Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Not really, it it’s not a bad chair. I was allowed to keep it when leaving a job.

I’d like a longer desk now and to replace this chair. I was just fine until about a week ago. :(

I hope this is a temporary phase.
I'll make it easier for you. Click this link and then press ORDER. Screenshot from 2019-06-29 08-36-40.png

https://www.amazon.com/VARIDESK-Electric-Reclaimed-3-Button-Settings/dp/B07CTRFRN3

Varidesk.png

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
If you spend a lot of time at a computer, a good desk chair is an excellent investment. (Not least for your back).

I spend a lot of time at the office. I prefer to work there rather than at home. But each passing winter is changing everything. I’m thinking to remote in at the sight of the first snowflake and not leave home until May.
[doublepost=1561811765][/doublepost]

Where’s the down vote button? Where’s the down vote button? :mad:

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
The new iPad Pro.

I keep waffling on 12.9 vs 11 and also waiting to see if a new one is on the horizon in 3-6 months or so. I am intrigued by iOS 13 and excited to get one again.

Not sure I really need it though with my MBP which works great.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Building a desktop because it is less of a risky hassle than upgrading NVMe and especially RAM on my laptop.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I spend a lot of time at the office. I prefer to work there rather than at home. But each passing winter is changing everything. I’m thinking to remote in at the sight of the first snowflake and not leave home until May.
[doublepost=1561811765][/doublepost]

Where’s the down vote button? Where’s the down vote button? :mad:

Well, when I am home, I spend a lot of time in my office/study, and it seemed to me to make an awful lot of sense to invest in a seriously good chair. Your back will thank you.

Any time I return home, after a few months abroad, I am always freshly amazed at just how well designed and comfortable this chair is; my lower back is fully supported, as are my elbows, and my feet are flat on the ground (as this thing is adjustable in a number of directions and dimensions). And I must say that I rather like the casters.......
[doublepost=1561817762][/doublepost]
How would this brand compare to Wagner?

I'm not familiar with Wagner so I am unable to offer an opinion on how they compare with Klöber.

My sister-in-law (who is German) and my brother both recommended Klöber to me, as they had ordered two different types of 'conference' chairs to use at their dining table and found them excellent, comfortable and ergonomic.

I concur; this is easily the best - most comfortable and easy (and ergonomic) chair - I have ever had; although I have had it five years, I regret not having invested earlier in one.

Reactions: Gutwrench

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Well, when I am home, I spend a lot of time in my office/study, and it seemed to me to make an awful lot of sense to invest in a seriously good chair. Your back will thank you.

Any time I return home, after a few months abroad, I am always freshly amazed at just how well designed and comfortable this chair is; my lower back is fully supported, as are my elbows, and my feet are flat on the ground (as this thing is adjustable in a number of directions and dimensions). And I must say that I rather like the casters.......
I bought a good inexpensive ergonomic chair and it started to break after a while (I knew the fake leather was going to be a problem but I don't like fabric and it does not cost much to replace the part). 1000 euro still seems like luxury when you can just buy a new chair after some years, but I think they have more adjustments. And they are not plasticky.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I bought a good inexpensive ergonomic chair and it started to break after a while (I knew the fake leather was going to be a problem but I don't like fabric and it does not cost much to replace the part). 1000 euro still seems like luxury when you can just buy a new chair after some years, but I think they have more adjustments. And they are not plasticky.

Mine was real leather, - that was an optional extra, but I don't like fabric, either, and I do like real leather and it is well made (solid German engineering) and designed to last.

Re "luxury", it depends on needs, choices and preferences. In any case, I view it as a tool of the trade. My trade, and a necessary tool.

I sit at a desk for hours most days, reading, writing, researching; thus, to me, it is a necessity, not a luxury, and one I should have invested in years ago.

Last edited:

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Mine was real leather, - that was an optional extra, but I don't like fabric, either, and I do like real leather and it is well made (sold German engineering) and designed to last.

Re "luxury", it depends on needs, choices and preferences. In any case, I view it as a tool of the trade. My trade, and a necessary tool.

