Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you pre-ordering through Verizon?

• Yes

Votes: 136 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 21.8%

• Total voters

Scarphac3

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2013
So now we've got the exact opposite issue with my SO's phone. Ordered Wednesday, was supposed to ship next Friday.

It actually shipped today. Which is great, except I doubt anyone will be here.

It's being shipped with UPS. Do we have options to re-direct or should we wait and see if they leave a call tag? It says it "may" require a signature but I've read some people have gotten them unsigned.
If you have the UPS app then you have the option to have the phone held at a location of your choice. I got mine delivered through Fedex but they did require a signature.

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
So now we've got the exact opposite issue with my SO's phone. Ordered Wednesday, was supposed to ship next Friday.

It actually shipped today. Which is great, except I doubt anyone will be here.

It's being shipped with UPS. Do we have options to re-direct or should we wait and see if they leave a call tag? It says it "may" require a signature but I've read some people have gotten them unsigned.
You could always hold for pickup. But if you sign up for UPS MyChoice, you can authorize release of the shipment so it doesn’t need a signature.

Reactions: diane143

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
You could always hold for pickup. But if you sign up for UPS MyChoice, you can authorize release of the shipment so it doesn’t need a signature.
I have that! But I don't think I want it left. We usually don't have issues but I did have a package of Oki toners taken from my steps around Christmas a couple of years ago.

My options are change delivery address ($15 to change address? geez!) or provide delivery instructions, which won't open. I was hoping there'd be a "hold for pickup" option.

(I can't believe I'm complaining about an early delivery :rolleyes: )

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
I have that! But I don't think I want it left. We usually don't have issues but I did have a package of Oki toners taken from my steps around Christmas a couple of years ago.

My options are change delivery address ($15 to change address? geez!) or provide delivery instructions, which won't open. I was hoping there'd be a "hold for pickup" option.

You don’t have a customer center around you? I know when I got my 12 PM, I was going out of town the day of delivery, I had to actually call them (or I chatted with them, can’t remember) and that’s the only way I could hold for pickup. Went in the morning to pick it up.

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
You don’t have a customer center around you? I know when I got my 12 PM, I was going out of town the day of delivery, I had to actually call them (or I chatted with them, can’t remember) and that’s the only way I could hold for pickup. Went in the morning to pick it up.
It's in the city and no idea if they are open today. But the phone is "loaded on the delivery vehicle" as I type! Crazy, one day shipping. Sadly this keeps me married to the front of the house today but better than the alternative. I'll have to see if I can find the live tracking.

<edit> MyChoice shows me a pickup location right down the street, so that is good for future reference. ETA is 11:15 - 1:15 so that's not bad.

Last edited:

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
<whew> It's here. He tossed it on the back deck, no signature. I actually opened it because the label said "returns" so I was afraid it was just a return box (despite Verizon instructing us NOT to select trade in>. The slip inside shows full price but my next bill estimate doesn't match that so I think we're good for now. I just have to deal with the return later this week now.

waitingimpatiently

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2021
Wondering if anyone has experienced this...

Order status on Verizon's website (while not logged in) shows "Order is Shipped" along with a ship date of 10/15. When signed in, however, the status is "Ordered" - not "Shipped."

It does say the "delivery date will be updated soon" instead of the previous estimate of 10/22. However, I was expecting the signed-in status to reflect the signed-out after more than 16 hours. Anyone have the same happen?

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Having an issue (maybe) with the shipment of my trade in iPhone back to Verizon. Shipped in the box with the UPS label supplied - was supposed to arrive Friday. Yesterday morning it said out for delivery but later in morning changed to on route and has stayed that way. Hope the didn't lose it

UPS sort of admitted today it is missing or lost - now more fun begins

Last edited:

TripleP

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
How long should it take for VZW to complete the trade in process? They received my trade in a week ago today and there’s been no update since.

magnetic_electrique

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
Chicago
Just switched to Verizon today from T-Mobile. Ordered the 13 Pro in Sierra Blue 256gb. Trading in my iPhone 12 Pro Max for $1000 in credits. Only downside is the 13 Pro is on back order currently and is expected to ship in December. Hoping I don't have to wait that long.

Last edited:
Reactions: USC_Gamecock

myworld2008

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2008
Anyone's iPhone Pro 128 or iPhone Pro Max 128 with 10/22/21 ship date, Got shipped Yet ? I have both order with ship by date 10/22 but nothing shipped yet.

Reactions: USC_Gamecock

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
My lost trade in to Verizon via UPS - sort of opened a inquiry via UPS but they said since I'm not really the shipper since Verizon created the label and was paying for shipping etc. they would look for the phone but really need to tell Verizon. Went to Verizon store where bought and they said I have to call Verizon since they only sell and can't deal with issues such as this. So if really lost who pays for the value of the traded in phone.

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
This is my next estimated bill and the bill after that. I think both totals should be the same - $17. I must be tired because I can't figure out why one is $27 and one is $17.

Anyone have opinions between Verizons protection vs Applecare?

Also - and this will be fun to fix :rolleyes: - the iPad I actually purchased isn't showing a discount, what I'm getting charged works out to $452 over 2 years. But wait! The iPad that got returned to TX and that is showing in the order section as cancelled, is now on my BILL for ($14.57). The difference between the two is about what I was told initially. But it's spread over two iPads, one of which I don't own. ?‍♀️

View attachment 1865337

Went away for a few days. Just checked my Verizon account and the mystery iPad is gone. So are ALL my discounts, the one on the phone included.

I feel like I should have started my own thread. ?

kakalovevivi

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2021
I place order for iphone 13 pro max/blue/256gb on 9/19, I still haven't received , the order still under processing. Anyone have same issue like me?

