Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
IMG_7087.jpg

The ceramic does look stunning!

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
Manchester Arndale had basically nothing. 38mm silver stainless steel, 42mm rose gold/midnight blue and space black SS 42mm was about it, and even those were limited. The guy said the rest must've been reserved, even though I told him that there was absolutely no option to pick up the S2 in store! I've got my eye on the reserve and pick up option (https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/watch/availability) which is just saying it's unavailable.

N1nJar

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Bought an s2 from the Covent Garden store earlier (gold sport 38mm). They seemed to have plenty of stock.

BLuRRnAWAY

macrumors member
May 8, 2014
Just walked out with 42mm space gray series 2. They had very limited stock and sold out of rose gold. 8 was the 25th customer. About 100 people behind me.

Carac

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Don't know if it means anything but the store page for the Ceramic just went from only showing the box icon with "Ships: 5-7 weeks Free Shipping" to Showing the Pickup Symbol and "Pickup: Apple Store Pickup is currently unavailable" so in-store pickup might be coming back tomorrow for the Watch as it is for the Phone.

BLuRRnAWAY

macrumors member
May 8, 2014
My store had unavailable for pickup, I went there this morning and got mine! I think They're doing that because quantities are very limited.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
My store was sold out of the large one from opening. Said they didn't receive any

dolphindolphin

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
New York
So not much demand and not much stock. Good inventory matching.

It went up to about 10 ppl in line for the watch before the store opened. I think they had > 20 watches in stock, so yeah not a bad job by their supply chain team (if the supply really is this constrained).

anuheakane

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
First pre-order SS SB Sport 42mm on 9/9. Shipping date was 10/11-24.
Then I pre-ordered SS SB Milanese 42mm through Best Buy. 9/16 got delayed to 9/28.
After seeing a local news footage from Apple Store (the line wasn't bad at all), I headed to Apple Store Ala Moana...figured I'll see what they actually have in store before work.

Got there about 7:50. Standing in the line, I was asked a couple of times what I'm getting today. Before 8am an employee told me he can't tell me what they have in stock yet but I should be fine. After 8am another employee told me said I should stay in the line. A moment and a free drink (yay) later the same employee pulled me out of the line to go ahead and enter the store.

She took me to another employee inside the store. There was another line inside the store, which I assume for iPhone purchase/upgrade. SS SB 42mm Sport was out. But SS 42mm SB Milanese was in stock:cool:

Total time: 25 min.

Now, what was the point of pre-orders?o_O (I've cancelled both as soon as I got back to my car.)

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I was able to get a 42mm space gray sport, series 2, this morning during my iPhone appointment time. North Park Center in Dallas.

superstrikertwo

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2008
California
Anyway to check online to see what Apple stores have in stock? I keep seeing the iPhone reservation link passed around curious if theres one for Apple Watch. Every time I call a store they say they have some but direct me online to see what exactly the have in stock which seems to be disabled for now.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Southlake store in DFW only had series 1 and 38mm. Said they didn't get any 42mm at all.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
All Tokyo stores told me yesterday before opening that they didn't have any ceramic watches - today visited watch only store with no luck then went to Ginza where the girl told me they DID have them and still have one left that she put my name on supposedly - just waiting to get through the queue to buy...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.