Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
How 1990’s of you! I like them both. Like most music depends on the mood.

Well, let's just say that I am ever so slightly nostalgic for a time when the most bitter ideological debate you participated in (a time when musical choices actually mattered in defining your identity!) was about whether you preferred Blur or Oasis.

Last edited:

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
1573543689930.png

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A few minutes ago I was getting scrolling / spinning light blue bars when moving from forum to forum or post to post.

So, it is not only me, then.

I reported this spinning in the SFF (Site & Forum Feedback) section of the forum.

But, back on topic: Really delighted to see Jethro Tull referenced: I love their music, and love that type of music.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Judy Collins, Wildflower album. Had her In My Life one on earlier, a bit too dark for what I happened to want at the moment. I like the tracks off that one like Dress Rehearsal Rag when I'm reading the politics sections of the papers lol... Tonight more in the mood for tracks like Since You Asked.

album art Judy Collins Wildflower.jpg

Reactions: anika200

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Well, let's just say that I am ever so slightly nostalgic for a time when the most bitter ideological debate you participated in (a time when musical choices actually mattered in defining your identity!) was about whether you preferred Blur or Oasis.

Well I must say that I liked Oasis until around the time the disputes between the Gallaghers seemed to become such a big part of their whole thing. Perhaps unfair since the media are never averse to helping amp up stuff like that. But the band members were drifiting in and out, the music was different and not always in a good way or so it seemed to me.

I had acquired tracks of maybe four Oasis albums and was still trying to catch up with so many years of primary focus on classical music. So I felt I had little time to sit down and analyze what made me really like some of Oasis' music to begin with. The Noel-Liam brawls annoyed me; I moved on past them and Blur too without half knowing their stuff either.

"So much music, so little time..."

Hah, I used to say that before I ever dropped money on an early Bob Dylan song.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Frankie Valli - Oh What a Night
Fabulous singer! I distinctly remember when their first BIG (and HUGE) hit, "Sherry" came out. The radio stations would play it at least TWICE during each announcer's show:

Incredibly, that video is from 2016!

The other fabulous hit was "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You":

And of course that song was featured in the movie "Conspiracy Theory":

Reactions: hawkeye_a
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.