Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm playing World of Warcraft.
I also play DayZ, but only with my bf, because I cant navigate in woods at all and also it is abit scary.
I sometimes play PUBG and World of Tanks.
What’s going on in World of Warcraft these days, any new expansions? I’ve sworn off World of tanks, but still active with World of Warships.

Nepera

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2017
What’s going on in World of Warcraft these days, any new expansions? I’ve sworn off World of tanks, but still active with World of Warships.
Well I focus mainly in m+ and it has been abit boring again, trying to pug 22+ keys is sometimes pain, because you can never know are the other players good / awake.
I lead heroic pug raids, I find it fun thing to do.
I sadly do not have time to do mythic raiding, there is few reasons to that.
I started my resto shaman 5 days ago and just today did heroic raid 8/9.

Reactions: Huntn

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I need a break from Starfield for a bit. Time to check back in on Street Fighter 6

Oh...oh my...A.K.I.'s coming at the end of the month. I can already tell the snake woman is gonna be fun.

What's more is her theme is an absolute toxic bop

WARNING!​

This character theme is highly poisonous. Prolonged exposure to Poisonous Passion will result in an acidic earworm, followed by:

• Loss of muscle tone
  • Lethargy
  • Dizziness
  • Visual impairment
  • Heavy eyelids
  • Intense thirst
  • Loss of speech
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Stomach distention
  • Breathing difficulty
  • then...respiratory failure
Now...here comes the airplane~

Street-Fighter-6---A.K.I.-Teaser-Trailer-0-48-screenshot-(1).png

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Sept 2023
  • Starfield- Bethesda blockbuster, off to a good start after some issues with my hardware, specifically a 4k monitor trying to drive this game. I mean my computer is not that shabby, i7 processor, RTX 4070 graphic card, and it was the 4X monitor trying to push double the pixels as compared to my older 2k monitor, which pushed me down to low graphic settings in the game across the board. The difference is so great that the 2k monitor elevated me into high and ultra settings.
  • Skyrim- Another Bethesda power house I had played 11 years ago, that I restarted a month ago. As good as I remember it.
  • World of Warships- My only PVP game still chugging along, playing this with my son on a regular basis. The advantage here is 15 minute battles, get in and out if you don’t have a lot of time. Technically I would not call it pay to win, but you might be compelled to subscribe, and buy a couple of premium ships.
  • Star citizen- This game is ahead of it’s time, grand in scope, but is not ready for prime time. I’ve tried it multiple times and it’s basically a lag fest. You’ll be logged in, but items will be missing, like it takes another 30 minutes for your inventory to show up, or you’ll be at the tram station, the tram shows up, the door opens, but there is no tram. Don’t step in! :) Once I made the mistake of stepping into an elevator that was not there . Oh it’s there, just not drawn in, and fell to my death. And sometimes it’s a struggle just to get out of my bunk (game start position), not because I don’t want to, the server won’t let me. And there always seem to be issues with glitchy servers. 🤔

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Well I focus mainly in m+ and it has been abit boring again, trying to pug 22+ keys is sometimes pain, because you can never know are the other players good / awake.
I lead heroic pug raids, I find it fun thing to do.
I sadly do not have time to do mythic raiding, there is few reasons to that.
I started my resto shaman 5 days ago and just today did heroic raid 8/9.
I played WoW on launch 2004 for a year, a most wonderful experience, hit the level cap 60, and said ok, what do I do now, even though I had multiple characters not yet at 60. I tried a 20 or was it 30 (?) person raid. It sucked, I twiddled my thumbs for an hour waiting for the raid group to assemble and the experience was just not enjoyable. After that with expansions, I came back 2 more times hoping to rekindle the love, but it just was not there. 🥲

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
  • Star citizen- This game is ahead of it’s time, grand in scope, but is not ready for prime time. I’ve tried it multiple times and it’s basically a lag fest. You’ll be logged in, but items will be missing, like it takes another 30 minutes for your inventory to show up, or you’ll be at the tram station, the tram shows up, the door opens, but there is no tram. Don’t step in! :) Once I made the mistake of stepping into an elevator that was not there . Oh it’s there, just not drawn in, and fell to my death. And sometimes it’s a struggle just to get out of my bunk (game start position), not because I don’t want to, the server won’t let me. And there always seem to be issues with glitchy servers. 🤔

