Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Did you also have the issue, that different account calendars are not working with Ventura?

With Monterey everything was fine (used an Office365 Account/Calendar and an on premise Exchange calendar).

After updating to Ventura first the Office365 calendar(s) didn't work. After reconnecting the account, they where fine, but the on premise calendar stopped working.

What's your experience? I cannot get both to work. So stupid!

EDIT:
as it’s a wide spread issue with Exchange Sync I changed the title of the thread and have to add the big issue with contacts and birthday reminders one day off (it even changes the birthday date for one day). This bug was solved within iOS long time ago - but no one at Apple does solve it for macOS.

Last edited:

hannidder

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2022
Same issue here on iMac and MacBook, since update to Ventura: syncing with Exchange calendar very erroneous. Never had issues with Monterey!
Email sync with Exchange seems to work however.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Come on Apple?!

That’s such a big bug that has to be sollte really fast!

In business Nearly everyone is using office365 and/or exchange.

Please fix your contacts and calendar sync

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Tested with Outlook and Fantastical, no issues there, sync with Exchange works fine!
Thx. Did you have several/maybe mixed Office365/Exchange on prem accounts or only one?

Please check the birthday issue with one day off. For me all birthday entries are one day off because of faulty sync behavior. (within iOS this bug was fixed, but not with macOS).

hannidder

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2022
I only have one mixed O365/Exchange on premium account.

Checked the birthday issue, indeed fixed in iOS but in macOS (some) birthdays are still one day off, even in Fantastical...

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Checked the birthday issue, indeed fixed in iOS but in macOS (some) birthdays are still one day off, even in Fantastical...
Don't know, why Apple isn't able to fix this stupid bug. I always congratulate on the wrong day.

In the meantime, I've entered the date of birth in the contact's notes so that i am sure when someone's birthday is.

hannidder

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2022
In the meantime I deleted the Exchange account and added it again. Now the Exchange calendar isn't even showing up anymore in Apple Calendar :eek:

• Sad
Reactions: Larsvonhier

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Same for me. After a reboot only half of the calendars are showing up.

It really is a big mess 🙈

scionfriar

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2005
Been trying to get an Exchange calendar appointment that was showing before Ventura to show up since upgrading and no go. Rebooted, removed Exchange account completely, rebooted, same. It's correct in Outlook, OWA, and iOS.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
It would be nice, if Macrumors would make a blog-story out of this issue, as it‘s there since a long time and ’still’ not fixed.

It’s so annoying, as it’s nearly impossible to use my ‘very expensive’ Mac within business. Contacts broken (because of birthdays one day off bug), calendar broken (because it’s doesn’t show up all calendars, or only a part of them), big issues with Exchange sync in general.

Apple needs to fix this very fast!

Flyfree

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2022
Using Fantastical and Outlook. Therefore didn't notice any problem until I wanted to add a Reminder using Siri.
Can't get my (hosted) Exchange Tasks into Reminders. It just doesn't show up in MacOS Ventura Reminders app. On and off the reminders switch in Internet Accounts Settings Exchange on the Mac doesn't help.
Hope Apple will fix this soon.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Using Fantastical and Outlook. Therefore didn't notice any problem until I wanted to add a Reminder using Siri.
Can't get my (hosted) Exchange Tasks into Reminders. It just doesn't show up in MacOS Ventura Reminders app. On and off the reminders switch in Internet Accounts Settings Exchange on the Mac doesn't help.
Hope Apple will fix this soon.
Fantastical does nothing special and it uses the macOS sync capabilities.
So the issue is still there and comes from Apple, as they did not manage to get full support for Exchange (more or less it even got worse over time).

EDIT: As it's getting worse I don't think, Apple will solve it in near future.

Flyfree

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2022
Just received following reply via Apple's Twitter support:
"At this point we’d recommend that you connect with Microsoft Support to help determine if there are any compatibility issues with the new update."

Very disappointing that Apple plays the "it's not us, it's them" game.

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
Did you also have the issue, that different account calendars are not working with Ventura?

With Monterey everything was fine (used an Office365 Account/Calendar and an on premise Exchange calendar).

After updating to Ventura first the Office365 calendar(s) didn't work. After reconnecting the account, they where fine, but the on premise calendar stopped working.

What's your experience? I cannot get both to work. So stupid!

EDIT:
as it’s a wide spread issue with Exchange Sync I changed the title of the thread and have to add the big issue with contacts and birthday reminders one day off (it even changes the birthday date for one day). This bug was solved within iOS long time ago - but no one at Apple does solve it for macOS.
Which version of outlook are you using? The old one (the only one that works with in house exchange servers) or the new one?

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Which version of outlook are you using? The old one (the only one that works with in house exchange servers) or the new one?
I don’t use Outlook for calendar and contacts. Only use it for mail.

I want to use stock apps from Apple (calendar.app and contacts.app) for Exchange & Office365 sync like I did it with Catalina.

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
I think they are on divergent paths. I am using MS apps for 365 and my life has been simpler and Apple for the rest. Separation of work and home and all has been well.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
I think they are on divergent paths. I am using MS apps for 365 and my life has been simpler and Apple for the rest. Separation of work and home and all has been well.
Apple claims, that it is fully compatible, but they are not! That’s the point.
If they would say, we’re Apple and give a sh** on exchange/Office 365 sync I would understand.
But not this way!

Beachside

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
Magically, mine started working again about 3 weeks ago. I wish I knew what changed. But I can tell you that I started using Fantastical instead and I'm hooked.

flowderf

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2015
Exchange account in Apple Mail refuses to receive new emails, is incredibly slow to connect, but does send and also receives mail that was just read on another machine. Tried deleting and re-adding the Exchange internet account to no avail.True across a couple machines, all ARM. Works fine on iPad and phone.
Hope this gets fixed quickly - my university is telling me to use outlook, yuk.

Reactions: kOoLiNuS

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
I have issues with Exchange Calendar and Ventura:
- In the new invites section, there are no buttons to accept or decline, there is just OK button.
- The event show in the calendar as accepted, even though I have not yet done so.
- Once I accept an invitation from mail, it keeps on reminding me in reminders about this event.
- In the reminders, there are options to accept and decline, but it is confusing, as I already accepted.

Complete mess.

• Sad
Reactions: bsmr

dBaseIIIPlus

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2022
I upgraded two iMac computers, one MBP and one MBA form version 12 to version 13. Before upgrade version 13, all computers use Apple Calendar app connected to Exchange calendar. After upgrade to version 13, Apple Calendar of 3 computers cannot sync new events from Exchange Server. Only MBA without any issue with Exchange Server.

I deleted all calendar cache files in Mac computer and remove Exchange account in Mac computer. Add Exchange account in Mac computer again. Exchange calrndar on Mac computer is back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.