Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I didn't see a thread like this so I am starting one. If I missed I will delete.

Downloaded and installed a few minutes ago on my Ultra. Definitely going to take some time to get used to the new button functionality. My first point of frustration is trying to figure out how to remove the "Tips" widgets which seem to be docked on the top of the list and the "-" minus button does nothing for these widgets/tips. Also shut off notifications under Tips from the phone app and it does nothing to remove these.

It's a beta, looking forward to getting used to it.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
My shortcuts won’t run from the watch but they run from the phone. Getting some kind of MPA assist domain error on the watch.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I didn't see a thread like this so I am starting one. If I missed I will delete.

Downloaded and installed a few minutes ago on my Ultra. Definitely going to take some time to get used to the new button functionality. My first point of frustration is trying to figure out how to remove the "Tips" widgets which seem to be docked on the top of the list and the "-" minus button does nothing for these widgets/tips. Also shut off notifications under Tips from the phone app and it does nothing to remove these.

It's a beta, looking forward to getting used to it.
Glad I'm not the only on not being able to remove the bloody Tips widget.

Nice they changed the grid app view to be scroll, rather than having to zoom, much easier to view apps.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I too was frustrated about not being able to remove the tips either, Grrrrrr

Other thing I’ve noticed is swiping between faces doesn’t work. You seem to have to long press to edit and then swipe across. Annoying.
Yeah also noticed that which is annoying. Also the 'night mode' watch face has to be chosen you obviously cannot change on the fly as the scroll is now used for widgets.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
On the Ultra, the new os, when using the wayfinder face, doesn't scroll to night mode since scroll wheel has been assigned to apps. Night mode seting in watch phone app now.

• Sad
Reactions: surfzen21

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
On the Ultra, the new os, when using the wayfinder face, doesn't scroll to night mode since scroll wheel has been assigned to apps. Night mode seting in watch phone app now.
I was wondering about this.

So now you can only select night mode from the phone? There isn't a way to do it directly from the watch?

If thats the case, that's really sad.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Thanks for the confirmation on the unremovable Tip Widgets. It's Beta 1, so not bitching, just wondering if I was the only one.

Yeah, so far so good enough as far as WatchOS 10 and iOS17 beta 1's.

Last edited:
Reactions: eboychik

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I was wondering about this.

So now you can only select night mode from the phone? There isn't a way to do it directly from the watch?

If thats the case, that's really sad.
Haven't found a way. I used the wheel often to turn it on/off. Seems like a swipe or tap would be in order now.

Reactions: zecanard

Jana_CZ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2019
While waiting for the public beta, may I ask - could anyone please check the Running workout configuration? In particular - when editing Pace alerts, is it still 10s steps (as in WatchOS 9) or is it now more granular? Thanks!

Reactions: Reggaenald

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Glad I'm not the only on not being able to remove the bloody Tips widget.
And for now, it seems to be stuck at the top of the list unfortunately. Also, is there any other way to reorder the list other than adding to the top (under tips) with the + sign?

Reactions: Mr. Awesome

active8

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
Does water mode work ok for swimming? I'm going on holiday and wondering whether to wait until I get back to update WatchOS.

Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: jezbd1997

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
And for now, it seems to be stuck at the top of the list unfortunately. Also, is there any other way to reorder the list other than adding to the top (under tips) with the + sign?
I have not found a way to reorder. I am thinking it is a smart list / sort and will adapt to my habits. Besides the annoying Tips pinned to the top (I have two of the same tip pinned), the list content and order has changed a few times for me already this morning.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Does water mode work ok for swimming? I'm going on holiday and wondering whether to wait until I get back to update WatchOS.

Thanks
I've only been on it for a few hours and there is no pool in my work office, lol! I'll hit my pool when I get home tonight and let you know. I updated it after I hit Lifetime or I would have dipped my arm in the pool for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.