Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2006
One more update...after removing it from the iCurve and running it on my desk for an hour, the temp still didn't get above 30 C. Most times it hovered around 24 C. I thought maybe the iCurve was the explanation for it running cooler but it stayed about the same on the desktop.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
St. Germain said:
One more update...after removing it from the iCurve and running it on my desk for an hour, the temp still didn't get above 30 C. Most times it hovered around 24 C. I thought maybe the iCurve was the explanation for it running cooler but it stayed about the same on the desktop.

Are you sure your temp sensors are working right? Mine is more than twice that. Given that they are the same components, that really doesn't seem possible.

erikamsterdam

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2006
amsterdam
Wow, that was the first time I heard the fans in my Macbook, when they blew at full speed during the install. Not loud at all, not compared to my old iBook that had the fan on all the time.
But now it's silent again. And seems to be cooler :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.