Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
I ordered the DBrand Ghost case. Will have to see if it's as good as reviewed.
This is the case I am wanting to Pre-Order but I want to see reviews first. I hope its true that it doesn't yellow. However I am afraid it'll be a fingerprint magnet with oily fingerprints and smudges.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
I have tried many cases. I have had the ROXX Clear Case, but was not happy with the feel of the case. Too slippery. I have bought an Apple Clear Case, but I simply can’t press the buttons as they are waaaay too stiff. Totally not worth 60 EUR.

Then I bought the TORRAS Diamond Mag. Bingo, that’s a great case! It is not slippery, it is thin, a closed bottom and has great buttons. Moreover, I changed the action button into the orange button, like on my Apple Watch Ultra. This is the case I recommend if you want a clear case!

https://amzn.eu/d/55E8MC7

Reactions: Teach8870

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Having gone through multiple reviews, YouTube videos, etc., my plan was to find a sturdy full TPU case (as hard back plastic cases seem to be more slippery), so for now I test ESR Project Zero Clear Case:

It fits really well, the buttons are nicely clicky and, along with the advertised screen raised border, it also has slightly raised corners (top and bottom). So when iPhone lies flat with the screen up, the bottom of the case floats about 1 mm above, potentially reducing the wear/scratches of the case’s back.

The anti-yellowing claim to be tested by a few months of use, however ESR give their cases a two year warranty.

The only possible minus is less strong MagSafe connection, compared to other MagSafe optimised cases, which ESR also make. However, I have not used MagSafe so far, so for me it is not an issue.

It’s been just a few days so far, but so far I am very happy with it. Way better than Apple’s own, that is hard as a brick, very hard to take off for regular cleaning and costs four times more!

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
I bought the Apple clear case for my 15 Pro blue. The reason I went with Apple is that I use a MagSafe car mount and have had poor “grip” with 3rd party cases, which fall off even when going over a moderate bump.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I bought the Apple clear case for my 15 Pro blue. The reason I went with Apple is that I use a MagSafe car mount and have had poor “grip” with 3rd party cases, which fall off even when going over a moderate bump.

This is another mighty one for those bumps to try, they claim it can hold 8 x the mass of the iPhone:

The advantage of this over Apple’s own is that it covers the bottom of the iPhone and has less rigid sides, so is easier to remove as needed and is less likely to scratch those titanium sides.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
I bought a few, including Spigen Ultra Hybrid.

The thinnest with magsafe, which I kept, is the Ringke Fusion.

I only bought ones that were soft or had at least a TPU frame with hard back (like Spigen Ultra Hybrid and Ringke Fusion). No hard snap on cases because they leave marks and abrasions on the metal part.
I like thin magsafe cases as well and I went with JETech Magnetic

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.