Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
Why wouldn't they just release it now?? I'd be surprised if they did. I'm itching to buy the new 17" C2D MBP!!!

Nuc

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
I was looking at the Dell website yesterday and their C2D laptops didn't seem available to ship for 7-14 days. I think Apple will wait until they have them built in mass before they announce them, 2-4 weeks.

shiv

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2006
Osaka, Japan
new mbp no show on the 12th

in my room sulking and pouting like a 10 year old girl after not getting to take picture with Cinderella at Disneyland

rtharper

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Oxford, UK
Bibulous said:
I was looking at the Dell website yesterday and their C2D laptops didn't seem available to ship for 7-14 days. I think Apple will wait until they have them built in mass before they announce them, 2-4 weeks.

I agree. I wasn't really expecting them today, just hoping. I won't give up complete hope until the store reopens.

fastlane1588

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
florida
ive given up wishing for new mbps on the next tuesday, ive been being dissapointed since may! so when i stop anticipating it then they will release it. so why is the apple store down, but the itunes/ipod link still works but w/ all the old stuff, shouldnt they have that part of the site down too?

vega07

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
so raise your hands if you're gonna go buy your AWESOME YONAH MB/MBP today!

*raises hand*

vega07

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I was thinking of selling my free nano that I got...but now, I don't think it'll sell for a lot with the new ipods out. should have done it earlier. damn!

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
vega07 said:
so raise your hands if you're gonna go buy your AWESOME YONAH MB/MBP today!

*raises hand*

*cuts off own hand*

I wonder why the C2D MBPs are taking so long... it can't just be a processor switch (like the lower-end iMacs) judging by how slow they are. I'm hyped for something nice.

Of course I'll be pissed if it's nothing but a processor switch and a latch.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
rtharper said:
No, they have until the 26th, when everyone else starts shipping.

Oh, so you mean other manufacturers haven't started shipping C2D laptops yet? I haven't actually checked myself but I assumed that they would have started by now, especially since it's been a couple weeks since Merom's come out, and since even iMacs have shipped with C2D already.

But then again, I haven't checked shipping times on Dell/Asus/etc.

rtharper

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Oxford, UK
ZoomZoomZoom said:
Oh, so you mean other manufacturers haven't started shipping C2D laptops yet? I haven't actually checked myself but I assumed that they would have started by now, especially since it's been a couple weeks since Merom's come out, and since even iMacs have shipped with C2D already.

But then again, I haven't checked shipping times on Dell/Asus/etc.

They're all 7-14 days. Sadly, I'm not an Apple loyalist, I've been a Unix user for most of my work. I use Windows for my laptop because of hardware stuff. I'm going to take the plunge and do either Apple, with its delicious Unix under the hood, or try and find the friendliest FreeBSD laptop on the market. That means if someone else will ship my a C2D, they will get my money.

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
ckodonnell said:
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=M1710B2&s=dhs

Ships on 09/21/06 for $3800

512 MB NVidia GPU
2.33GHz C2D
17" Display

F Apple.

Not really. I need a machine running OS X. So I'm screwed. Though I wish I could say this is really what I did.

That nVidia card is tempting though. :)

Anyway, I'll wait for Photokina on the 26th. If nothing happens by then, I'm just going to go ahead, get my MBP, and be happy with what I've got. I'm getting tired of feeling nervous every Tuesday, and then being disappointed at no new announcement. I'll have to buy one for the betterment of my mental health. :D

mikesk8

macrumors member
May 17, 2006
Helsinki
HecubusPro said:
That nVidia card is tempting though. :)

Anyway, I'll wait for Photokina on the 26th. If nothing happens by then, I'm just going to go ahead, get my MBP, and be happy with what I've got. I'm getting tired of feeling nervous every Tuesday, and then being disappointed at no new announcement. I'll have to buy one for the betterment of my mental health. :D

yeah..it seems they totally forgot about MBP...:(

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
getting a little frustrated.

I would like to buy a new merom laptop MBP.

but guess will have to wait longer.

mightymike107

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2006
Cambridge, MA
i think i speak for all of us when i say

SDOFIHJSODJOSDFIJOWIJDS(#*&$(@*#&$(@*#&%(*@#$&%^(*&#($)&*@#)($*)@#(*$%)RO:WEIJF:OSDIFJO:~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:OISDJF:OIJSD:FOIJSDF:OIJSDF:OIJSDF:IJFDSF

EEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.