklisted by carriers until public backlash over stolen phones made it a necessity.

Realistically speaking, since any stolen Apple Watch would be wiped of the owners data in order to be paired with another person's iPhone, the Apple watch is just like any other watch right now. It can be used if stolen.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
Why on earth would you ship a package for less than its value?...

Because that would cost more money.

Sounds like OP shipped it to his "aunt" in the USA, and wants her to ship it to him in Tunisia or something.

Also, you're not allowed to ship lithium batteries from the USA internationally via USPS.

wesbowhunts

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
USPS is horrible right now. they have been closing down sorting facilities. I run an online business and ship things daily and they are running only about 60% right now for tracking correctly and losing packages. raise hell with them and they will find it. its probably sitting at a sorting facility along wiht a few hundred thousand packages left untouched.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
USPS is horrible right now. they have been closing down sorting facilities. I run an online business and ship things daily and they are running only about 60% right now for tracking correctly and losing packages. raise hell with them and they will find it. its probably sitting at a sorting facility along wiht a few hundred thousand packages left untouched.

IIRC, they contract employees now. That could have something to do with it.

antnee

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2014
I had a package ship from Miami recently to upper FL that was to come to chicago. It was stuck in upper FL until the shipper raised hell and put it tracking on it. All of a sudden it showed up at my house a week later. Good luck!

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica

CHEAPSKATES PERSON WOULD.

doing less amount insurance cost less money to ship ,lmao im just sitting here and laughing my butt off after seeing his post. He chose to save couple of bucks lol maybe 2-3 bucks max to insurance full value. my company send diamonds to rapaport nyc and each package cost us around 200 to 230 for fedex priority overnight which includes 75,000 usd to 100,000 usd insured packages and with god grace we havent lost a single package in highly traffic area in 2 years or so.

shox2k2

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wichita, KS
I work for usps. The insurance is included in the priority mail. I don't understand why you would ship it without additional insurance. I'm sure usps isn't the only one but those packages are tossed around with no regard to what's inside them. If it's valuable I would insure it.

Also the closing of the sorting facilities is crazy. It's possible it is just lost or missorted.

Where was it going? Looks like it was on a truck headed somewhere and then no scan. Was it going overseas?

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
rap.JPG ;):rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.