Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

so..

• sold on it

Votes: 140 63.9%
  • disappointed

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • indifferent

Votes: 58 26.5%

• Total voters

sack_peak

Suspended
Sep 3, 2023
Any material that improves quality of life is a + for me.

But I hope their structural design of this Titanium iPhone is superior to the 2017 Essential PH-1 phone.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
I went with indifferent but I think it’s a huge improvement over the stainless steel. My issue is I don’t see why the pro needs a different material than the standard phones to begin with. I’d be perfectly happy with the aluminum and frosted glass they used on the 15 series, especially since it would make the phone even lighter. I would gladly pay the $200 for promotion without the pro having some kind of “premium” material.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Indifferent, first thing I do when I get a new phone is put it in a case.
I like the look of both Stainless Steel and Titanium iPhones.

Are the camera rings also titanium? Something I really like on my 15PM is the matte finish on the camera rings.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I love the look, feel, and reduced weight of the titanium. Yes, it can show smudges, but it’s nowhere near as bad as the stainless steel bands of the 14PM. I’m sold on titanium (unless it scuffs and chips really bad over time, but I don’t have any scratches yet).

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I love the switch to Titanium but I'd also be happy if they just used aluminum like the non-Pro's. Stainless was way too heavy for no reason other than to appeal as "premium".

My 15 Pro is a dream to hold and use now.

mexxdude

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I have been enjoying titanium because of the weight reduction and less fingerprint compared to stainless steel. Esthetically, I don’t think titanium is better or worst than stainless steel. They give different vibes: titanium is more understated but still looks premium and stainless steel is more look at me I’m shiny and premium.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
We have both at home and 15pm leaps and bounds lighter than 14pm. It is also narrower so it sits right at 90 degrees in your hands given the fingers are not short but normal. 14pm noticeably wider and makes for less than ideal grip without the case.

Reactions: EmotionalSnow

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
It’s awesome. So much nicer to the touch than stainless steel. Even my blue finish 15P, which is apparently the fingerprint magnet of the 4, doesn’t get nearly as many fingerprints as my 13P. Hope they manage to make it be cooler colors in the future, though. Bland lineup this year.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
It’s awesome. So much nicer to the touch than stainless steel. Even my blue finish 15P, which is apparently the fingerprint magnet of the 4, doesn’t get nearly as many fingerprints as my 13P. Hope they manage to make it be cooler colors in the future, though. Bland lineup this year.

ya know, the blue definitely grew on me when I saw it in person.

I think the black might be the most boring this year to me, bc doesn't seem that different than black 14 pro.

Else maybe white.

nat Tit doesn't do it for me for some reason

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
ya know, the blue definitely grew on me when I saw it in person.

I think the black might be the most boring this year to me, bc doesn't seem that different than black 14 pro.

Else maybe white.

nat Tit doesn't do it for me for some reason
The Nat Titanium is such an unflattering shade to me. It looks like Depressing Office Building Wall Beige. I’m glad I pre ordered blue because it’s by far the winner this gen. Still would have preferred purple though. Other two colors aren’t notable to me one way or the other.

Reactions: barkomatic

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
The weight being less and tied to the brushed/matte finish makes for a lighter device. Not much, but noticeable when I hold both the 13PM and 15PM in hand. It is a step in the right direction.

15PM - Blue

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
The Nat Titanium is such an unflattering shade to me. It looks like Depressing Office Building Wall Beige. I’m glad I pre ordered blue because it’s by far the winner this gen. Still would have preferred purple though. Other two colors aren’t notable to me one way or the other.

I thought from stock photos 'here we go again with another Pacific Blue' but nah, its a distinguished blue.

Reactions: dk001

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
I choose indifferent. I use a case, lol.

I got the white pro max. Way better feeling and less fingerprinty than stainless for the few moments it is outside of the case. If I was going caseless, it’s possible I would prefer the aluminum. My wife got the pink 15 plus and that feels better to me.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2022
I've tried both the Black and Blue Titanium.

Positives - It's much lighter than the 14 Pro

Negatives - The titanium finish around the frame really picks up fingerprints and temporarily stains for quite a while before fading, even when using a microfiber cloth it won't come off straight away. Only thing I've found that helps is iso-propyl alcohol.

I prefer the shiny stainless steel edge, but the weight difference makes titanium the winner.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I like it but it is a "fingerprint magnet". That said, so was the stainless steel. I prefer titanium over stainless steel. I have the black titanium model. Not sure how the other colours hold up.

the titanium feels and looks 1000% times better. not that it really matters because i have a case on it. i could never go back to stainless steel. i have always been a fan of aluminium and titanium feels close to it but probably more prone to finger prints.

Reactions: EmotionalSnow

RoadCyclistID

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
I put indifferent but after reading some posts I could not help myself and took the case off that I have had since day one... do I dare?

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Indifferent, first thing I do when I get a new phone is put it in a case.
I like the look of both Stainless Steel and Titanium iPhones.

Are the camera rings also titanium? Something I really like on my 15PM is the matte finish on the camera rings.
Watch this to see what's actually titanium on the 15 Pro's

Reactions: dk001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.