Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
What do you want in iOS 7.1? I personally would like the ability to change the control centre toggles and the plug in the battery to tell you when your device is fully charged like it used to do in iOS 6 and earlier.

manchildbeej

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2013
Arizona
What do you want in iOS 7.1?

The BIGGEST thing to me, was iOS 7 ruined the calendar. RUINED it. I used to be able to open the calendar and with a glance, see what I had going on each day of the week. Now I have to mess around within the app, oh and if you touch a "day" of the week, it automatically zooms into the current time (hard to explain), instead of showing you a summary of your day. iOS 6 had the banner at the bottom of the screen that showed a list of events for that day.

It's so frustrating. the iOS 6 calendar, was FAR superior.

Attachments

• calendar-980x843.png
    calendar-980x843.png
    335.2 KB · Views: 1,547

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Fix the Safari crashes. I'm not experiencing them as much as some are reporting but it would be nice if Apple figured it out.

Calendar does bug me a little, but I installed Fantastical and it seems to solve all of my needs ATM.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
1) Fix random crashes
2) Add a data mobile icon to Control Centre
3) Quick Reply (maybe not in 7.1 but who knows?)
4) "Up Next" in Music app. The new Remote app has it!

manchildbeej

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2013
Arizona
Calendar does bug me a little, but I installed Fantastical and it seems to solve all of my needs ATM.

Yeah, I know there are some other calendar apps out there, but it wasn't broken to begin with. they shouldn't have messed with it. Just frustrates me, I shouldn't have to supplement my iPhone with apps that actually work efficiently. (not an attack against you, just venting my calendar rage on the only appropriate forum) :D

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
collapse the expanded artist albums in music app
up next in music app
customizable toggles in control center
fix the animation delay
and general better optimization and bug fixes in ios 7

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
The BIGGEST thing to me, was iOS 7 ruined the calendar. RUINED it. I used to be able to open the calendar and with a glance, see what I had going on each day of the week. Now I have to mess around within the app, oh and if you touch a "day" of the week, it automatically zooms into the current time (hard to explain), instead of showing you a summary of your day. iOS 6 had the banner at the bottom of the screen that showed a list of events for that day.

I like that, I do use the magnifying glass icon at the top and gives me a good list by time at least. It's different, but I have gotten accustomed to it now; I never go into a day, I just use the mag glass instead lol. I still would like a preview pane again though.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Fix Calender
Add more speed, especially to the keyboard (7.0.3 mostly fixed it but my iPad still lags)
Let me see more apps in the bottom row in the app switcher on iPad
More icons in folders on iPad. 9 icons on a 9.7" screen?

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Yeah, I know there are some other calendar apps out there, but it wasn't broken to begin with. they shouldn't have messed with it. Just frustrates me, I shouldn't have to supplement my iPhone with apps that actually work efficiently. (not an attack against you, just venting my calendar rage on the only appropriate forum) :D

I hear ya. I too was not happy with the changes to Calendar. My thought was, it ain't gonna fix itself. So Fantastical seemed like the logical option. Plus, I'm an App slut anyways! :D

iRoRo

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
UK
Firstly, fix all the bugs in music player on the iPhone :D

Agree with the above reference the calendar from iOS 6, this is easily resolved in iOS 7 by viewing calendar month and pressing the magnifying glass to view the months events. Less IS better! ;)

Would like to see more call blocking options especially from 'unknown' computer generated calls, as well as sms blocking for computer generated spam :mad:

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
How about an iPad user interface that has good structure and visual hierarchy, and follows the gestalt rules of object placement?

On a more serious note, a better Music app on the iPad. Seriously, the iOS 5-6 one made really good use of the available screen space. The iOS 7 one is terrible.

kf9vh

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
I want it to make my Ipad 3 preform as well as it did when I bought it. It is amazing that a device that is less than 2 years old would suffer like mine has with the new updates. Any degradation in performance is unacceptable.

Perhaps on an Ipad 1 the hardware limitations would be an issue but on a 3 that is ludicrous.

pitt1717

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
MULTI-USER.

I can't stand sharing a device with my wife. I hate signing out of her mail, iTunes, messaging to get to mine. Even seeing all her apps I never use. I mean in this day and age, it should be a no brainier

Same thing for my kids and the mini

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal

This, and showing all-day events in the lockscreen/notification center summery (ie. birthdays, holidays, etc.)

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
MULTI-USER.

I can't stand sharing a device with my wife. I hate signing out of her mail, iTunes, messaging to get to mine. Even seeing all her apps I never use. I mean in this day and age, it should be a no brainier

Same thing for my kids and the mini

Apple wants everyone to have their own device, simple as that. I'm probably not gonna get another iPad, the Surface 2 RT is gonna take my money this Christmas unless I find something better. Sick and tired of the iPad being a large iPod touch.

----------

This, and showing all-day events in the lockscreen/notification center summery (ie. birthdays, holidays, etc.)

Birthdays do show in the NC though...

paradox11

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
Apple wants everyone to have their own device, simple as that. I'm probably not gonna get another iPad, the Surface 2 RT is gonna take my money this Christmas unless I find something better. Sick and tired of the iPad being a large iPod touch.

----------

Birthdays do show in the NC though...

I would understand a Surface Pro but a Surface RT? Lol

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
How about an iPad user interface that has good structure and visual hierarchy, and follows the gestalt rules of object placement?

On a more serious note, a better Music app on the iPad. Seriously, the iOS 5-6 one made really good use of the available screen space. The iOS 7 one is terrible.

the two things i hate about my ipad you nailed. it's ironic that apple makes fun of android's tablet apps for being blown up versions of the phone apps, because this is exactly what the ipad music app is. it's even worse, actually. in landscape mode on the iphone, i get a pretty neat album art grid. on the ipad, i get a really wide list of music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.