Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I'd love a code to try this. I've been using the old Get Running app to build up my C25K process but that means running whilst holding my iphone which isn't ideal.
It's much nicer just taking out your Apple Watch. I've sent you a code.

I’d love a code. Looks like a great app to help me get back into running. Thanks!
I've sent you a code. Good luck with getting back into running.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I lIke the design and clear layout of information. So much easier to read than Apple’s stock apps.

I’d love a code and give this a try. Thanks.

Reactions: bencallis

DJP1

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2022
Love this app. Thanks to the app I now run 5K several times a week can you make an app for 10K as well? :)

meson

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2014
I need to start running again. This app looks very promising. I’ve used the C25k interval training before and it works incredibly well, but the option to leave the phone at home is great!

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I lIke the design and clear layout of information. So much easier to read than Apple’s stock apps.

I’d love a code and give this a try. Thanks.
Thank you! I've sent you a promo code.

I need to start running again. This app looks very promising. I’ve used the C25k interval training before and it works incredibly well, but the option to leave the phone at home is great!
Good luck with the running! I've sent you a code :)

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Love this app. Thanks to the app I now run 5K several times a week can you make an app for 10K as well? :)

A few users have asked for this so it's something I may consider in the future.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I've just shipped an update that improves the layout of the run screen on 41mm and 45mm devices.
It also adds heart rate graphs to the iPhone companion app.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I'm currently in the process of updating the app to build with the latest versions of WatchOS and iOS and would benefit from a few more beta testers if anyone is interested?

Joining the beta is entirely free and gives you access to the full app (including early access to features before they hit the store). Your feedback on the betas will allow me to iron out any bugs before releasing updates to the app. If you are interested please let me know and I will send you the details on how to access the beta.

All you need is an Apple Watch (S3+) , an iPhone running iOS 15+ and be willing to give running ago!

Imnotsamiam

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2022
If you’re looking for additional newbie to beta test, I’d love to give a try. Would be from brisk walking to 5k, but still some extra pounds to simulate from couch to 5k.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Thanks everyone. I've sent out the beta invite instructions to you all.

I went ahead and bought it and look forward to getting healthier!
Thanks very much! Good luck with the running and getting healthier!

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
Thanks everyone. I've sent out the beta invite instructions to you all.

Thanks very much! Good luck with the running and getting healthier!
Yeah, not ready for the running part yet lol. Prolly a few weeks of walking will have to come first. I'm in bad shape right now. I'll get there thought. Once I'm using the app properly, I'll post udpates.

pixelements

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
Germany
Hi, I've got my new Apple Watch ultra today - I've bought the watch to get back to training (also running). Would you mind sending me an invitation code? Would love to test your app! Thanks in advance and best regards from Germany.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I’m afraid there are no more codes available. I plans to release an update in the new year which adds some extra UI polish and confetti into the phone app.

Congratulations to everyone who has completed the plan this year! I hope you are all having a great festive break 🎅

Reactions: WhoDatWayne

rmcq

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Oh yes I used this app lots a year ago until I stuffed my knee.

one thing that annoyed me was the cooldown period didn’t show my heart rate. Not sure if that’s been added in the last 12 months…

Also, the audio ducking was faulty, can’t remember the specific issue. Maybe the audio volume didn’t return to podcasts after?

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
3.5 has just shipped to the store.

This adds the following 3 features:

VIEW UPCOMING RUNS IN THE IPHONE COMPANION APP

You can now easily view the details of your upcoming runs in the iPhone companion app.

upcoming run poster image.png

CELEBRATE YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS WITH A SPRINKLE OF CONFETTI​

Celebrate your achievements with a blast of digital confetti. This fun addition can now be found on the achievement screens in the iPhone companion app.

confettit poster image.png

SAVE RUN/ACHIEVEMENT IMAGES​

Run and Achievement images can now be saved to your photo library via the share screen.

IMG_5959.jpg

More details and videos of the features can be seen here: https://watchto5k.com/blog/watch-to-5k-version-3-5-available-now/

In the next release I plan to revamp the warmup and cooldown screens in the watch app to include now playing controls and heart rate.

paul.p

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2012
Tulsa, OK
I would like to help test..seems interesting

Edit: nevermind just seen your text saying no more codes available..

Last edited:

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I've been busy with developing version 3.6 of the app and I'm seeking fresh beta testers.

Version 3.6 includes a renovated warmup and cooldown screen that allows you to view your heart rate, access music controls, and pause/resume your workout.

Please let me know if you're interested in beta testing the app. All you need is an Apple Watch running WatchOS8+ and be willing to give running a go!

Attachments

• Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-02-26 at 12.18.49.png
    Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-02-26 at 12.18.49.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-02-26 at 12.18.06.png
    Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-02-26 at 12.18.06.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-02-26 at 12.18.10.png
    Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-02-26 at 12.18.10.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-02-26 at 12.18.14.png
    Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-02-26 at 12.18.14.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 50

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I would like to help test..seems interesting

Edit: nevermind just seen your text saying no more codes available..
Thanks to everyone who has PMd me so far to join the beta. There a still more available spaces.

@paul.p please get in touch if you would like to join.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Version 3.6 of Watch to 5K has just been released to the store. Here’s what you can expect from our latest update:

HEART RATE MONITORING DURING THE WARMUP AND COOLDOWN​

Screen-4.png

View your heart rate during the warmup and cooldown segments, allowing you to keep track of your heart rate and recovery.

MUSIC CONTROLS DURING WARMUP AND COOLDOWN​

Control your music without exiting the app during the warmup and cooldown period. You can change tracks, adjust volume, and stay in the zone without any interruptions.

ABILITY TO PAUSE WARMUP AND COOLDOWN​

You can now pause the warmup and cooldown segments, providing you with the flexibility to take a quick break if something unexpected comes up.

NEW RUNNING AND WALKING ANIMATION​

Screen-1.png

The Watch app now features a new running and walking animation, inspired by the illustrations on our phone companion app. This playful animation not only adds an element of fun to your run but also helps to create a more cohesive experience between the watch and phone app.

For the next version I'm busy working on some improvements to the run details for indoor runs and also making the sharing experience more customisable.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I've been busy re-writing large parts of the app in SwiftUI so the app can fully support the Always on Display. As this is a fairly substantial re-write I'm looking to do a fairly extensive round of beta testing.

If anyone is interested in beta testing the app please let me know. The beta will be available free of charge by TestFlight.

jfim88

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Spain
I've been busy re-writing large parts of the app in SwiftUI so the app can fully support the Always on Display. As this is a fairly substantial re-write I'm looking to do a fairly extensive round of beta testing.

If anyone is interested in beta testing the app please let me know. The beta will be available free of charge by TestFlight.

I sent you a PM.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Thanks for your interest. The beta is approved and I've sent you an invite. If anyone else is interested please let me know either here or via PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.