Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackMamba14

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Me too. I was only 9th in line

Store had about 25-30 and I was 15th in line. Guy in front of me got the last one. Almost everybody was buying 2.

Multiple Apple employees were going to the back room to pick up ones for themselves that were being saved for them.

Really bummed. Guess I'll be waiting for my online order in a couple weeks

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Store had about 25-30 and I was 15th in line. Guy in front of me got the last one. Almost everybody was buying 2.

Multiple Apple employees were going to the back room to pick up ones for themselves that were being saved for them.

Really bummed. Guess I'll be waiting for my online order in a couple weeks

Yea the lady in front of me got hers and when it was my turn to go in they made me wait for about 20 min "checking inventory" then came back and told me they were sold out. I'm going to try again tomorrow and get there about 8:30am for a 9am opening. Maybe i'll get lucky

zen97

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
TX
About 20th in line at the Store 30 mins before opening. Sold out buy the time I got in :( Trying again tomorrow.

Trundle

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
20 pairs at Sherman Oaks Galleria, I was #5 and got a pair. One guy paid $100 to buy a spot in line...

Reactions: SHKLMRE

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
got to Manhattan Village store in SoCal about 10 minutes before they opened, there were about 20 people ahead of me. Basically every one of us bough two pair, looked like they only had about 50 pairs total. They were sold out two customers after me.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Was at the Cerritos location. There were about 50 or so people in line by the time they open at 9am. Rep that helped me said they definitely won't have enough for everyone in line, and I bet most people are getting 2 pairs. Sounded like they have about 40 or so.

drew keys

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
how likely is it that the stores all get stock for tomorrow? I was told they don't know when they will be getting a new shipment, however, that could very likely just be a standard line

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Got to the Apple store in Georgetown (Washington DC) at 9:15am. No line. No waiting. The worker took me to the back and plucked a pair off the shelf -- there were several sitting there -- and I bought them.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
Were you able to go in the mall early or did you lineup outside?
I got there 20 minutes early and at that point it was just a group of about 15 people or so. Apparently Apple reps had come out a bit earlier and taken down the names of some people in the order that they arrived, but they didn't for me and the others arriving closer to store opening. When the store opened they took in the list people and told us that it turned out they only had 8 AirPods. There were more than 8 people on the list alone, so I didn't have a shot. I got to demo them, which was nice even if it was torture. The audio quality is far better than I expected. I may try my luck tomorrow morning at the Sacramento Apple Store...

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
got to Manhattan Village store in SoCal about 10 minutes before they opened, there were about 20 people ahead of me. Basically every one of us bough two pair, looked like they only had about 50 pairs total. They were sold out two customers after me.

If I had of bought two you might not have got yours. I was 4th in line. ;)

Reactions: Shoju

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
That'd be nice, but I have a job. :( This was a vacation day. Maybe next week when I'm off a few more days. Apple makes it ridiculously difficult to throw money at them sometimes. Pencil was my last annoyance.

Oh I hear you. The great Pencil Misery is something I try not to think about too much...

Reactions: tekchic

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Stanford about more than a hundred I'd gather as I was about 20th in line. Most people in front of me got 2. I waited 45 minutes before store opening at 9am. After I went inside, the line grew to 75 or 100. The sales associate told me that they did not have stock for that line. My guess is that they had <200.

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
got there (bellevue square) about 30min before store opens, the mall wasn't open yet, but they were letting people in. was at about 25th-30th-ish place, and limited two per customer. I'd say about 1/3 to 1/4 are only buying one, but after me buying two, there were only 6 left to purchase, and 40+ people in line.
had to walk out of the store with them, only difference being me hold two units lol

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Was at the berlin Apple Store yesterday noon, of course everything was sold out. They said not bc of people in line but actually Because of people who did online orders with store pickup...

Well well I feel bad about going there again today because the store is right next to where this freak ran Into the xmas market with his truck...

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Was at the berlin Apple Store yesterday noon, of course everything was sold out. They said not bc of people in line but actually Because of people who did online orders with store pickup...
Really? The option to pickup in-store wasn't available for Air Pods when I checked (more than a few times!). edit: Now the option is there, but earliest pick-up date is 03.02.2017...

Note for German volks: if you're not desperate enough to need Air Pods RIGHT NOW, Mediamarkt currently showing them as being available in 6-7 working days, so end of next week...

upload_2016-12-20_8-42-3.png

Last edited:

Shoju

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2014
Berlin
Really? The option to pickup in-store wasn't available for Air Pods when I checked (more than a few times!).
View attachment 678996
It's really annoying how little they know/want to disclose about this actually. Of course I know Apple has never been transparent about availability of their products, but why make it so hard for your customers to figure out when there's a decent chance to get stuff in stores and when they should simply wait for their online orders to arrive..?
I'm giving it up now - pick up status for Berlin says February 3rd. What a joke.
[doublepost=1482222967][/doublepost]
Did they also tell you to come back again today and that they'll have some in stock on a first come first served basis?

Reactions: colmaclean

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
I returned to the Berlin store this morning (first time since Monday).

Made it just before opening and there was already a queue of around 10 people in front of me. Fortunately not everyone was after AirPods as they only had around 10-15 available, so I managed to grab a pair.

Now cancelling all my fall-back on-line orders. :)

Shoju

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2014
Berlin
I returned to the Berlin store this morning (first time since Monday).

Made it just before opening and there was already a queue of around 10 people in front of me. Fortunately not everyone was after AirPods as they only had around 10-15 available, so I managed to grab a pair.
Thanks for the heads up - good to know. May try my luck in the next days then as well, I guess..

Shoju

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2014
Berlin
Thanks for the heads up - good to know. May try my luck in the next days then as well, I guess..
Or I won't, because I just got a shipping notice on my order that will now arrive three weeks earlier than expected (now: 2 Jan 2017).. :)

Reactions: colmaclean
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.