Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
1573286255806.png

• Love
Reactions: LizKat and mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
This is such an inspirational song that REALLY needs to be an American classic: Don't Stop Believing, by Journey.

The "journey" made by Arnel Pineda from rags to riches is phenomenal.

Great Band - so many great albulms - saw them twice in Calgary in the early eighties

Very cool that Arnel Pineda helped bring them back into the "limelight"

Nice videos 👍

Great Band - so many great albulms - saw them twice in Calgary in the early eighties

Very cool that Arnel Pineda helped bring them back into the "limelight"

Nice videos 👍
Thanks. Yeah, Arnel is something else. It's really fascinating how he rose from the streets of the Philippines to a mega star! And he has gone back to his home "area" and donated funds for the folks there.

By the way, here is a YouTube video of a Steve Perry - Arnel Pineda duet of Don't Stop Believing:

The first time I viewed it (a couple of weeks ago), I was truly amazed how their voices are just about the same. And because of that, the other folks in the band pushed to "hire" Arnel. Definitely a wise decision!
Again, that song needs to be a classic!

Reactions: hawkeye_a and mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
You Can Close Your Eyes - James Taylor / Carly Simon - Martha's Vineyard in 1977 - Classic

I prefer the orginal version on the album - Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon - but WOW - this is a very cool version of James and Carly 🥰

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Les McCann & Eddie Harris - Live at Montreux Jazz Festival

omg haven't listened to that for so long... Compared to What is especially so fine. Rounded it up on Apple Music and it's in my living room right now, thank you! Back in the day I had it on vinyl, that's long gone though, not sure if a bro stole it or a cat destroyed it making a ten-point landing on it sometime when it got left out of the sleeve.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Death Stranding Original Score by Ludvig Forssell. Talk about atmospheric!

LOL I'm not a gamer so I had no clue this was a video game. A nextgen relative who is a gamer had sent me a link to the soundtrack earlier today. I figured it was a movie and figured ok later for that... but I just now fished it off Apple Music... while looking over the tracklist as it was downloading (I have DSL so it's relatively slow), I suddenly focused on the fine print near top of the page...

Death Stranding is yah the soundtrack of a game?!.jpg
It's pretty interesting. My experience with videogames runs to stuff where one is better off leaving the "soundtrack" options set to Off. I'm not inclined to expand my videogaming but this music is intriguing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.