Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
So how many people still use their PSVR on a regular basis? I returned mine four weeks after I bought it at launch, and I have seen no reason to regret it. It's just so much of a hassle to use in my living room, and the games simply are not there for me. I was rightfully wary when Sony stopped calling them "games" and started calling them "experiences". :D

How are the Skyrim and Doom VR versions? Do they feature free movement, or 90 degree turning jumps like some other games?

The only reason I haveen't really used mine much is because of my new job.

Doom VR has either free movement or jumps - depending on your own preference.

My only dissappointment is what happened to Star Wars Battlefront VR games? Star Wars is one of the reasons I bought the psvr...

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Got me the Aim Controller a couple of weeks ago. This thing is so much fun, but I still keep getting sick when moving around too fast :-( Playing Arizona Sunshine with it, killing zombies is fun! :-D

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
I'm pretty tempted by PSVR. Feedback on the graphics/resolution has me a little worried—not that I've always had the best graphics as a primarily Nintendo gamer.

What do you guys think?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I'm pretty tempted by PSVR. Feedback on the graphics/resolution has me a little worried—not that I've always had the best graphics as a primarily Nintendo gamer.

What do you guys think?

Loved it more than I thought I would and jumped on the chance to get all my money back from a PS4 Slim purchase to upgrade to a PS4 Pro.

If you are worried of graphics/resolution, then a Pro is definitely the way to go - since the screens are just inches from your head...

Sammy80

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2015
I never got into my psvr. I think I had unrealistic expectations for what the experience was going to be like. I had no way to test one so I grabbed one on sale and a bunch of games. I was surprised on how limited my field of view was like scuba goggles and the resolution was not what I was expecting. My main issue though is the field of view and from what I have read all VR makers have this issue. Maybe I watch to much Star Trek. I also wish it had more aaa games. Beat saber,resident evil and moss where fun though. I really did try to like it more. My wife really enjoys it however.

Reactions: a2jack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.