Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smckenzie

macrumors member
May 7, 2022
In case anyone is still interested in this:

Redshift Render benchmark:

6800XT Duo
6900XT x2

1m:29

6900XT x2
2m:17

6800XT Duo
3m:28

6800XT Duo
5700XT
2m:49

I did these benchmarks earlier in the year so times could have changed a bit.

According to the manual, the external power connections for pcie cards is disabled when an mpx module is installed, but that's not what I found. I have the duo in slot 1, then used slot 3 and 5 for the two other cards.

That being said, I prefer working with mpx modules as its quiet, the 6900's do make some noise. GPU temps get up into the 180f mark on the duo with or without the other two cards installed.

jcxstar13

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
La Crosse, WI
Can anyone test Lightroom on 2 4k+ displays to see if there is any lag in moving sliders in develop module or when browsing images or applying edits? I’ve got a pro Vega 2 and dual displays and loghtroom its god aweful. Adobe I think still see it as an eGPU.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Can anyone test Lightroom on 2 4k+ displays to see if there is any lag in moving sliders in develop module or when browsing images or applying edits? I’ve got a pro Vega 2 and dual displays and loghtroom its god aweful. Adobe I think still see it as an eGPU.
Yes there is awful lag. You gotta use Lightroom CC.

jcxstar13

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
La Crosse, WI
Yes there is awful lag. You gotta use Lightroom CC.
Damn. Really don’t want to switch to CC have way too much invested into classic and way too many images in my catalog.

I’ve read that supposedly the new studio and m2 ultra works fluidly. Gonna have to prolly drop some money to test for myself. Don’t really want to get rid of the 2019 Mac Pro but looking for like that’s the way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.