Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I think they might have taken down the "coming soon". But I still agree that these aren't the case that is advertised on the main page. Hence the reason that I'm waiting to buy a vaja case.
OK, I just got confirmation that that is correct. I e-mailed the folks at Vaja... here's the reply I got:

Clay,
That is a new item, which is under development now and we cannot tell when it will be released or its final features.

Best regards
So there is something else in the pipeline. Don't know when it will be available or what it will look like... so I'm glad I'm not waiting for it.

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
OK, I just got confirmation that that is correct. I e-mailed the folks at Vaja... here's the reply I got:

So there is something else in the pipeline. Don't know when it will be available or what it will look like... so I'm glad I'm not waiting for it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I already have the belkin neoprene case, so waiting won't be a problem.

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
Yeah, I guess I can sell my Incase neoprene MacBook case now, since I have an AirMail and a Vaja case on the way. :)

Nice .. let us know how that Vaja case is and post pictures when it comes in. I'm sure it will be great, can't wait to hear what you got to say about it.

GT500

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
Leeds, England
Ordered my Vaja iPhone case last week. Decided to go for the iVolution SP. cost me $92 :eek: had to have it though ;)

Cant.......Wait............Much.............Longer!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
so does anyone have one of these yet we can get some IRL pics of? I'm looking at the shoulder bag with the pocket but I am curious as to how much gack you can fit into the pocket. I've got a USB drive, ect

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
so does anyone have one of these yet we can get some IRL pics of? I'm looking at the shoulder bag with the pocket but I am curious as to how much gack you can fit into the pocket. I've got a USB drive, ect
Takes 30 days to get one... I've still got about 3 weeks to go before mine arrives. (Mine's not the shoulder bag, though, just the normal sleeve.)

BTW, there are two more models available for the MBA now:

Classic Slim Jacket (open at the top): http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=notebook-apple-macbookair&ini=nap011c&c=5&it=1&s=1

Retro Slim Jacket (flap at the top): http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=notebook-apple-macbookair&ini=nap012r&c=5&it=1&s=1

I still like the one I ordered (the Classic Jacket) the best of them all.

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
Takes 30 days to get one... I've still got about 3 weeks to go before mine arrives. (Mine's not the shoulder bag, though, just the normal sleeve.)

Classic Slim Jacket (open at the top): http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=notebook-apple-macbookair&ini=nap011c&c=5&it=1&s=1

Retro Slim Jacket (flap at the top): http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html?Prod=notebook-apple-macbookair&ini=nap012r&c=5&it=1&s=1

I really like the two new jackets. But I think I'm gonna still hold out another few weeks, just to see what the i-volution cases look like. Think they will be similar to all the other laptop ones?

jamesop

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2008
Vaja Cases

I'm hoping that the macbook air case they had concept pictures of will be the ivolution case...

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008

cool..well I'd love to see how it looks when you get it...so pics are much appreciated :)

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Delayed

So my Vaja case is sitting on a shelf in the FedEx facility in Buenos Aires right now... it was shipped on Wednesday night, but I guess they forgot to put it on the plane on Thursday. And now because of holidays this weekend in Argentina, the case ain't going anywhere until Tuesday at the earliest. So I won't have it until Wednesday at the earliest.

Stupid FedEx. :mad:

hotdamn

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2007
Ottawa, ON, Canada
So my Vaja case is sitting on a shelf in the FedEx facility in Buenos Aires right now... it was shipped on Wednesday night, but I guess they forgot to put it on the plane on Thursday. And now because of holidays this weekend in Argentina, the case ain't going anywhere until Tuesday at the earliest. So I won't have it until Wednesday at the earliest.

Stupid FedEx. :mad:

haha, I feel your pain, I really do.
Keep in mind though, the updating of the tracking page is delayed.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
haha, I feel your pain, I really do.
Keep in mind though, the updating of the tracking page is delayed.
Yeah, but I called them this morning and complained, and one of their International Tracking folks called me back later in the morning to confirm it was still in BA. My main complaint is that it just sat there on Thursday... I even referenced Tom Hanks' character from Cast Away and mentioned how bad FedEx' international service is.

If I had had a choice of shipper, I would not have chosen FedEx. But I didn't, so there you go.

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
New case still in the works!

They just added a teaser to the opening of the website. Check it out ...

Also when you go look at all the MBA cases there is a the sketch picture that I posted earlier where the new product will be.

Can't wait to see what it looks like. I cracked and bought the incase neoprene sleeve and couldn't be happier right now. But I might have to splurge if this new case is nice?

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
It's Here!

Just arrived from FedEx... nine days after it was shipped. ("When it absolutely, positively has to get there eventually.") I am off work today, so here are my first impressions and a few pictures.

The construction is, as others have previously said about Vaja products, top-notch. I am very much reminded of old school Gucci products... the leather feels really smooth (buttery, even), there is a minimum amount of visible stitching (just around the tabs at the ends), and they used a really sturdy YKK zipper. The colors are spot-on to the web site... I went with black with orange piping to match somewhat the colors on my site. The inside is lined with Vaja-imprinted fabric, in the LV manner. The tab with my name and stuff on it (an optional feature well worth the $10) contains no misspellings (thank goodness) and is the same leather as the outside of the case, with a felt-like backing.

As you can see from one of the pictures, this case does not fit the MBA like a glove. In fact, there's enough room inside for the MBA to completely clear the name tag.

So I am very pleased with this case! Well worth the money, if you want a really nice way to tote your MBA around. I am interested still in seeing what the rumored new iVolution case for the MBA looks like, but that's a post for another time.

Attachments

• vaja1.png
    vaja1.png
    689.5 KB · Views: 68
  • vaja2.png
    vaja2.png
    996.2 KB · Views: 104
  • vaja3.png
    vaja3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • vaja4.png
    vaja4.png
    686.8 KB · Views: 81
  • vaja5.png
    vaja5.png
    699.7 KB · Views: 1,067
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.