Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Turned up at the Berlin Apple Store just after 10am (store opens on the hour).

Already passed some lucky punters who had picked up a pair, but there was a queue of around 20 people in front of me and we were told that they only had another 2 for sale.

Guess I'm staying wired until next year...

Shoju

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2014
Berlin
Turned up at the Berlin Apple Store just after 10am (store opens on the hour).
Already passed some lucky punters who had picked up a pair, but there was a queue of around 20 people in front of me and we were told that they only had another 2 for sale.
Wow.. they really didn't receive more stock..? I was there a couple of minutes after 10am as well and was told to come back tomorrow as they'd "get them in regularly now". But if it's 10 or so pairs every day I guess the lining up won't stop in the next days..

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Someone posted a pic on Twitter of the Berlin queue before the shop opened...

Think I'll just stay calm and wait out until they are generally available, although I may feel differently tomorrow morning!

upload_2016-12-19_11-40-25.png

Casimono

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2009
Zurich store had about 40 AirPods for sale. Arrived 5 minutes before the store opened and got one of the last ones. Perfect timing. Good luck guys getting them today!

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
IMG_0091.JPG

I'm 9th in line at Grand Central NYC and they have told us there is more than enough inventory for everyone in line (currently now about 25 people).

Reactions: SHKLMRE and vito

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
7:30a Monday and I just arrived first in line at my local store. They open in 1.5 hours. Already queued 1 more behind me.

Edit 7:35a: Seems not first as mall security is making the queue disperse and those ahead of me are mall walking. The scrooges!

Edit#2 8:40a: Woohoo! A Genius came out. Limit 2 per person. I am 2nd in line for pickup!

Last Edit 9:05a: Made my purchase for 2 sets APs! Will debate if to cancel my online order set for delivery on 12-Jan.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHKLMRE

nyjoe84

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2009
Brooklyn
Anyone lined up st the Williams berg store in Brooklyn ?im thinking about heading there now. I just can not believe this all for headphones

nyjoe84

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2009
Brooklyn
But are sure they are selling them ? It will be a let down waiting this long in line and wind up empty handed

Tmargo101

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
4th in line at my local store, but I know one of the ones in front of me isn't waiting for them, just wants his iPhone fixed. Go figure.

tdronski

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
But are sure they are selling them ? It will be a let down waiting this long in line and wind up empty handed
Yes.
Retail got a message saying that they will arrive by the 17th but not to start selling them till the 19tg

hobspain

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
Could get mine at Munich Rosenstrasse store this morning. At 9:00 (opening time) there were about 15 people in front of me in the upper floor and another 15 or so queded up quickly after me. They were totally not ready (which is quite surprising), and it was messy until they decided to arrange some sort of a line (see pic).

Attachments

• JPEG image-AE00FBE54370-1.jpeg
    JPEG image-AE00FBE54370-1.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 151

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008

They had hundreds at Grand Central in NYC this morning. Completely satisfied the line and still had a lot laying around...

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
lined up at 730 for an 8am open and they had enough to offer everyone in line a max of 2 sets of AirPods and still had a full stock on the shelf with more they took to the back after restocking the shelf. I really believe this will be the last apple product I preorder because for the past 2-3 iPhones, the iPad pro and the AirPods I preordered most with a date later than launch day (January 12th for the pods) yet I walk up to a store 30 min before open up to an hour after open (iPhone 7) and walk out with the exact model I want of **fill in the blank**. It isn't like I live in a remote area where I am the only one that has access to my apple store, it is Baltimore for F sakes. Even with my degrees in business I told myself that there was some truth to the supply constraints but I just can't do it anymore, it is purely marketing in my honest opinion. There is several warehouses across the globe filled to the ceilings with these things and they are releasing them to stores and customers in increments to keep the hype going. I am not even sure there was a problem to begin with other than not enough hype, there was an apple employee wearing them during the keynote which is rather odd if they weren't even close to ready (yes R&D bla bla). With all that said, they are great. The normal earbuds I struggle to stay comfortable with in my ears and after about 30 minutes my ears are slightly sore, top that off with crappy sound. These AirPods are actually pretty cool. From the way they stop when you take one out to how they can work solo. Also I though the siri thing would be ridiculous to control everything but it does come up faster on the AirPods than on the phone itself which is kinda cool. You can say hey siri or double tap and it is instant, also incase that wasn't clear you don't have to talk to siri you can double tap and say whatever command like "volume up". Of course first thing I ask is "open spotify" and get told to unlock my phone. Guess I should have said "play" or something but whatever. Also if the volume is really low (which hasn't happened yet because it seems to remember my set volume) you would have to say volume up like 10 times to get it rockin.

So far I am really liking the integration though. They know when I get in and out of my car and while type this just heard the very first little blip in the music sound but that could be the internet.. Anyway due to convince and integration I would say they are worth the 150 price tag especially if you use BT for calling at work a lot.
[doublepost=1482155876][/doublepost]
Are Apple Store opening up early? Bc they all say 10

most are opening at 8am around the US due to the holiday shopping week. At least all in Maryland that I checked. The one in Annapolis has so many that everyone in line was served up to two pair, the shelves were fully stocked and some remained in the back.
[doublepost=1482155996][/doublepost]
Anyone lined up st the Williams berg store in Brooklyn ?im thinking about heading there now. I just can not believe this all for headphones

I'm still shaking my head that I woke up early and waited in line for headphones lol but they are great I will give them that. I may never wear cans again if they add decent noise cancellation (may already be there could I had to take it out to hear my wife talking to me **jack pot**)

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I'm wondering if anyone else is going to try Best Buy, that store is so much closer than an Apple one. Hopefully they get some in.

Gotta remember these were suppose to be out two months ago so much more time to manufacturer more and get them out to retailers.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I'm wondering if anyone else is going to try Best Buy, that store is so much closer than an Apple one. Hopefully they get some in.

Gotta remember these were suppose to be out two months ago so much more time to manufacturer more and get them out to retailers.

If I remember correctly Best Buy made a statement saying they aren't getting any today but are doing preorders. No harm in trying if you already missed the apple store open times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.