Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chevyboy60013

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
Typically I use the Apple native apps, the Apple version of office and the native mail app. Installed Microsoft office 365 just to see if it is tolerable and so far no issues with it on Ventura.

• Wow
Reactions: Larsvonhier

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
I deleted all calendar cache files in Mac computer and remove Exchange account in Mac computer. Add Exchange account in Mac computer again. Exchange calrndar on Mac computer is back to normal.
Where can I find the calendar cache files under macOS?

dBaseIIIPlus

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2022
Where can I find the calendar cache files under macOS?
1. Quit Calendar (Not minimize)
2. Finder -> Go -> Library (If there is no Library show, please hold option key and select Library)
3. Within the Library folder look for another folder named Calendars and open it up.
4. Within this folder look for 3 files that have a name that starts with Calendar.sqlitedb or Calendar Cache. Select those files, move them to the trash and empty the trash.

Reactions: Marty_Macfly

tmprsns

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2022
SO here's how I fixed Office365 calendar sync on Ventura using Mac Calendar, very simply:
(1) Opened up Mac Calendar
(2) Menu Calendar > Accounts > [select the account]
(3) Critical step: uncheck the switch next to Calendar, and in the "Turn Off Calendars" popup-box that comes up, choose "Delete from My Mac"
(4) Wait 1 minute - it will make you feel better :)
(5) Then re-check the switch next to Calendar and wait about another minute.

All my calendar invites re-appeared, and were editable. Pretty straightforwards for me.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
SO here's how I fixed Office365 calendar sync on Ventura using Mac Calendar, very simply:
Tried it. It's working ok, but not 100%.
Still have issues while using different calendars within Office365.

Update/EDIT: No, it's not working as it should. Syncing wrong calendar colors, entries are not deleted (they're deleted within OWA, but still visible within macOS calendar). At the first step it looks ok/working, but after a while the problems will come up.

And the other big point - birthdays within contacts are still one day off! But that's another huge bug within 'Exchange' Sync.

Last edited:

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Just an interesting update I think.

My M1 Max fans got noisy because of launchd process 'calaccessd' - jump to 120-130% CPU consumption....

Looks like something really is wrong with calendar-sync within Ventura.

flowderf

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2015
Still a problem in Monterey Mail where the Exchange account just stops retrieving email from the server. I think I narrowed it down to Rules that sort incoming mail into folders - Rules keeps forgetting the "Move to.." folder, defaulting to "No folder selected" which causes the mail in question to stay on the server and not get loaded to Apple Mail.

It *might* be because I have one older Intel machine and one M1 machine - the Intel machine cannot upgrade from Monterey, and perhaps these two versions of Mail are not talking to each other very well.

Curious if I just need to delete some .plist somewhere?

adipoos

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Is there any update on this issue yet? I'm holding back on updating until I know that I can get my Exchange account working reliably.

hannidder

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2022
Still not very reliable... Exchange sync used to work well on iMac and MacBook for years until the Ventura update. Sync issues started right after updating on the MacBook and since this week on the iMac as well.
Installed Fantastical on both machines...

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
I stopped using MS Exchange as much as possible and only using webinterface.

So annoying, that it doesn't work with macOS.

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
I stopped using MS Exchange as much as possible and only using webinterface.

So annoying, that it doesn't work with macOS.
It works fine here, multiple accounts to 365. This is using 'New Outlook' and Ventura 13.1 (22C65).

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
It works fine here, multiple accounts to 365. This is using 'New Outlook' and Ventura 13.1 (22C65).
Did you try macOS Calendar/Contacts. What about the birthdays? All one day off within macOS, but with iOS everything fine?
For me it's totally broken.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
My events etc are all fine in Calendar - but I don't have the "Out of Office" option for settings of a new event, only Free, Busy and Tentative. Always worked before, and works in other apps including iOS Calendar.

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
Did you try macOS Calendar/Contacts. What about the birthdays? All one day off within macOS, but with iOS everything fine?
For me it's totally broken.
I do MacOS Calendar and contacts in the native applications – limited use only.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
So we're now on venture 13.5 and it is still not working for me. I have no Exchange calendars showing in Calendar at all, and all fixes I've come across didn't work.

Has anyone tried the Sonoma betas, and did that fix your issues?

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Things mostly going OK for me (on Sonoma) -- but does anyone know why I can't choose "Out of Office" as Show As in Calendar? I'm using an O365 account for my calendar. (It's ok on iOS, but no good on MacOS.)

cjonline

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2023
London, UK
YES! FIXED FOR ME IN SONOMA 14.1
Fantastic!!!

However, I now wonder if Apple may now fix this bug in previous versions of Mac O/S for older devices which CAN'T upgrade to Sonoma (now they know what to do to fix it)?

Last edited:

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Looks like newest Sonoma Update brought back all those issues with Exchange, Calendars, Birthdays and so on… So annoying. (Or is it Microsoft?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.