There's a series on Youtube from a longtime Star Citizen backer that documents all the problems with Chris Roberts and Star Citizen's business model in general called Sunk Cost Galaxy. What was supposed to have been a simple multiplayer space game kept getting feature creeped because of the sheer amount of money they've been making from selling JPEGs of spaceships that aren't even finished or may never get finished. The game was supposed to have come out almost 8 years ago with just three modules: A single player space dogfighting game, a multiplayer space combat framework with first person shooter elements, and a space racing mode. But overtime it just kept getting feature creeped and delayed over and over again with vein promises of even more mechanics from exploring full planets and buying actual land on it. A lot of this stuff they're charging thousands of dollars for, one such spaceship package being 5 figures and including a dinner date with Chris Roberts I wish I was joking.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
There's a series on Youtube from a longtime Star Citizen backer that documents all the problems with Chris Roberts and Star Citizen's business model in general called Sunk Cost Galaxy. What was supposed to have been a simple multiplayer space game kept getting feature creeped because of the sheer amount of money they've been making from selling JPEGs of spaceships that aren't even finished or may never get finished. The game was supposed to have come out almost 8 years ago with just three modules: A single player space dogfighting game, a multiplayer space combat framework with first person shooter elements, and a space racing mode. But overtime it just kept getting feature creeped and delayed over and over again with vein promises of even more mechanics from exploring full planets and buying actual land on it. A lot of this stuff they're charging thousands of dollars for, one such spaceship package being 5 figures and including a dinner date with Chris Roberts I wish I was joking.

Star Citizen- It’s impossible for me to judge, however, the feature creep accusation could very well be the culprit. From my experience, the worse lag is in the central populated cities. I am no expert on this game, but in the persistent world, I know you can mine and make a lot of money. You can board NPC spaceships and liberate them from pirates along with other NPC populated targets, like caves. I’ve done those with my hand being held by a friend who might have paid $1k for the ingame ships he has bought. The Argo Mole, a large mining ship that can mine minerals or strip the skins off derelict space ships only cost $225, or is it $275? 🤔 It’s interior is the most impressive ship I have even stepped into in a game. I have the Avenger Titan that was gifted to me $60, Haul cargo, people or dog fight, but I have not personally verified it’s abilities. Just about every time I log in, the environment is a mess. 🫤

A094665B-8A0E-4EC3-BBE4-7C26D5F742B4.png
Avenger Titan​

I assume there is a space combat mode to fight other players, but I’ve not tried that. And in the persistent world, you can attack other players and if you prevail, take their ships, but be put on a bounty board, and know what it feels like to be hunted. The player will get their ships back, and you can also explore I think. 🤔

The cites feel huge by means of illusion, but there are only a couple of places to go, residential area which are just a glorified starting points, a commercial area with stores and bars, and the spaceport with hangers.

Last edited:

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Okay I might need to play Call of Duty again. With Modern Warfare III next month there's a lot of anticipation over the new campaign.

But more than that is it's October next month, Halloween season. And Call of Duty's Halloween seasons always bring out the best new content, starting with the return of Outbreak mode from Black Ops Cold War being added to Warzone to bring zombies content to Warzone.

But more than that is Halloween time is when Call of Duty brings out their best cosmetics. During Cold War's Halloween they had Ghost Face as a playable operator. During Vanguard it was Attack on Titan themed cosmetics. For this year's we got three packs. The first is a Doom themed weapon skin pack. The second is the Todd McFarlane’s spooky superhero Spawn as a playable operator

COD_S06_Spawn_3_MilSim.0.jpeg

Spawn looks funny having a tactical vest over his suit. But that's not the cosmetic that really stands out this Halloween. Instead the one that stands out is a character very near and dear to me. His name...is Alucard

Alucard from the legendary action anime series Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate is coming to Call of Duty as an operator, and good lord they nailed his look. My favorite guntouting one liner slinging ultraviolent vampire is coming, and he's singlehandedly making me wanna play again.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I don't know why it was never mentioned, by either the Devs or Apple.

