Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
Pretty ***** ridiculous to be 10 feet away and not be allowed to just see the thing for 2 minutes.

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
I think that an item with a 3-5 week backlog for EVERY model of the Series 2 is most likely going to have VERY limited, if any, stock available, and I'd have an even harder time believing that someone could arrange for in-store pickup if there's any kind of substantial line outside that location. Maybe availability will be site-based after seeing demand but I just can't imagine there will be much available Day 1 for in-store pickup. Just my opinion.

Carac

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
I think that an item with a 3-5 week backlog for EVERY model of the Series 2 is most likely going to have VERY limited, if any, stock available, and I'd have an even harder time believing that someone could arrange for in-store pickup if there's any kind of substantial line outside that location. Maybe availability will be site-based after seeing demand but I just can't imagine there will be much available Day 1 for in-store pickup. Just my opinion.

Depending on stock getting a Ceramic in store might be a tossup just due to how expensive they are and how limited the demand might be. On the flip-side, you probably have a decent number of sport watches by comparison but at a higher demand due to the lower price. And they always hold back stock from the online store to have in-store pickup available, the one exception was the original watch where it was so backordered that they had to save face by using that stock to fulfill online orders. The outrage is non-existent this year so they're spreading stock to stores. I'm sure someone will be able to walk in and buy a 256GB Jet Black at the beginning of the day, maybe not that many people, but at least a few. Similarly, I would be willing to bet there will be a few hundred aluminum and steel watches in stores and at least 10-20 (possibly more) Ceramics available (at a price even with a new MacBook, they won't fly off the shelves like sport watches. They extremely streamlined the lineup this year.

And again, who knows, all my conjecture could be totally wrong.

superstrikertwo

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2008
California
Just got off the phone with my local store and they said they will have some but can't disclose how many as they don't even know yet. So wouldn't hurt to be there early!

BLuRRnAWAY

macrumors member
May 8, 2014
Im waking up at 5:00am, driving to the apple store and check the availability on my phone constantly until they open their doors. Crazy? yes, however I am buying into the hype, and want my damn watch thats backordered!

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
I originally wanted a Ceramic but don't think I want that anymore. I'm just hoping for a SB SS w/ Link Bracelet. Gonna go early enough to be there for opening. Really hope I'm lucky on this one!

Just got off the phone with my local store and they said they will have some but can't disclose how many as they don't even know yet. So wouldn't hurt to be there early!
Did they say whether there would be some for online order for in-store pickup? I'd prefer to use PayPal to buy it but don't think they take it in the store.

Carac

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
I originally wanted a Ceramic but don't think I want that anymore. I'm just hoping for a SB SS w/ Link Bracelet. Gonna go early enough to be there for opening. Really hope I'm lucky on this one!

Putting my series 1 SB SS w/ Link on ebay as soon as I get the Ceramic. Almost 18 months later and not scratches or dents, they're saying the Ceramic is 4x harder, so it will last until they come out with a Black Ceramic when I'll sell the white ><

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Putting my series 1 SB SS w/ Link on ebay as soon as I get the Ceramic. Almost 18 months later and not scratches or dents, they're saying the Ceramic is 4x harder, so it will last until they come out with a Black Ceramic when I'll sell the white ><
Nice! I really liked the idea but to me it looks too much like the sport watches. My v1 was a SS w/ sport band and the SS really set it apart from the aluminum ones IMO. I'm also looking to finally go link band (I was gonna get one for my SS right before they announced Series 2).

I'm still reserving judgment for tomorrow when I go to the store but I'm leaning very heavily towards the SBSS

Nick.haley

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
London
Well now i have to pick. 6am UK time. Covent Garden, the biggest store in Europe or a special Watch store in Selfridges.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Damn annoying that all yesterday and until middle of the night uk store said 'available for pick from selected locations from 16/9' then it changes to 'pick up is unavailable'.

Nick.haley

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
London
A lady at Covent Garden described the Watch stock as "healthy. No actual iPhones in store." No clear if she meant for walk ins or if you had a reservation you were already assigned some stock.

Reactions: robbo747

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
A lady at Covent Garden described the Watch stock as "healthy. No actual iPhones in store." No clear if she meant for walk ins or if you had a reservation you were already assigned some stock.

At Covent Garden now, picked up phone on minutes (8.00 pick up slot) & got an S2 42mm SS white SB. Looking over the guy'a shoulder at the stock checker they seemed to have stock of most models that were expected today.

No Hermès though.

robbo747

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
I was able to pick up a S2 Space Black 42mm with Sport Band in Birmingham when picking up my ready to collect iPhones :)

robbo747

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Sorry guys. I saw the stock levels on their terminals and showed a few with green ticks.

I had a 08:00-08:15 pick up window for my iphones so just piggybacked and asked a few questions and asked them to check for me at the same time. ;)

Nick.haley

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
London
IMG_7087.jpg

Reactions: GlobeZ and Phil A.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.