Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA
Just arrived from FedEx... nine days after it was shipped. ("When it absolutely, positively has to get there eventually.") I am off work today, so here are my first impressions and a few pictures.

The construction is, as others have previously said about Vaja products, top-notch. I am very much reminded of old school Gucci products... the leather feels really smooth (buttery, even), there is a minimum amount of visible stitching (just around the tabs at the ends), and they used a really sturdy YKK zipper. The colors are spot-on to the web site... I went with black with orange piping to match somewhat the colors on my site. The inside is lined with Vaja-imprinted fabric, in the LV manner. The tab with my name and stuff on it (an optional feature well worth the $10) contains no misspellings (thank goodness) and is the same leather as the outside of the case, with a felt-like backing.

As you can see from one of the pictures, this case does not fit the MBA like a glove. In fact, there's enough room inside for the MBA to completely clear the name tag.

So I am very pleased with this case! Well worth the money, if you want a really nice way to tote your MBA around. I am interested still in seeing what the rumored new iVolution case for the MBA looks like, but that's a post for another time.

That looks really nice! Even better than I expected.

Quick question: the inside of the zipper looks a litte too exposed, would it be able to scratch the edge of the MBA at all of it was bumping around in a bag?

attachment.php

Thanks!

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
That looks really nice! Even better than I expected.

Quick question: the inside of the zipper looks a litte too exposed, would it be able to scratch the edge of the MBA at all of it was bumping around in a bag?

attachment.php

Thanks!
No, the zipper is completely on the outside of the storage compartment. You would have to be a little careful when putting the MBA in (or taking it out of) the case, but once it's inside, the MBA can't be touched by the zipper.

n0de

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2005
Under Products>Phones>Apple there is now a placeholder for an "iPhone 3g"!!

Only from the Home page though. If you go from another product it does not show.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006

HotAir

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2008
Hollywood CA USA
March 29: Ordered MBA & iPhone cases from Vaja.
Site says 30 days required to produce items ordered.

May 1: 30 days has come & gone and no word from Vaja. Received order confirmation/credit card was charged weeks ago. Sent email. No replies.

Hmmm.

Particular

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2007
What a huge disappointment. I was expecting something really special. This is plain and boring.

bence8810

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Hi

Has anyone gotten the Shoulder bag for the Macbook Air?

I am really curious, but I would like to see some live pictures how it looks in-use, and if the adapted will fit in it as well,

Thanks

Ben

HotAir

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2008
Hollywood CA USA
March 29: Ordered MBA & iPhone cases from Vaja.
Site says 30 days required to produce items ordered.

May 1: 30 days has come & gone and no word from Vaja. Received order confirmation/credit card was charged weeks ago. Sent email. No replies.

Hmmm.

For the record: Vaja replied saying items are in final production process and tracking # will be forwarded upon shipment.

imapfsr

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Victoria, B.C.
They can take longer than they say on their site. I ordered the case for the iphone and it took 47 days....long time but well worth it. It is by far the nicest and best constructed case I have ever used. Fits the iphone like a glove so I am considering the shoulder bag as well. You will be very pleased and find it worth the wait.

HotAir

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2008
Hollywood CA USA
They can take longer than they say on their site. I ordered the case for the iphone and it took 47 days....long time but well worth it. It is by far the nicest and best constructed case I have ever used. Fits the iphone like a glove so I am considering the shoulder bag as well. You will be very pleased and find it worth the wait.

Okay thanks. Good to know. Others seemed to receive their orders before the 30 days and I guess I was getting antsy. ;)

ninoxrk

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
Just ordered one

Got the case in orange and black, but it'll be a month before it arrives. I carry my Air everywhere so I figure it's a good investment, though the price is pretty steep. Luckily, it's a business expense so it's easier to justify! :rolleyes: The Neoprene sleeve I've been using only protects it from nicks and scratches for the most part.

friareunuch

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2009
heat issues?

was looking at the leather shell for the uMBP 15". anyone know if there are heat issues with it?

redrox5

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Chicago
was looking at the leather shell for the uMBP 15". anyone know if there are heat issues with it?

I hate to revive a dead topic, but I figure it is better than starting a new one and cluttering it up. I was thinking of getting an iVolution Jacket case, the one that you leave on the MBA constantly. It would be a Rev. C, 2.13, does anyone have any experience with heat related issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.