Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Yeah the haptics dont seem to trigger when bluetooth headphones are connected. I've opened a support ticket with apple to see if this is intended behaviour or if there is anything else I need to do. I did find another developer asking the same question online and someone gave this answer:

The behavior documented in the question is the the way its supposed to be, according to Apple. The given reason is because of the delay between the haptic tap and the haptic audio when using bluetooth headphones. I'm hoping this behavior changes in the future...

Does seem strange. Hopefully the audio queues are enough but I guess it would be nice to have haptics too.

I'll have a think about adding the warmup and cool down walks within the app in possibly a skiable way. Once the warmup walk was done would you want to manually press a button to start the first run or just go straight into it?

Thanks everyone for the great feedback so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhoDatWayne

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah the haptics dont seem to trigger when bluetooth headphones are connected. I've opened a support ticket with apple to see if this is intended behaviour or if there is anything else I need to do. I did find another developer asking the same question online and someone gave this answer:

Does seem strange. Hopefully the audio queues are enough but I guess it would be nice to have haptics too.

I'll have a think about adding the warmup and cool down walks within the app in possibly a skiable way. Once the warmup walk was done would you want to manually press a button to start the first run or just go straight into it?

The app I've been using (Running for Weight Loss) has it go automatically warmup walk--interval run--cool down walk.

Reactions: bencallis

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan

Thanks for the info and yes it does seem strange but not a deal breaker.

I would prefer an automatic transition like DoubleFlyaway mentioned.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I've just pushed an update that includes the halfway prompt :)
This version is a release candidate for the store. Let me know if you see any issues.

Warmup/Cool-down will take more thought but it is likely to come in the future.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
I've just pushed an update that includes the halfway prompt :)
This version is a release candidate for the store. Let me know if you see any issues.

Warmup/Cool-down will take more thought but it is likely to come in the future.
Nice! Does the update download automatically or do we have to download it?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Took the app for a spin yesterday with my girlfriend;

Stuff we like
  • the little guy walking/running with "walk or run" above his head. Makes it easy to see what you're supposed to do. Since we talk during the run we sometimes miss out on a change.
  • The small progress bars that show you where you're at in the total workout.
  • The info shown during the run
  • The trophy when you've completed the run
Stuff that can be improved
  • Typo: when you scroll all the way down in the list of runs, there's a button "Help & TIps". Should be "Help & Tips" obviously.
  • I'm colorblind, so I'd love to make the small progress bars yellow & blue for example.
  • As stated above: include the warm-up/cool-down
Overall rating in its current state: 7 out of 10.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Nice! Does the update download automatically or do we have to download it?

You should see the update in TestFlight. I think it may require a manual update.

Took the app for a spin yesterday with my girlfriend;

Stuff we like
  • the little guy walking/running with "walk or run" above his head. Makes it easy to see what you're supposed to do. Since we talk during the run we sometimes miss out on a change.
  • The small progress bars that show you where you're at in the total workout.
  • The info shown during the run
  • The trophy when you've completed the run
Stuff that can be improved
  • Typo: when you scroll all the way down in the list of runs, there's a button "Help & TIps". Should be "Help & Tips" obviously.
  • I'm colorblind, so I'd love to make the small progress bars yellow & blue for example.
  • As stated above: include the warm-up/cool-down
Overall rating in its current state: 7 out of 10.

Excellent feedback. Thanks very much.

I'll get the typo sorted (good spot) and look into changing the colours.

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
I know I’m late spotting this but I’ve been looking for a C25K app that will work on the watch as I’d love to start running. The official one only working with the phone is annoying as I bought a LTE watch so that I don’t have to take my phone out.
If you need any more testers I’d be interested in helping out.

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I'm in the beta but want to support you since I like the app. If I buy the app, can I still help testing new features in the beta?

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I'm in the beta but want to support you since I like the app. If I buy the app, can I still help testing new features in the beta?

Yeah that should be possible. You should be able to install future betas over the current App Store version.

Reactions: BlankStar

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
Just finished week 1 with the app and am finding it to be exactly what I was looking for.
Well done on creating something that had been missing in the watch App Store.
Just a shame that I’m so unfit I’ll have to complete week 1 a second time as I can’t make it the full session without having to stop and rest ?

Reactions: DoubleFlyaway

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Just finished week 1 with the app and am finding it to be exactly what I was looking for.
Well done on creating something that had been missing in the watch App Store.
Just a shame that I’m so unfit I’ll have to complete week 1 a second time as I can’t make it the full session without having to stop and rest ?

Thanks for the feedback! I hope the running is going well. What week are you on now?

Thoradin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2020
Yorkshire, England
Thanks for the feedback! I hope the running is going well. What week are you on now?
Haha not as far along as I’d like to be if I’m honest. In total I’ve done 8 seasons of week one to get to a point where I felt comfortable, with a few more rest days between. Just completed week 2 day 1 this morning and I’m feeling quite good about it.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Haha not as far along as I’d like to be if I’m honest. In total I’ve done 8 seasons of week one to get to a point where I felt comfortable, with a few more rest days between. Just completed week 2 day 1 this morning and I’m feeling quite good about it.

That's great to hear! Keep at its and you will be amazed at how quickly you can build up your fitness.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I have just shipped a new update which fixes a couple of bugs and gives a few varied hints at the end of your runs.

How is everyone getting one with the program?

Fhotofaerie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2020
Ca
I was late to testing it (because of health issues) but I’ve really been loving it! Along with some others, I’d love to see the warmup and cool down included. Right now I just start and end with an outdoor walk from the watches integrated system. Would be awesome to have it in one workout instead of three.

I’m surprised to see how many minutes I run during each workout, the spacing in between walking really helps get an old tired sick body back into shape.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I was late to testing it (because of health issues) but I’ve really been loving it! Along with some others, I’d love to see the warmup and cool down included. Right now I just start and end with an outdoor walk from the watches integrated system. Would be awesome to have it in one workout instead of three.

I’m surprised to see how many minutes I run during each workout, the spacing in between walking really helps get an old tired sick body back into shape.

It really does add up quick and gives you a great sense of achievement. I hope you health is OK :) Good luck with the running.
[automerge]1599395045[/automerge]
Hey Ben, thanks for putting out an update.
I may not notice any difference until next week as tomorrow is the dreaded week 5 day 3! But things are going great so far.

I remember being scared of that session too. It was surprisingly doable and I felt amazing after being able to complete it. I'm sure you will smash it!

Dave.Inwood1988

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2019
Hi Ben,

I’ve sent you a PM regarding the app - I did try the email on the App Store but it bounced back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.