Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
Best case scenario, it's stalled but eventually get delivered at its destination.

Moderate case scenario, it's returned to sender.

Worst case scenario, a custom agent/USPS employee is fancying a new Apple Watch. ;)

I would say it's one of the first two.

watchever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2015
The OP can't even use FedEx, UPS, or DHL as it's prohibited to send mobile/cellular phones (for private persons and for personal use) to Turkey, and they're apparently treating the Watch like a cellular device.

Watch not prohibited for Turkish customs. My current watch (42mm) delivered with UPS. But second watch (38mm) not delivered with USPS. This is not battery issue. USA customs prohibited jevelery and watch (USPS customer service said). I think, watch is prohibited for Express Mail Service. If I want to order battery, TNT ship for me. I try before and it's work.

amnichols10

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
I had a similar problem with USPS a while ago. I shipped some shoes an the same thing happened. They filed a claim and everything because they couldn't locate the box (even though the box was assigned a tracking number). Package was insured for full price but was a painful process to recoup the money according to a USPS rep I talked too.

Long story short the box was stuck in a post office look to be shipped (for whatever reason). I would call the last post office that it has on the tracking. See if the box is there.

Moral of this story (both mine and yours) is never use USPS when shipping anything of value. They fail on so many levels

EDIT ... GLAD YOU GOT IT

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
I had a similar problem with USPS a while ago. ...

Moral of this story (both mine and yours) is never use USPS when shipping anything of value. ...
EDIT ... GLAD YOU GOT IT

I think perhaps the better moral of the story is to always insure for the full value of what you're shipping? ;)

No postal service or parcel carrier is perfect. Things can get lost or broken by any of them. If you're not insured when that happens, the cost falls on you.

amnichols10

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
I think perhaps the better moral of the story is to always insure for the full value of what you're shipping? ;)

No postal service or parcel carrier is perfect. Things can get lost or broken by any of them. If you're not insured when that happens, the cost falls on you.

You are exactly right. Mine is a close 2nd though :)

Reactions: iConnected
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.