Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
The Police - Outlandos d'Amour (Remastered)

1573728710605.png

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Really, really miss him, and I regret never seeing him in a concert.
John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Road
This is probably one of the earliest songs I remember hearing, if not by Denver, by my mum singing it around the house. T'was a staple at family bbqs too.

It's disappointing when I see people of my generation or younger, who have never heard of him or his music.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Road
This is probably one of the earliest songs I remember hearing, if not by Denver, by my mum singing it around the house. T'was a staple at family bbqs too.

It's disappointing when I see people of my generation or younger, who have never heard of him or his music.

Reactions: hawkeye_a

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
NIИ - Further Down the Spiral

This album is certainly an audio enthusiast type of album. Especially if you have a respectable setup. Good cans, amp, and DAC as well as a quality recording.

Screenshot_2019-11-15 nin further down the spiral at DuckDuckGo.png

Reactions: Mefisto
They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and thus, thank you for the reminder: With that in mind, I am also listening to The Eagles, but instead, to their wonderful song Hotel California.
One of the best groups ever! I was a real dummy in 2004. I went to a fabulous Fleetwood Mac concert at the White River Amphitheatre in the latter part of June 2004. It featured Stevie Nicks, and boy can she perform! In any event, the Eagles were scheduled to appear there about 6 or 7 weeks later, in August 2004. But the idiot I am, I did not purchase tickets, and I really regret it.

Yes, Hotel California is a fabulous song, but two of my favorites are:

1. Lyin' Eyes:

2. Peaceful Easy Feeling:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Some synthwave at the moment.

Screenshot_2019-11-15 the astral stereo project anti hero ii at DuckDuckGo.png

And a screenshot of the playlist, since I love how this looks with the wallpaper I just added. Goes well with the synthwave scene.

Screenshot_2019-11-15_19-08-36.png

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
John Lennon - Walls and Bridges (1974)

View attachment 877464

My brother and I had that album at one stage during our schooldays in the mid & late 70s (we had all the Beatles albums, and quite a few from both Lennon and McCartney when they were recording independently in the early to mid 1970s).

An interesting but very uneven album; while McCartney needed Lennon to tone down his tendency towards sentimentality - and an occasional overdose of something resembling the saccharine in a musical context, - albums such as this made me realise that Lennon needed McCartney every bit as much, if only to smooth out some of the rough edges of some of his music, and persuade him to focus more on melody.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Riced my setup a little more today with auto background and auto theming. Found a cool Tool Lateralus image to use in the background and form the theme.

Tool
Lateralus
Screenshot_2019-11-16_14-01-49.png

Reactions: Mefisto
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.