Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Middle Fingers to Record Companies
Metal Machine Music/Lou Reed
Everybody's Rockin'/Neil Young
The King/Teenage Fanclub
Complete Control/The Clash (7")
Only A Northern Song/The Beatles (album track)

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Middle Fingers to Record Companies
Metal Machine Music/Lou Reed
Everybody's Rockin'/Neil Young
The King/Teenage Fanclub
Complete Control/The Clash (7")
Only A Northern Song/The Beatles (album track)

Throw in I can't Go For That (No Can Do). Hall and Oates.

BL.

Reactions: KaliYoni

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
My daughter has started listening to music from my childhood now. She has been singing Michael Jackson's Billie Jean all day.😓 When I was a kid, the official lyrics was "the child is not my son" but now they rewrote it as "the kid is not my son."

I argued with her that the official lyrics was child not kid. To settle things, we fired up YouTube to listen to the original. As a youngster, I always heard "the chair is not my son." My hearing must be acting up again because this time around, I heard "the cheetah mugged my son."😲 Now my daughter is mad I ruined the song for her.😕 She'll hear "the cheetah mugged my son" from now on.😂

I'm going to listen with in a dark room now so I can hear the lyrics all wrong.🙃🙃 I sing what I hear.🤪 Michael Jackson did a poor job enunciating in that song.🤭

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
KatieMelua.png

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Madeline Peyroux; listen to Half the Perfect World album; Covers of two Anjani Thomas / Leonard Cohen songs and a Tom Waits cover on the same album, done in jazz. Freaking amazing.

Also:
and

(Sorry for the absurd amount of whitespace. I'm not doing that; the forum software is, as far as I can tell.)
Not only am I unable to open your links, I don't even know (as you have not described it) what (music) these non-operational links are actually meant to be.

panjandrum

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
United States
Not only am I unable to open your links, I don't even know (as you have not described it) what (music) these non-operational links are actually meant to be.

Weird. Definitely working on my end (MacOS+Brave). To double-check I just tested in a different browser (MacOS+Safari) and then a different computer (Win10+Brave). No problems on any of them so I don't know what to recommend. Are Spotify links to entire albums, rather than youtube links to specific songs, as I typically do 'entire album' style listening. But these don't need Spotify to work; they should just play for you inline. (Could you have an add-blocker that considers these Spotify links ads? I use Brave with blocking on, and that's working fine, but if these links are blocked for you that would explain it and every blocker behaves differently.)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Weird. Definitely working on my end (MacOS+Brave). To double-check I just tested in a different browser (MacOS+Safari) and then a different computer (Win10+Brave). No problems on any of them so I don't know what to recommend. Are Spotify links to entire albums, rather than youtube links to specific songs, as I typically do 'entire album' style listening. But these don't need Spotify to work; they should just play for you inline. (Could you have an add-blocker that considers these Spotify links ads? I use Brave with blocking on, and that's working fine, but if these links are blocked for you that would explain it and every blocker behaves differently.)
Yes, (of course) I use an ad-blocker.

And I have no intention of disabling it.

However, rather than simply post links, (and I will add here, that I will never click on a link that doesn't also include, or have a description which describes what it is all about), perhaps you - and others - could also additionally add, or write, the names of the artists (and their songs, or tracks, or tunes) when posting a link in this thread.

Links by themselves don't tell that much.

Reactions: Allyance

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Yes, (of course) I use an ad-blocker.

And I have no intention of disabling it.

However, rather than simply post links, (and I will add here, that I will never click on a link that doesn't also include, or have a description which describes what it is all about), perhaps you - and others - could also additionally add, or write, the names of the artists (and their songs, or tracks, or tunes) when posting a link in this thread.

Links by themselves don't tell that much.
Hmmp.

I clicked the little "play" button in the lower corner and it worked fine for me... it's only a sample though... but that's enough to get the vibe.

Reactions: Don Quixote
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.