Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
He disappeared from the thread once people called him out for having someone ship it to him in a country that doesn't currently have Apple stuff. (and for being stupid/cheap to not insure it for what it was worth)

His broken English was the giveaway.

mynameisjosh

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Palm Coast, FL
If you are shipping overseas, which sounds like you are since you don't speak English very well, it's going to take more than 14 days usually to get there. It just left the U.S. 2 weeks ago. Sometimes it can take up to 30 days to arrive to the destination country. Be patient.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
He disappeared from the thread once people called him out for having someone ship it to him in a country that doesn't currently have Apple stuff. (and for being stupid/cheap to not insure it for what it was worth)

His broken English was the giveaway.

thought so since when i was in post office last week i saw 100 dollars included as insurance standard in international mail

Priority Mail Express International® Insurance

Priority Mail Express International includes insurance for document reconstruction up to $100 and for merchandise up to $200 against loss, damage, or missing contents. Additional coverage for merchandise may be available; individual country prohibitions and restrictions apply.

and now since its international i can see why he became cheapstake and didnt insurance it for full value but oh well i insurance my packages nationally and internationally. my avg national insurance cost 200-230 and my international with is only carried out by brinks cost me about 500-700 plus duty fees and taxes like duties and vat on international borders and includes armored pick up and drop off at my house.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
And not to harp on it, but:

Lithium Batteries
For domestic mailings only, small consumer-type primary lithium cells or batteries (lithium metal or lithium alloy) like those used to power cameras and flashlights are mailable domestically under certain conditions.*

*trying to mail lithium batteries using USPS

Last edited:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
watches are shipped via UPS or FedEx... at least for me its UPS. I don't think they ship em USPS?

PedCrossing

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
The Loop
Even if Apple is capable of "blocking" Apple watches, they simply can't do that if someone approaches Apple and says "My watch is stolen". Nobody knows the serial number of the watch in the package, nobody knows if the package is lost or still on its way and nobody knows if you are the actual owner. You can't tell your side of the story and have Apple be the police. If you're in the states, go to the police station and file a police report, it may help.

I feel sorry for what has happened to you, I would be frustrated if I had to go through the waiting and the drama. I wouldn't trust USPS with valuable or important items. And always insure your items. Hope you could get your watch soon.

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
I work for usps. The insurance is included in the priority mail. I don't understand why you would ship it without additional insurance. I'm sure usps isn't the only one but those packages are tossed around with no regard to what's inside them. If it's valuable I would insure it.

Also the closing of the sorting facilities is crazy. It's possible it is just lost or missorted.

Where was it going? Looks like it was on a truck headed somewhere and then no scan. Was it going overseas?

Yes I ship internationally. I use forwarder address.

This shipment not arrived to Sort Facility - ISC MIAMI.

Maybe someone is using my watch now!

I use 42mm Stainless Still now and I order 38mm Stainless Still Watch for my wife. But missing.

Anyway..

Maybe USPS say something to me tomorrow.

Thank you!

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Yes I ship internationally. I use forwarder address.

This shipment not arrived to Sort Facility - ISC MIAMI.

Maybe someone is using my watch now!

I use 42mm Stainless Still now and I order 38mm Stainless Still Watch for my wife. But missing.

Anyway..

Maybe USPS say something to me tomorrow.

Thank you!

Which country did you ship it to?

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Because some countries are known for unreliable mailing services. As such, it's helpful if you inform us which country it was shipped to.

I ship to Turkey.

I ship before GoPro, Tablet PC (notebook), Diving Computer, Canon lens, diving light and more.. Always I got it in one week.

USPS as well as follow:

1- Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility - MIAMI, FL 33166
2- Arrived at USPS Origin Facility - MIAMI, FL 33152
3- Departed USPS Facility - MIAMI, FL 33152
4- Arrived at USPS Origin Facility - MIAMI, FL 33112
5- Arrived at Sort Facility - ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
6- Processed Through Sort Facility - ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
7- ...

But my shipment only follow first three step.

1- April 28, 2015 - Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility - MIAMI, FL 33166
2- April 28, 2015 - Arrived at USPS Origin Facility - MIAMI, FL 33152
3- April 29, 2015 - Departed USPS Facility - MIAMI, FL 33152

I don't think the battery problem.

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
I work for usps. The insurance is included in the priority mail. I don't understand why you would ship it without additional insurance. I'm sure usps isn't the only one but those packages are tossed around with no regard to what's inside them. If it's valuable I would insure it.

Also the closing of the sorting facilities is crazy. It's possible it is just lost or missorted.

Where was it going? Looks like it was on a truck headed somewhere and then no scan. Was it going overseas?

I had contact with USPS and they are said "watch is forbidden item, may be USA customs holding" and they are start investigation.

Do you know? how can I send back to sender address from customs?

Thank you.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I had contact with USPS and they are said "watch is forbidden item, may be USA customs holding" and they are start investigation.

Thank you.

At this point if the USPS has intercepted your watch, it is not longer up to you. They will likely return it to the sender.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota

Thank you.

I had to look this up. It's apparently prohibited to send a mobile phone to Turkey by post for whatever reason and I guess they're treating the Watch like a phone.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
USPS is horrible right now. they have been closing down sorting facilities. I run an online business and ship things daily and they are running only about 60% right now for tracking correctly and losing packages. raise hell with them and they will find it. its probably sitting at a sorting facility along wiht a few hundred thousand packages left untouched.

USPS has their problems, but this hasn't been my experience. I also run an online business since 1998 and we ship via Priority Mail domestically and internationally every day, and we have very few problems. I can't even remember the last time we had a lost international package. We have an occasional first class package that goes missing, but they have been very reliable. Every once in a while we have an issue with a Priority package, but that's pretty rare. Of course, they aren't as reliable as UPS, but way, way cheaper. We have been shipping almost exclusively via USPS for a few years now. They used to be terrible years ago, but have gotten much better. I will admit that we have had a few more problems recently, but nothing like your describing and nothing that would make me consider stopping using them.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
You can't ship anything with a lithium battery from the USA to a country not named USA, via USPS.

Jesus Touching Christ.

I hope the OP gets his watch returned to the sender. Just use FedEx, UPS, DHL next time...and insure it for what it is worth.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
You can't ship anything with a lithium battery from the USA to a country not named USA, via USPS.

Jesus Touching Christ.

I hope the OP gets his watch returned to the sender. Just use FedEx, UPS, DHL next time...and insure it for what it is worth.

The OP can't even use FedEx, UPS, or DHL as it's prohibited to send mobile/cellular phones (for private persons and for personal use) to Turkey, and they're apparently treating the Watch like a cellular device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.