Lies of P is officially on the Mac App Store. Apparently, it was available on launch. No Delays. 👀

Reactions: Irishman

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I don't know why it was never mentioned, by either the Devs or Apple.

Lies of P is officially on the Mac App Store. Apparently, it was available on launch. No Delays. 👀

Yeah we know from Homy's infamous WWDC thread. Unfortunately, it's ONLY on the Mac App Store. Eww. Yeah no thank you. If it was on Steam you would've had my attention but MAS is a no go.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The advantage of MacOS version would be that the Mac version does not have Denuvo Anti-Tamper, whereas the Steam version does.

The Decision to be only on the Mac App Store Vs Steam is either up to the devs or Apple. There are plenty of AAA titles such as Baldurs Gate III and Layers of Fear that have both MacOS and WIndows logo.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
The advantage of MacOS version would be that the Mac version does not have Denuvo Anti-Tamper, whereas the Steam version does.

The Decision to be only on the Mac App Store Vs Steam is either up to the devs or Apple. There are plenty of AAA titles such as Baldurs Gate III and Layers of Fear that have both MacOS and WIndows logo.

The thing is I need Steam versions since I own a Steam Deck. So if I had to choose between the ability to play a game on my Macbook Pro, or the ability to play it portably, I'll take the portably everytime. I don't want to rebuy a game I already own just to have the ability to play it on Mac which is why I really do not like MAS exclusivity. And this isn't even considering how terrible of a store the MAS is.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Totally agree. It’s a benefit for those who are solely MacOS bound and don’t own PCs or want to.

As someone with 10 hours of this particular game on PC, I also have no need to re-purchase.

only time I did was with Cyberpunk 2077

other then MAS, the only other option I see For owned PC games on Mac is through cloud. GeForce Now.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Speaking of Deck, let's take a break from the games and now to something new I picked up

As you know Steam is celebrating their 20th anniversary and with it comes a 20% discount on the Deck, but more importantly, it's official dock. So, I decided to get it.

IMG_9834.jpg

it's so cute and small

IMG_9837.jpg

And has a great selection of ports. 3 USB-As, an ethernet, and HDMI and DisplayPort

IMG_9838.jpg

That USB-C is for power

Anyway, I hooked it up and already put it to work

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9845.jpg

Oh my god desktop mode is so much better navigating on a mouse and keyboard. Don't get me wrong the trackpads and touch screen still work great, but if you gotta type a lot of stuff or do a lot of web searches (or in my case use the Terminal and move files around for..."fun things" 😉) then a keyboard is still better.

And now my Deck has a home now instead of just laying around in random places around the house while I let it charge.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Speaking of Deck, let's take a break from the games and now to something new I picked up

As you know Steam is celebrating their 20th anniversary and with it comes a 20% discount on the Deck, but more importantly, it's official dock. So, I decided to get it.

IMG_9834.jpg

it's so cute and small

IMG_9837.jpg

And has a great selection of ports. 3 USB-As, an ethernet, and HDMI and DisplayPort

IMG_9838.jpg

That USB-C is for power

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9845.jpg

Oh my god desktop mode is so much better navigating on a mouse and keyboard. Don't get me wrong the trackpads and touch screen still work great, but if you gotta type a lot of stuff or do a lot of web searches (or in my case use the Terminal and move files around for..."fun things" 😉) then a keyboard is still better.

And now my Deck has a home now instead of just laying around in random places around the house while I let it charge.
Love the desk stuff everywhere LOL...

Got four computers on mine, numerous SSD's/HDD's, 3 to 4 high end digital music players, more IEM's, couple of speakers, endless wires/interconnects. I like my mess, nothing wrong with a little chaos :)

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn and Irishman

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Love the desk stuff everywhere LOL...

