Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
The BIGGEST thing to me, was iOS 7 ruined the calendar. RUINED it. I used to be able to open the calendar and with a glance, see what I had going on each day of the week. Now I have to mess around within the app, oh and if you touch a "day" of the week, it automatically zooms into the current time (hard to explain), instead of showing you a summary of your day. iOS 6 had the banner at the bottom of the screen that showed a list of events for that day.

It's so frustrating. the iOS 6 calendar, was FAR superior.

Buy Fantastical 2. Thank me later...

----------

Yeah, I know there are some other calendar apps out there, but it wasn't broken to begin with. they shouldn't have messed with it. Just frustrates me, I shouldn't have to supplement my iPhone with apps that actually work efficiently. (not an attack against you, just venting my calendar rage on the only appropriate forum) :D

Agree with this also..the ios6 calendar app was FAR superior to this ios7 junk

Darkseid1701

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2013
Puerto Rico
I would like them to send a patch to fix speed issues with Ipad 3. Air was made with IOS7 in mind, and it is great with Iphone 5s, but it made speed drop heavily in Ipad 3. I use my Air, and I still use my Ipad 3 (my wife loves her 2) yet at least I know that 3 can do much better.

kevo1011

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2010
Since this is a wish list & none of this will happen, but I would like to see....

Settings (ringer volume, etc) based on location/wifi connections/calendar events

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
It would be awesome if Apple could make a change in the SMS app. For example, if they could make it exactly like biteSMS; they should add Quick Reply, Schedule SMS, Quick compose from the notification center/lock screen; etc AND give us the option of displaying the contact picture in the SMS app.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
Well, I really hate all the white but I doubt that will be fixed. But I would love to see the folders on the iPad show more than 9 icons rather than scrolling to another page of icons.

I can see this on the iPhone but come on! The iPad certainly has enough space to enlarge the open folder display.

hieubui.rtz

macrumors member
May 20, 2013
FPS need to be increased dramatically.

I thought that was the OS but then i saw how it performed on iPad Air. Maybe iOS 7 was written for A7 superman performance... My hope drops a little

Also, the delay when switching apps should really be fixed, return to home by pressing Home button should be faster...

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2009
1. Faster animations, probably 2x the speed. I know you can use "reduce animations", but I don't want fade out transitions - I just want a faster version of the current animations.
2. The ability to lock the toolbar in safari. I hate having to scroll down to see it.
3. Better battery life. iOS7 has been way worse than iOS6 for me.
4. Replace every stupid line-drawing icon.
5. Give us the ability to close all apps at once from the multitasking screen
6. Improve the pull up/pull down menu touch areas. I find it's really easy to miss them and hit some other UI element.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
The BIGGEST thing to me, was iOS 7 ruined the calendar. RUINED it. I used to be able to open the calendar and with a glance, see what I had going on each day of the week. Now I have to mess around within the app, oh and if you touch a "day" of the week, it automatically zooms into the current time (hard to explain), instead of showing you a summary of your day. iOS 6 had the banner at the bottom of the screen that showed a list of events for that day.

It's so frustrating. the iOS 6 calendar, was FAR superior.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. After looking at your comparison between iOS 6's calendar and the new one in iOS 7, I like the older version better. There's too many taps that I need to do just to see what's going on for the current day BUT, if you look on the notifications screen it helps a little because it tells you what's coming up during the day.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
What do you want in iOS 7.1? I personally would like the ability to change the control centre toggles and the plug in the battery to tell you when your device is fully charged like it used to do in iOS 6 and earlier.

Apple tweaked the percentages with iOS 7 to make it so the second it reads 100%, it is fully charged and the charger shuts off.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I would understand a Surface Pro but a Surface RT? Lol

The difference between an iPad and an RT is bigger than between an RT and a Pro. I don't need a tablet-laptop, I need a tablet that is more like a laptop than an iPod touch. It's not like the RT is even close to limited when compared to the iPad...

