Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christlinah

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2022
Austria
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-22 um 21.11.56.png

It's a war I cannot win, though...

Update: I lost the war. Just ordered it. 😂

Last edited:

noone

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2006
hgg_03.png

The Folio Society editions of the Hitchhikers Guide trilogy. I really want them, but $70 each makes for an expensive investment in something that would essentially be a shelf decoration.

Last edited:
Reactions: 960design

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
AirPod Max headphones. They were $429 at Best Buy the day after my birthday. I lost my job the day after I bought them. Ugh.

Last edited:

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
AirPod Max headphones. They were $429 at Best Buy the day after my birthday. I lost my job the day after I bought them. Ugh.
Were the two events related?😳

Considering getting the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP4A, which is $430 at Costco this weekend. I have used many Dyson vacuum cleaners and even their hair dryer over the years and am very happy with their products. Does anyone have any experience with the noise levels of Dyson heaters? Noise is my main concern for a space heater.
imageService.jpeg

ducknalddon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2018

Considering getting the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool HP4A, which is $430 at Costco this weekend. I have used many Dyson vacuum cleaners and even their hair dryer over the years and am very happy with their products. Does anyone have any experience with the noise levels of Dyson heaters? Noise is my main concern for a space heater.
My parents had one and they were disappointed with it, they returned it in the end.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
My parents had one and they were disappointed with it, they returned it in the end.
Thank you for the feedback! I ended up picking one up yesterday. So far I'm quite happy with it. It's a lot quieter than the older Hot+Cool that my parents have. And I really like the full color animated display. Most of the negative reviews are just about it not being compatible with the Dyson app, but I don't really need it since I only need it sporadically, and it seems to heat up very quickly.

mljones99

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006

View attachment 2118823
We have a couple and they are awful. They overheat and trip breakers pretty easily. When they work they are average at best.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
We have a couple and they are awful. They overheat and trip breakers pretty easily. When they work they are average at best.
That's unfortunate. Luckily I haven't had any of those issues yet, nor with the one my parents have. Hopefully they've addressed those sorts of issues over the years. Do you have any space heaters you've really liked?

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Three years running, I've been holding off on getting an impact wrench. They carry a pretty hefty price tag for something I'd use maybe 5-10 times a year.

Welp, that Big Orange Store got me to cave by selling a 1/2" Ryobi impact wrench, 4AH battery and charger for a C-note. The battery--which I wanted anyways--costs $50. That makes the tool $50, since the included charger is garbage.😒 A consumer quality impact wrench for less than the HF junk? Well, day-um. How could I resist? Short on niceties like speed control switch and brushless motor that's on the 3-5x more expensive version, but I can live with that. I first used it to rotate the tires on my car, finished in 1/2 the time I normally take.🥰 I felt like a NASCAR pit crew zipping those lugnuts off.😁

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
I like that looking back at my old posts in this thread, I ended up buying almost all of the stuff I didn't want to buy at the time. Nothing spectacular among the items, but coming to this thread was a last resort that.. didn't last.

I am right trying to keep myself from upgrading my Xbox One S to Series X. I rarely use the thing but I keep thinking that if I should start a new game, I'd like to have the best graphics. Especially since I got such a nice TV. And I love how it looks. We'll see.

Reactions: 960design
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.