Jonny Robinson

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Oh bloody hell.

I must've said half dozen times, are you sure? That doesn't sound right at all and is not how my order worked. So he asked the girl up front - the same one who - twice - sold me my phone and activated it. She agreed with him.

Mind blown.

Truth be told, I had 3 orders put in and who really knows how the last one worked?

I have the email with the offer on it. I have the printout from Apple's page showing a zero monthly payment using Verizon's special plan. I have proof the order went in today. If it gets fubard, I call. Again.
Weird.
This is my next estimated bill and the bill after that. I think both totals should be the same - $17. I must be tired because I can't figure out why one is $27 and one is $17.

Anyone have opinions between Verizons protection vs Applecare?

Also - and this will be fun to fix :rolleyes: - the iPad I actually purchased isn't showing a discount, what I'm getting charged works out to $452 over 2 years. But wait! The iPad that got returned to TX and that is showing in the order section as cancelled, is now on my BILL for ($14.57). The difference between the two is about what I was told initially. But it's spread over two iPads, one of which I don't own. ?‍♀️

View attachment 1865337
Verizon has always told me their next bill estimate is never accurate it's an estimate.

Math is HARD.

I will take Apple Care every time. I rarely damage my iPhone but when I need it I have received a full device replacement for free and have only been given two refurbished replacements in 10 years. Those replacements ended up getting replaced with new devices (also for free) later on anyway.

Verizon is never going to replace your device with a new one, it will always be refurbished.
I am SOOOO sorry for laughing but that is exactly what started my nightmare! I had this happen twice, once on my preorder and once on an iPad I never ordered.

Multiple people told me to ignore the T&C warning on the iPad I didn't want. The deadline was Oct 1. They shipped it, unpaid and unsigned, on Oct 4. I refused delivery, it went back to the hub then fedex sent it back to my town waiting for me to pick it up. It finally got back to where it came from Tuesday.

I have no idea what the right answer is, I'm so sorry you've been burned by Verizon!
Verizon...

It's in the city and no idea if they are open today. But the phone is "loaded on the delivery vehicle" as I type! Crazy, one day shipping. Sadly this keeps me married to the front of the house today but better than the alternative. I'll have to see if I can find the live tracking.

<edit> MyChoice shows me a pickup location right down the street, so that is good for future reference. ETA is 11:15 - 1:15 so that's not bad.
<whew> It's here. He tossed it on the back deck, no signature. I actually opened it because the label said "returns" so I was afraid it was just a return box (despite Verizon instructing us NOT to select trade in>. The slip inside shows full price but my next bill estimate doesn't match that so I think we're good for now. I just have to deal with the return later this week now.
What? How?
Went away for a few days. Just checked my Verizon account and the mystery iPad is gone. So are ALL my discounts, the one on the phone included.

I feel like I should have started my own thread. ?
What. The. Actual. ****?

Next time!

Were you able to successfully setup the trade in?

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Weird.

Verizon has always told me their next bill estimate is never accurate it's an estimate.

Math is HARD.

I will take Apple Care every time. I rarely damage my iPhone but when I need it I have received a full device replacement for free and have only been given two refurbished replacements in 10 years. Those replacements ended up getting replaced with new devices (also for free) later on anyway.

Verizon is never going to replace your device with a new one, it will always be refurbished.

Verizon...

What? How?

What. The. Actual. ****?

Next time!

Were you able to successfully setup the trade in?
Hey! Thought I was gone, didn't you? ;) :p

Thanks for the input on AC.

No, I haven't called Verizon yet and we will hopefully do his phone tomorrow. I'll bring his phone back to the store, I got a physical receipt when I brought mine back.

I know they say credits may take a couple of months to show up, but I don't remember anyone saying they will disappear after you've seen them. :rolleyes:

Jonny Robinson

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Hey! Thought I was gone, didn't you? ;) :p

Thanks for the input on AC.

No, I haven't called Verizon yet and we will hopefully do his phone tomorrow. I'll bring his phone back to the store, I got a physical receipt when I brought mine back.

I know they say credits may take a couple of months to show up, but I don't remember anyone saying they will disappear after you've seen them. :rolleyes:
Of course not. I told you it's never that easy. If anyone would be gone, it's me. I had an awful week...

You're welcome.

Oh, okay.

I was contacted by Verizon on Tuesday, October 12 to confirm they had inspected my iPhone 12 Pro Max and confirmed the appraised value ($655) is accurate and I would receive a gift card within two weeks.

Verizon called me on Monday October 25 to inform me that they had concluded their "investigation" into my "lost" iPhone and asked if I would like to proceed with a claim which no doubt they'd already done... they just wanted to know if they'd need to pay me or not. I asked them to proceed...

So I might get my iPhone 12 Pro Max purchase refunded in full.

Ridiculousness!

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Anyone having issues on Verizon with the 13 pro disconnecting from the network? I am having to toggle the cellular connection every time an app says no connectivity even with 3-4 bars LTE.

Verizon store rep toggled 5g off completely and put data roaming on and said this is not an uncommon issue with the 12/13 in low 5g areas, but has not seemed to help.

Did full reset and restore of network settings.

Only other solution would be new sim or new phone. Did not have these issues with 11pm on Verizon.

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Anyone having issues on Verizon with the 13 pro disconnecting from the network? I am having to toggle the cellular connection every time an app says no connectivity even with 3-4 bars LTE.

Verizon store rep toggled 5g off completely and put data roaming on and said this is not an uncommon issue with the 12/13 in low 5g areas, but has not seemed to help.

Did full reset and restore of network settings.

Only other solution would be new sim or new phone. Did not have these issues with 11pm on Verizon.
No, but my galaxy fold 3 is doing the exact same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.