To understand the jump from iPad to Surface Pro 2 but laugh at the jump from iPad to Surface 2 is really strange.

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Rotherham South Yorkshire UK
Reading through this thread makes me so glad that I stayed on iOS 6.

Crap Calendar App
Crap Music App
Fisher Price Icons
Too much white.

If ever it all gets fixed I might just upgrade but I wont be holding my breath just in case.

And to all those saying BUY fantastical etc. Why should you have to spend money just because Apple made a mess of a perfectly good FREE calendar.
(This also applies to the Music App)

It wasn't broke Apple so you should have left it alone.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Reading through this thread makes me so glad that I stayed on iOS 6.

Crap Calendar App
Crap Music App
Fisher Price Icons
Too much white.

If ever it all gets fixed I might just upgrade but I wont be holding my breath just in case.

And to all those saying BUY fantastical etc. Why should you have to spend money just because Apple made a mess of a perfectly good FREE calendar.
(This also applies to the Music App)

It wasn't broke Apple so you should have left it alone.

I think you answered your own question there. ;)

Personally, I don't think Apple has ever put out a calendar app that wasn't crap. I prefer Week Cal (and it's $1 cheaper than Fantastical 2).

ibergu

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
What do you want in iOS 7.1? I personally would like the ability to change the control centre toggles and the plug in the battery to tell you when your device is fully charged like it used to do in iOS 6 and earlier.

I have a question about this: I noticed that after I've charged my phone, it says 100% but there is a lightning bolt to the right of the battery icon, which has traditionally meant it's still charging, and as Sparky2012 mentioned, the plug (indicating a full charge) never shows up. Is it supposed to be this way? Or is there a problem with my phone?

Thanks.

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Rotherham South Yorkshire UK
I think you answered your own question there. ;)

Personally, I don't think Apple has ever put out a calendar app that wasn't crap. I prefer Week Cal (and it's $1 cheaper than Fantastical 2).

With all due respect Sital you are still buying the app.
A good calendar app should be free as standard with the OS.
I wouldn't say the iOS 6 calendar was crap, it's a million times better than the iOS 7 one and is adequate.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I'd like to have an option to change all that bright white, into light gray for example. A dark theme would be nice also.
(I know I can inverse all colors, but that makes the screen complete black: too dark)

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
With all due respect Sital you are still buying the app.
A good calendar app should be free as standard with the OS.
I wouldn't say the iOS 6 calendar was crap, it's a million times better than the iOS 7 one and is adequate.

Oh, I realize that, and I agree that a good calendar app should come standard. And while the iOS 6 calendar app is better than the current version, I don't consider it good or adequate for my needs. Sure, I didn't want to have to buy a calendar app, but it is one of my most used apps so I got my money's worth.

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2009
There is no need to 'close' any app at all since none is open per se - they are frozen and don't take neither memory nor cpu. So this might never happen.

I realize that, but it's also annoying to have to scroll through 20+ apps when multitasking to try to find the one you want.

Crimson24

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have a question about this: I noticed that after I've charged my phone, it says 100% but there is a lightning bolt to the right of the battery icon, which has traditionally meant it's still charging, and as Sparky2012 mentioned, the plug (indicating a full charge) never shows up. Is it supposed to be this way? Or is there a problem with my phone?

Thanks.

I would love a couple of these things:

1. Battery percentage on the fifth generation iPod touch

2. Better RAM efficiency

3. Night mode (default background for all Apple apps black instead of white)

4. Better support for devices which sport the A5 chip (iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5G, iPad mini 1G, iPad 2).

2 and 4 are biggies. I own the fifth generation iPod touch and I can tell you my third generation iPod touch runs much faster on iOS 5, which was its last hurrah. This is the fifth's second go at iOS and at almost all times its 512MB of RAM is just not enough. I'm still trying to comprehend why Apple did not include 1GB of RAM in it. This is surely making various iPod touch buyers upset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.