Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream

Attachments

• vaja.jpg
    vaja.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 577

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
Looks pretty neat. I'm interested in how it will differ from their 13" messenger. Have you bought anything from them in the past? How are the looks and quality in person?

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Looks pretty neat. I'm interested in how it will differ from their 13" messenger. Have you bought anything from them in the past? How are the looks and quality in person?
Actually, I've never seen any of their stuff in person. Everything I've read says that it's top-notch quality, but perhaps someone who actually has a Vaja case can chime in?

My Incase MacBook case will suffice for now to keep the scratches away, but I've pretty much decided I'm going to get a Vaja case or a Booq case specifically for the MBA. I've had a couple of Booq cases in the past (the Vyper series) and they are excellent. For me, it's pretty much going to come down to whichever case I can lay my hands on first. Booq have said mid-April for an MBA Vyper; Vaja just says "soon".

lidomkj

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
Actually, I've never seen any of their stuff in person. Everything I've read says that it's top-notch quality, but perhaps someone who actually has a Vaja case can chime in?
QUOTE]

I have had their cell phone cases for the Treo, iPhone and Sony. Top notch quality, takes awhile to receive though. Their products are strong and take a beating. I had 1 issue with a case seam pulling apart from wear and tear. They sent me a brand new case and told me to keep the old one. They just wanted pictures of the problem before they shipped me a new one.

Federico

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
South Florida
vaja!! the best quality for leather cases!!!! they ship from Argentina (the big beef country), i'm still have a vaja ipod case (1st gen) :D

imapfsr

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Victoria, B.C.
I just ordered the iVolution for my iPhone and it looks very hot !!!!!! Nicest I seen so far...still havent seen one live though. When I ordered mine yesterday I saw that and put my name in for the 'info when it becomes available' club so we will see. Could be very cool though.

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007

I have three ipod and my iphone covered by vaja. I won't cover my apple products in anything else. I have never put a laptop in a case before, but ever since I got my MBA I have been looking for a case for it because it specifically designed to travel everywhere I go. I have been carrying it in a neoprene belkin for the macbook waiting for vaja to release their case!! [EXCITEMENT]

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
Here is also another picture that I picked up off vaja's website when you try and see the Air cases. It also allows you to sign up for an email list.

Attachments

• form.jpg
    form.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3,945

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I too have one of their iPhone cases. Their workmanship is amazing.

However silly this sounds, I was amazed that when I got the case it was exactly the color it showed it would be. I mean I could pull up what I designed on the internet and hold my phone up to it and they were a perfect match. Maybe just a fluke, but sure was amused. :eek:

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
I have purchased about 6 different cases from them. In my opinion they are always the best and accordingly the most expensive. I always buy the ivolution style Vaja case for any particular product as those are designed to add the least mass to whatever the gadget may be. It should also be noted that delivery times tend to be long as they are custom (and can be very custom if you choose) and are from Argentina

I can spot a Vaja case a mile away and it always makes me smile, though I really don't see them very often. Definitely the best of the best.

In the situation with the Air, I am not sure I can justify a Vaja case for a laptop since it truly is just a sleeve I seek, but I am excited to see what they come up with. I would not want to put the Air in something that is always wrapped around it, since that would kinda kill the whole thin and aluminum thing.

I bought the Incipio sleeve for the Air and love it. Slick, high quality, and minimalist. If I recall it was only about $30 or so.

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
I have purchased about 6 different cases from them. In my opinion they are always the best and accordingly the most expensive. I always buy the ivolution style Vaja case for any particular product as those are designed to add the least mass to whatever the gadget may be. It should also be noted that delivery times tend to be long as they are custom (and can be very custom if you choose) and are from Argentina

I can spot a Vaja case a mile away and it always makes me smile, though I really don't see them very often. Definitely the best of the best.

In the situation with the Air, I am not sure I can justify a Vaja case for a laptop since it truly is just a sleeve I seek, but I am excited to see what they come up with. I would not want to put the Air in something that is always wrapped around it, since that would kinda kill the whole thin and aluminum

I bought the Incipio sleeve for the Air and love it. Slick, high quality, and minimalist. If I recall it was only about $30 or so.

I agree. The sketches that I poseted earlier even resemble the incipio sleeve a little with an extra "flap". I will definitely wait and see what vaja comes up with. I'm sure whatever they have in the works will meet my standards for a case/sleeve.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I love my Vaja iPhone case and am definitely interested in seeing what they bring us for the MBA! Right now I'm using an InCase 13" sleeve that is really meant for the MacBook so that I could at least protect my MBA when taking it out of the house, but obviously I am going to want something that fits properly and also which looks as elegant as the MBA itself.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream

Attachments

• clayvaja.png
    clayvaja.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 252

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
The Vaja cases for the MBA are now available for order! (Just FYI, they start at $150.)

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=notebook-apple-macbookair&ini=nva392c&c=5&it=1&s=1

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=notebook-apple-macbookair&ini=vap015c&c=5&it=1&s=1

EDIT: Here's what I just ordered... $194 including FedEx shipping. It's going to take 30 long days to receive it, though:

They look nice. Even though they don't look like the same case that is pictured in either the teaser that has been up when you first enter the site or the sketches that have been up when you tried and order one earlier.

I think I might hold out for a little while longer. I'm thinking they will probably do as they did with the iPhone. Release some simple cases to get to the market as fast as they can, and then add a few more nicer options in a month or so? Any thoughts?

brianhn1

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
The Vaja cases for the MBA are now available for order! (Just FYI, they start at $150.)

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=notebook-apple-macbookair&ini=nva392c&c=5&it=1&s=1

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=notebook-apple-macbookair&ini=vap015c&c=5&it=1&s=1

EDIT: Here's what I just ordered... $194 including FedEx shipping. It's going to take 30 long days to receive it, though:

The Classic has been available for the regular MacBook 13" for some time.

tony-in-japan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Saitama, Japan
Expensive, but if you appreciate high-quality craftsmanship (especially with leather) then I don’t think there is better than Vaja.

I think Vaja goes hand-in-hand with Apple products in that they try to aim for that ‘wow’ factor.

I had a leather case custom-made for my iPod and it was fantastic (came with great packaging too). It certainly makes your item seem more precious, exclusive and unique. If you are prepared to spend so much on a Vaja item, then it is certainly proof that you ‘love’ your item.

I am looking forward to getting a custom-made Vaja iPhone case (once the iPhone is released in my country) and one for my future Apple laptop (or maybe even an iTablet!).

Particular

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2007
these are not the "coming soon" case for the MBA advertised on the front page as coming soon... These are just the standard cases resized to fit the MBA. Vaja is working on something special just MBA-specific.

phatjoe

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
IL
I have a vaja case for my ipod. It's a great looking case, but I don't think it's worth the money. Same applies for the MBA case.

$150 for a leather sleeve...just seems a bit much. :eek:

I also remember it took a LONG to receive my ipod case, and their customer service wasn't that great. They could have gotten better through the years....

baronetta

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
I have a Vaja case that I bought a few years ago for my HandSpring PDA.

Best quality case I have ever bought for any piece of equipment. Still love it after all these years!

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
these are not the "coming soon" case for the MBA advertised on the front page as coming soon... These are just the standard cases resized to fit the MBA. Vaja is working on something special just MBA-specific.

I think they might have taken down the "coming soon". But I still agree that these aren't the case that is advertised on the main page. Hence the reason that I'm waiting to buy a vaja case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.