I sit at a desk for hours most days, reading, writing, researching; thus, to me, it is a necessity, not a luxury, and one I should have invested in years ago.
I don't think there has been much evolution in designs. I would like something more solid that is at least as good in design and service. It seems people were not completely satisfied with the 1000 euro chair I considered before, so it was a good call to skimp on premium character.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011

It sounds nice. I’ll look into the chair but guessing it’ll be more than Wells Fargo will permit me to spend. Haha. Especially if I buy a desk thanks to you-know-who! :mad:

A credenza sits beside and extends a couple feet under my office desk. I love it because I can lean back and rest my left leg on it while working. (I have a few permanent injuries, mostly orthopedic, and resting that leg is Heaven.) I need to find a footstool or ottoman for home. Something that isn’t hideous...like my left leg.

Googling Klober.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
It sounds nice. I’ll look into the chair but guessing it’ll be more than Wells Fargo will permit me to spend. Haha. Especially if I buy a desk thanks to you-know-who! :mad:

A credenza sits beside and extends a couple feet under my office desk. I love it because I can lean back and rest my left leg on it while working. (I have a few permanent injuries, mostly orthopedic, and resting that leg is Heaven.) I need to find a footstool or ottoman for home. Something that isn’t hideous...like my left leg.

Googling Klober.
Some other known brand:

The inexpensive ergonomic chair I bought costs around 300 euro and comes with 3 years warranty. That should be good if you are OK with seat replacements (maybe fabric would not tear during that period).

I broke an armrest after like 5 years. I am thinking of getting a different newer model for about the same price.

Last edited:

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Anyone have that super wide curved LG monitor?
In 2015 I wanted to buy a 32" 3D 4K monitor, but the smallest I could find was a 40" TV.

I ended up buying a 48" 3D 4K quantum dot HDR curved SmartTV because the only curved 40" could not be found and it was a great deal.

It shows Apple must put the menu bar on windows, not at the top.

I am happy I did not buy OLED. Now I don't even want it for regular TV use.

Last edited:

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
*Sigh* My iMac is indeed crawling to the finish line.

I bought a 2017 MBA -which is great- but it’s not enough for the heavy lifting. Not buying another Mac, so I am looking at PC laptops with better specs than the iMac*. It’s time to become platform agnostic already.

*I just went through this, thinking the MBA would extend the life of the iMac (x-X)...

Looking again...will try not to stress and just go with my decision.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
In 2015 I wanted to buy a 32" 3D 4K monitor, but the smallest I could find was a 40" TV.

I ended up buying a 48" 3D 4K quantum dot HDR curved SmartTV because the only curved 40" could not be found and it was a great deal.

It shows Apple must put the menu bar on windows, not at the top.

I am happy I did not buy OLED. Now I don't even want it for regular TV use.

I’m using dual monitors and the laptop screen in the office. The big curved LG looks convenient...at least from seeing it online. I’d be running a ZBook on it. I no longer have any Macs.

The desk :mad: topic has triggered all this wish list stuff (new desk, chair, and monitor). I have until October before the snow falls, I hope. Maybe this will pass.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
The 48" desk would be more than enough for a 48" 4K TV. That's like four 24" Full HD monitors (probably the ideal TV size would be 46" but it does not exist in 4K).

I think this is where a curved TV makes sense.

--

The smallest 8K TV is 55". That would be rather big to use as a monitor, but I guess I would take it if it was 3D and curved (I'm not planning to buy another Mac). It should still match the retina definition (the only reason to get 8K 16:9 for your desk).

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
The desk :mad: topic has triggered all this wish list stuff (new desk, chair, and monitor). I have until October before the snow falls, I hope. Maybe this will pass.

Take one old door and place it across a pair of short-legged sawhorses you made from store-bought brackets and cutting up a couple of knotty old 2x4 seconds you stashed in the barn.

Go to one estate auction and find an old bank customer's chair, the kind the farmer sits in for half an hour in front of the loan officer's desk while waiting for the paperwork on his new tractor to gel... it will be solid hardwood, so you can have at it with a maul and burn the pieces in the woodstove in a heating emergency. Same with the door and the sawhorses, just save the glass doorknob since it's a valuable antique, along with the sawhorse brackets you'll need for another go in the following year if you can keep warm enough all winter to round up some more of those ol' 2x4s in the spring.

What's not to like.

Well the monitor,,, you're on your own. I still just use laptops... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.