Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
hi,

I preordered them, but I don't wanna wait until the 29th, but want them for xmas.
Do you think with the public announcement made that they'll be available in stores next week- do they mean on Monday??
What day are you gonna start to hit the stores?
I live in Germany.

With the ip7+ JB it was in fact really faster to go to the store and get it there than ordering it online - by a whopping 6 weeks!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
No one knows, you have to get lucky more than likely to tell the truth just like the Pencil.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
hi,

I preordered them, but I don't wanna wait until the 29th, but want them for xmas.
Do you think with the public announcement made that they'll be available in stores next week- do they mean on Monday??
I live in Germany.

With the ip7+ JB it was in fact really faster to go to the store and get it there than ordering it online - by a whopping 6 weeks!

I have a 12/29 delivery as well but I'm going to try going on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week since these seem to be the earliest delivery dates for the lucky few who got them early.

My Apple Store is 5 minutes from my house so it's no big deal to go every day if I have to. We'll see if I get lucky!

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Please don't line up for a pair of headphones.

Why not? I'm already waiting in line. And I don't care if I have to miss Christmas to preserve my place. Family can wait, AirPods are my priority right now.

Seriously these aren't just any earphones. These are special with technology I've been lusting after for years.

Reactions: clunkmess

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I ordered mine but since I didn't check early enough (9am) they aren't getting here until January 12th. I'm going to check out the student book store at my work on Monday which has a mini Apple Store type thing inside, and if I get lucky then I'll just cancel my order.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I'm trying my local apple stores Monday and Tuesday cause I got a Jan 12th date. If i can't find any next week it leaves me almost a month to decide if I really want them.

ShadowYYZ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
Do you think we all need them first day or is it just Impulsive to try them out? I want a pair but I think I'm being impulsive. I rarely used my headphones at work. It looks very nice though I do love new products. Thoughts? Oh, I might go hunting for them too..

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
Do you think we all need them first day or is it just Impulsive to try them out? I want a pair but I think I'm being impulsive. I rarely used my headphones at work. It looks very nice though I do love new products. Thoughts? Oh, I might go hunting for them too..

For me, 80% impulsive. Apple have managed to market products in a way for people to get emotionally attracted to them, rather than process it as a logical purchase.

Some of the clients I work for, albeit in the automotive industry, are now designing cars in the hope to try market to peoples emotions, rather than just purely needs (and checklist of features). People seem to follow their heart much more than their head, so it is a good strategy.

Once you are emotionally attached, you even start to ignore/defend the flaws of the product. Quite scary when you think about it ;).

Stereo

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011

Impulsive. I'm fine the wired EarPods, but a wireless version sure would be nice. I'm buying because of the convenient factor.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
hi,

I live in Germany.

Judging by the report on this web site it looks like they're going to be available for sale in store including third party retailers starting Monday.

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/12/15/airpods-in-stores-monday-december-19/

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
USA
Check your local Apple store(s), Best Buy, Authorized Apple Retailers (SimplyMac, etc.) and you shouldn't have a problem getting a pair Monday. I really don't think they're gonna go fast enough to prohibit walk-in customers from picking up a pair. Many don't want to pay the $170 and/or are waiting for the BeatsX.

If I get a pair this week I'll likely sell once the BeatsX releases but for now it'll be fun to experience the W1 chip. Given that I do get a pair, I'll 100% be ordering a Spigen Strap [http://imgur.com/a/8XTvv] on Amazon.

Last edited:

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
People line up outside of my local store EVERYDAY regardless if anything new has been launched recently.

Like easily 20+ people are standing waiting on the doors to open anytime I go by.

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
USA
People line up outside of my local store EVERYDAY regardless if anything new has been launched recently.

Like easily 20+ people are standing waiting on the doors to open anytime I go by.

Extremely weird. Luckily I live within 10min of 2 Apple Stores in each direction along with another 30min away on top of the usual Best Buy and Authorized Retailer so the odds are in my favor come Monday.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Extremely weird. Luckily I live within 10min of 2 Apple Stores in each direction along with another 30min away on top of the usual Best Buy and Authorized Retailer so the odds are in my favor come Monday.
Yeah I have 6 stores within 30-40 minutes, can't even count the BestBuys. I have 4 sets that are supposed to be delivered Wednesday but I may just have to stop by the Apple Store Monday morning, and either cancel the other order or sell them to someone else.
I dunno, depends on what I have going on Monday I guess.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

Stores in US all open early next week, even before some people have to be at work so they need to be included in any rush. Plus college folks are on recess I am pretty sure as well.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
What time do they open next week?

Lots of retailers and malls are opening around 8:00am, cannot say for sure individual stores in malls will do so. Check online, there has to be a listing for each store's hours.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005

That's probably to get a Genius Bar appointment - the same day appointments are dished out on a first-come, first-served basis.

Reactions: Daku93

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
Yeah I have 6 stores within 30-40 minutes, can't even count the BestBuys. I have 4 sets that are supposed to be delivered Wednesday but I may just have to stop by the Apple Store Monday morning, and either cancel the other order or sell them to someone else.
I dunno, depends on what I have going on Monday I guess.

You could also return them instead of selling, if you were willing to cancel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.