Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nick.haley

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
London
Anyone know from experience when the greyed out / not clickable option of 'pick up in-store' becomes available on the Apple Store?

Midnight London time? Midnight California Time?

Stores are opening at 8am in London which of course is midnight there... so I'd have to queue and try and purchase online for pickup at once :rolleyes:

robbo747

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Anyone know from experience when the greyed out / not clickable option of 'pick up in-store' becomes available on the Apple Store?

Midnight London time? Midnight California Time?

Stores are opening at 8am in London which of course is midnight there... so I'd have to queue and try and purchase online for pickup at once :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in the answer to this question too.

CVC

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Southern California
I read (sorry, can't find where) that in store pick-up will be available starting Saturday. I'm hoping Best Buy or Target will have the option for launch day.

Edit: just checked the Apple Store app and it said that in-store pickup will be available on Friday the 16th.

Last edited:
Reactions: circatee

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
I read (sorry, can't find where) that in store pick-up will be available starting Saturday. I'm hoping Best Buy or Target will have the option for launch day.

Edit: just checked the Apple Store app and it said that in-store pickup will be available on Friday the 16th.
Hoping to grab one for pick up at my Apple Store. If not will order and wait:)

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
I asked an Apple advisor online and they couldn't tell me what time the system will allow to reserve for instore pickup. I suggested 6am but they said it could be earlier.

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
I spoke to an Apple salesperson on the phone. She said in the past the option has been available usually a "little while after" and that they typically keep stock for those who preordered first and walk-ins on launch day before they open it up for general pickup. Of course she also said "you never know this year." ... Per usual, Apple doesn't tell anyone anything so your best bet, if you really want one, is to check periodically beginning 12am PST tonight and in regular intervals thereafter.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
I spoke to an Apple salesperson on the phone. She said in the past the option has been available usually a "little while after" and that they typically keep stock for those who preordered first and walk-ins on launch day before they open it up for general pickup. Of course she also said "you never know this year." ... Per usual, Apple doesn't tell anyone anything so your best bet, if you really want one, is to check periodically beginning 12am PST tonight and in regular intervals thereafter.
That's interesting because I don't think you could pre-order a watch for in-store pickup last week.

Nick.haley

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
London
Nope ☹️
Set the alarm early then ... :groan: (but at least we get to line up some something RIGHT?) ... does remind me of that article that came out about Angela Ahrendts and how she wanted to get rid of that part of the "experience" ... I mean surely it won't be great if the stores have hardly anything :/

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
Lol so I got up early and went to the Omotesando store but staff let me know they didn't have any editions... so I hopped the train to ginza but same story there... headed to shibuya and same deal again. So I'm still in line here to get my wife a stainless then I'm gonna head to the watch-only store in shinjuku just in case. Prolly gonna end up having to mail order and have my father in law bring the edition to the states for me

Nick.haley

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
London
Lol so I got up early and went to the Omotesando store but staff let me know they didn't have any editions... so I hopped the train to ginza but same story there... headed to shibuya and same deal again. So I'm still in line here to get my wife a stainless then I'm gonna head to the watch-only store in shinjuku just in case. Prolly gonna end up having to mail order and have my father in law bring the edition to the states for me

Ok, woah. Worrisome! So if you get a chance to go to the watch-only store that would be so great if they do have Editions, because that hopefully would point to there being Editions in London's/ watch-only store; Selfridges ... but again who knows

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
I'm not getting my hopes up but I'll update either way. I ordered one for delivery in the US but we really want the suica enabled watches since we come to Japan so often

Reactions: Nick.haley

Nick.haley

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
London
I'm not getting my hopes up but I'll update either way. I ordered one for delivery in the US but we really want the suica enabled watches since we come to Japan so often
Awesome. Thank you. Yeah have any or if they had any. But I hope you're lucky!

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Awesome. Thank you. Yeah have any or if they had any. But I hope you're lucky!

Here in the US they removed the available for pickup starting Friday the 16th and replaced it with not available for pick up. Don't know if that is in preparation for going available or if it's just going to be not available for awhile.

rdavis41

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009
Similar to the iPad Pro 12.9" launch. They took down available for pickup the night before and then that morning I was able to order for pickup. I'm betting it's available for pickup tomorrow. It would make sense because it mean less congestion with all the iPhone pickups.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
Watch only store has them on display but won't let me in lol. I have a reservation to come back this evening and try it out. But they don't appear to have any stock either.

Carac

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Similar to the iPad Pro 12.9" launch. They took down available for pickup the night before and then that morning I was able to order for pickup. I'm betting it's available for pickup tomorrow. It would make sense because it mean less congestion with all the iPhone pickups.

That happened for the iPhone 6 and other times as well. The "will be available for pickup" is always a placeholder until the day before when it becomes "unavilable" until near the time the physical store opens in the morning when stock has been logged into the system.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.