Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
No clickbait. The title says "Warranty Replacements." That is referring to individual parts that comprise the whole. In this case, the article is clearly stating that the customer is not to send the whole unit in for repair under warranty, unless the repair indues the ear cushions etc.
Oh no it's clickbait for sure. Anytime an article about Apple contains any amount of adversity such as (Apple's warranty replacements DON'T include....) that automatically ticks the anger box of the usual Apple haters that are constantly looking for negative articles about Apple. MR knows some people will react only to the news title and not bother to read the article. IMO I think some people refuse to read the article because they are afraid to see things aren't nearly as bad as the news title made it out to be. ?

Reactions: ericwn

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Oh no it's clickbait for sure. Anytime an article about Apple contains any amount of adversity such as (Apple's warranty replacements DON'T include....) that automatically ticks the anger box of the usual Apple haters that are constantly looking for negative articles about Apple. MR knows some people will react only to the news title and not bother to read the article. IMO I think some people refuse to read the article because they are afraid to see things aren't nearly as bad as the news title made it out to be.

Well said, the negative twist to the headline is what is supposed to catch attention. Writing positive headlines the other way around would probably provoke less clicks.

Reactions: Maconplasma

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don’t know if somebody used this example or not, however; It’s like the Apple Watch for example. When you send your Apple Watch in for repair/replacement, Apple doesn’t send you a new watch band with it, you keep your pre-existing watchband. So it’s the same concept here, it’s a non-issue and not a problem.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Oh here we go again with the "Just buy the Sony, they are better" nonsense.
While shouldn’t be brought in every thread. Many will find “the Sony” much better value for the asking price. Don’t see what’s nonsense about.

Reactions: PC_tech

fncd

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2020
This must just be for replacements that are mailed to the customer.

When I was at the Apple Store a week ago getting my iPhone 12 replaced, the person next to me was getting the AirPods Max replaced. The genius opened a brown shipping box, and inside was a brand new retail packaged set of AirPods Max. They opened them up, took the headphones out and did their exchange.

Edit: Should note that the person was saying something about the battery dying in a couple of hours.

Last edited:

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
Apple is known, reviled by some, for minding their bottom line.

It wasn't always like that. I had my 2011 MBP in the store for some warranty work and mentioned to the genius that the cable I had for my 1st generation iPad wasn't working. He asked to see the cable and then without even testing it opened a brand new cable off the shelf and handle me the new cable without the packaging in place of my broken cable.

That is customer service. And that is what Apple used to be like. I used to love Apple and buy multiple products every year. Now I reluctantly olerate them because at least they're better than MS and Google, but I buy maybe an iPhone every 3-5 years and a mac every 5-7 and it's never a really pleasant experience just something that needs to be done.

m2m2k

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2020
Click-bait headline. For me just looking at the headline it reads like Cushions are excluded from warranty which is clearly not the case. Of course these are not replaced if there is no problem with them. As other pointed out this is similar to not getting a replacement power supply when your macbook has an issue....

dwaltwhit

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
I see many people complaining about “clickbait headline”. Well. Sure. The headline is written in a way that makes you click on it. Macrumors is a business and has to make money. This comes from ad support. Ad dollars are dependent on number of clicks. If you like macrumors, support them by clicking on articles. If you don’t like macrumors, what are you doing here?

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
You are paying for the Brand Label.
There are no labels, icons, stickers (like those chrome flashy multicolored on almost all gamer laptops), numbers (like “20x MOAR POWAH”)... nothing that shines or points that it is an Apple product. Like, for real, no labels at all

Reactions: KeithBN

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
If you like macrumors, support them by clicking on articles.
One can also support them by becoming a member for $25.

Reactions: dwaltwhit
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.