Got four computers on mine, numerous SSD's/HDD's, 3 to 4 high end digital music players, more IEM's, couple of speakers, endless wires/interconnects. I like my mess, nothing wrong with a little chaos :)

Q-6

I know my desk is a mess of gadgets, especially behind the monitor it's loaded with spaghetti. I dunno if you can see my Wii U in the back.

But I got my Mac to the side of me playing media as I play, and now my Deck is front and center, and now I got another charger by my bedside

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Huntn and Queen6

salamanderjuice

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2020

IMG_9834.jpg

it's so cute and small

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg

That USB-C is for power

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9845.jpg

I found the official dock pretty disappointing. It doesn't do 1440p @ 144Hz through DisplayPort and power passthrough is capped at 45W (which is annoying if you want to use it with a laptop). I ended up sticking with my random 3rd party dock which does do 1440p @ 144Hz and 100W power passthrough. It's only really worth it if you need the extra power supply for some reason.

Reactions: bousozoku

Queen6

macrumors G4
I know my desk is a mess of gadgets, especially behind the monitor it's loaded with spaghetti. I dunno if you can see my Wii U in the back.

But I got my Mac to the side of me playing media as I play, and now my Deck is front and center, and now I got another charger by my bedside
Busy minds and all :) Same here is just organic in nature. I tidy it up and let grow back LOL...

Q-6

Queen6

macrumors G4
World in Conflict: Complete Edition
Very decent RTS with graphics that still stands up today. If into Cold War real time tactics this a great game and one of the few where tactical nuclear weapons are an active part of the gameplay if you choose so or push the opponent too far.

Have a few mods installed to boost the game, equally it doesn't really need. Plays well on both W10 & W11, some interesting scenario's in the campaign and somewhat unusually you play across both sides, majority being NATO. Thankfully a war that never occurred...

Q-6

Last edited:

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Finished Lies of P a few days ago, a very competent soulslike IMO.
Looks like I'll try Code Vein next...

Ooo I loved Code Vein. One of my favorite Anime Souls games. Nothing like a nice tall glass of blood to start your morning. (We really need more games where we play as vampires.)

If you want another fun anime souls there's Little Witch Nobeta. It's super cute and humorous, but most of all really well designed. It's the perfect casual fun Soulsborne game.

Queen6

macrumors G4
SWAT 4: Gold Edition - SWAT: Elite Force
SWAT4 is one of the best tactical shooters ever produced, significantly improved by the SWAT: Elate Force mod. If your into the genre and not played your missing out on a lot. Tactics matter, the real challenge is to clear the levels without killing anyone while also not getting hurt yourselves.

SWAT: Back To Los Angeles
SWAT: Elite Force and now SWAT: Back to Los Angeles is arguably, the best way to play SWAT 4 nowadays. Since its source code has been released to the public, the community has been working on their own visions for the game/mod. Back To Los Angeles is inspired by SWAT 3, taking big influence on its aesthetics, setting and gameplay.

Both can be played online for those that want :) Join the Discord server (link in the mods) as this can help with any set up issues for online play.

n.b. SWAT 4 Gold Edition required. Recommend from GOG as is the simplest install for the mods.

Q-6

Last edited:

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
SWAT 4: Gold Edition - SWAT: Elite Force
SWAT4 is one of the best tactical shooters ever produced, significantly improved by the SWAT: Elate Force mod. If your into the genre and not played your missing out on a lot. Tactics matter, the real challenge is to clear the levels without killing anyone while also not getting hurt yourselves.

SWAT: Back To Los Angeles
SWAT: Elite Force is, arguably, the best way to play SWAT 4 nowadays and since its source code has been released to the public, the community has been working on their own visions for the mod/game. Back To Los Angeles is a mod inspired by SWAT 3, taking big influence on its aesthetics, setting and gameplay.

n.b. SWAT 4 Gold Edition required.

Q-6

If you love SWAT 4 have you tried Ready or Not? It's a spiritual successor to the SWAT series and it goes even harder.

Reactions: Queen6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.