Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

so..

• sold on it

Votes: 140 63.9%
  • disappointed

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • indifferent

Votes: 58 26.5%

• Total voters

Cedo_

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2020
I typically go caseless, so I really enjoy the look and feel of the brushed titanium on the sides. The reduced weight is the main selling point for me, the 15 pro max doesn't feel like a cinder block like my 14 did, and the rounded corners help too.

emeka09

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2023
The Nat Titanium is such an unflattering shade to me. It looks like Depressing Office Building Wall Beige. I’m glad I pre ordered blue because it’s by far the winner this gen. Still would have preferred purple though. Other two colors aren’t notable to me one way or the other.
lol such a polarising colour. Nat titanium is my favourite iPhone colour ever. Looks metallic silver in cool lighting and slightly sandy gold in indoor warm lighting. Also the sides and the back blend better than any other iPhone.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
lol such a polarising colour. Nat titanium is my favourite iPhone colour ever. Looks metallic silver in cool lighting and slightly sandy gold in indoor warm lighting. Also the sides and the back blend better than any other iPhone.
Nat Ti does look beige in many of the photos, for some reason, so I take take those comments with a grain of salt since it’s likely many of the comments are from people who haven’t seen it in person.

emeka09

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2023
Nat Ti does look beige in many of the photos, for some reason, so I take take those comments with a grain of salt since it’s likely many of the comments are from people who haven’t seen it in person.
In most lighting, it’s quite a cool metallic silver.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
In most lighting, it’s quite a cool metallic silver.
I don‘t use a case, and I don’t normally leave my phone face down. I walked over to get my phone the other day, which was face down on a table, and I was actually taken aback by how good the back of the phone looked in the light coming through the window. It was definitely a shimmering metallic silver that was really eye catching.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
No regrets choosing the Natural Titanium color for our iPhone 15 Pro Maxs. It provides a nice contrast with the Otterbox Defender Pro on my wife's phone and the Defender Pro XT on mine. We typically would have chosen the darker colors but felt it was time for a change.

EmotionalSnow

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
Linz, Austria
You make that sound so good, like a dream. I can't wait to hold mine in my hands!

Reactions: emeka09

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I liked the polished look on the stainless steel and weight was never an issue for me. I didn't read about weight as an issue often here before the titanium versions were released. Then suddenly, you would have thought that a stainless steel iPhone was a 45lb barbell based on commentary.

That being said, I know Apple had to change up the aesthetic to give people a reason to upgrade. Shiny/glossy is out, brushed is in. I'm a bit meh about the new iPhones but that won't stop me from getting one when the time comes.

I saw all three colors in person at the Apple Store and for the first time in years I'm leaning toward black. The natural titanium reminds me too much of the color of 1990s office tech.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Indifferent since I always have my phones in cases anyway. I do appreciate the weight loss compared to stainless steel but would've preferred the even lighter aluminum.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
The Nat Titanium is such an unflattering shade to me. It looks like Depressing Office Building Wall Beige. I’m glad I pre ordered blue because it’s by far the winner this gen. Still would have preferred purple though. Other two colors aren’t notable to me one way or the other.

The purple 14 Pro looks really nice. I'm thinking of buying a global iPhone when I go on vacation for the nano SIM slot. I'm torn whether to get a green 15 Plus or purple 14 Pro Max.

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
The purple 14 Pro looks really nice. I'm thinking of buying a global iPhone when I go on vacation for the nano SIM slot. I'm torn whether to get a green 15 Plus or purple 14 Pro Max.
Choose based on if you care more about pro motion or camera. 15 has a better camera 14P has the better screen.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Choose based on if you care more about pro motion or camera. 15 has a better camera 14P has the better screen.

I don't care about ProMotion.

Curious, I thought the 14 Pro Max has a largely similar camera to the 15 Pro Max. How is the 15 Plus' camera better than the 14 Pro Max?

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022

Curious, I thought the 14 Pro Max has a largely similar camera to the 15 Pro Max. How is the 15 Plus' camera better than the 14 Pro Max?
You lose 3x zoom but gain 24MP photos as well as automatic portraits, and the 15 is much less extreme with HDR processing.

Reactions: rui no onna

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007

Yeah the software enhancements make 15 plus pictures cleaner than 14 pro max

they gave it extra TLC and sort of abandoned 14 Pro max improvements afaik

Reactions: rui no onna

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
You lose 3x zoom but gain 24MP photos as well as automatic portraits, and the 15 is much less extreme with HDR processing.

Thanks! The main attraction of the 14 Pro Max for me (apart from the Deep Purple color) is the camera system. If the 15 Plus has a better main camera anyway couple with excellent battery life and lighter weight, that seems like a better choice.

Now the only question is whether I could find the 15 Plus in stock in the Philippines right before Christmas. It's a bit annoying that the 15 Plus there costs the same as the 15 Pro Max in the US. However, it's still cheaper than going through eBay.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
$9 worth of titanium. LOL

This is like melting down a set of these Ducati titanium rods and then Saying something like hur hur iT’s OnLy 50 bUcKs oF TiTaNiUm…🙄🙄

Reactions: StudioMacs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.