Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen6

macrumors G4
If you love SWAT 4 have you tried Ready or Not? It's a spiritual successor to the SWAT series and it goes even harder.
Thx, I'm aware of Ready or Not, game is still in early access so I'll stick with modified SWAT 4. Will take a lot more than just graphics to pass Elite Force & Back to Los Angeles as it's all about the gameplay with me.

Beauty of SWAT 4 and it's mod's is that it's fully realised Elite Force is complete and Back to Los Angeles well on the way :cool: As Ready or Not completes and matures no doubt I'll have a good look as it is very much the spiritual successor to SWAT 4. Another good mod for SWAT 4 is SEF First Responders which is making good progress.

Q-6

Reactions: glant20 and Huntn

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I got quite the treat for you today. Coming November 2nd is possibly a surprise top 10 game of the year, a game that no one knew they wanted so badly. Allow me to present: Robocop Rogue City

Rogue City is a open world Robocop FPS, created by AA studio Teyon responsible for Terminator Resistance, a Terminator FPS with a cultlike following. But Rogue City is their biggest release yet, and the one that caught everyone by surprise. They recently just dropped a demo that anyone can play on PC and...

Yeah...the game is good. Like, stupidly good. You can tell that the developers at Teyon are big Robocop fans as the game is seriously faithful to the IP. They even got Peter Weller to come back and voice Robocop. Robocop plays exactly as you expect, you're big, slow, but very powerful. You just take all your typical FPS conventions, and throw them out the window. Since you're Robocop, all the guns have ZERO RECOIL. You can just go in and start blasting, using your targeting scanner to pinpoint weak points on dirtbags and fire. Hiding behind cover? Who needs that when you're a big walking refrigerator? You can take so much damage that getting shot is a minor inconvenience. Just walk up slowly to them and PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE. Or grab them and throw them at others. Or just grab random objects around the world and throw them, like a CRT to electrocute a thug. Enemies are designed around the fact you are Robocop, as many of them wear armor to protect key weak points. Like one would wear a helmet making them immune from headshots, but not immune to nutshots

But it isn't all just shooting bad guys. You are still a police officer after all, so the game is full of cop things to do. There's massive Deus Ex style districts to explore, full of lots of people to talk to and side quests to do, even small stuff like just writing parking tickets on illegally parked cars gets you XP to spend on skills. For example in the police station there's one quest where the officer running the complaints help desk is overwhelmed, so you help him out by opening a second line and taking the complaints that come your way. One of them is a wanted criminal who came to turn himself in thinking he would get the reward money. The humor is so fun and stupid, just like the actual Robocop movies.

The story of the game takes place inbetween the events of Robocop 2 and 3. There's a new crime wave sweeping Old Detroit as a mysterious new wealthy crime boss only known as "the New Guy" has come to Old Detroit, and now every gang is wanting to work for him. The game opens with one of the gangs called the Torchheads taking over a television news broadcast to advertise their services to the New Guy, and the first mission is you going in alone into the Channel 9 TV Station to rescue the hostages and kill all the Torchheads inside. You'll be on a crusade to stop any crime you see and get to the bottom of the New Guy crisis, while also dealing with the human side of Murphy. Your choices you make matter as you investigate crimes and talk to citizens you gotta choose between upholding the law or serving the public trust

Play the demo now. It's massive. It took me two hours to beat it and I haven't even done all the side quests available as they included a full district to explore.

Last edited:

glant20

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
I got quite the treat for you today. Coming November 2nd is possibly a surprise top 10 game of the year, a game that no one knew they wanted so badly. Allow me to present: Robocop Rogue City

Rogue City is a open world Robocop FPS, created by AA studio Teyon responsible for Terminator Resistance, a Terminator FPS with a cultlike following. But Rogue City is their biggest release yet, and the one that caught everyone by surprise. They recently just dropped a demo that anyone can play on PC and...

Yeah...the game is good. Like, stupidly good. You can tell that the developers at Teyon are big Robocop fans as the game is seriously faithful to the IP. They even got Peter Weller to come back and voice Robocop. Robocop plays exactly as you expect, you're big, slow, but very powerful. You just take all your typical FPS conventions, and throw them out the window. Since you're Robocop, all the guns have ZERO RECOIL. You can just go in and start blasting, using your targeting scanner to pinpoint weak points on dirtbags and fire. Hiding behind cover? Who needs that when you're a big walking refrigerator? You can take so much damage that getting shot is a minor inconvenience. Just walk up slowly to them and PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE. Or grab them and throw them at others. Or just grab random objects around the world and throw them, like a CRT to electrocute a thug. Enemies are designed around the fact you are Robocop, as many of them wear armor to protect key weak points. Like one would wear a helmet making them immune from headshots, but not immune to nutshots

But it isn't all just shooting bad guys. You are still a police officer after all, so the game is full of cop things to do. There's massive Deus Ex style districts to explore, full of lots of people to talk to and side quests to do, even small stuff like just writing parking tickets on illegally parked cars gets you XP to spend on skills. For example in the police station there's one quest where the officer running the complaints help desk is overwhelmed, so you help him out by opening a second line and taking the complaints that come your way. One of them is a wanted criminal who came to turn himself in thinking he would get the reward money. The humor is so fun and stupid, just like the actual Robocop movies.

The story of the game takes place inbetween the events of Robocop 2 and 3. There's a new crime wave sweeping Old Detroit as a mysterious new wealthy crime boss only known as "the New Guy" has come to Old Detroit, and now every gang is wanting to work for him. The game opens with one of the gangs called the Torchheads taking over a television news broadcast to advertise their services to the New Guy, and the first mission is you going in alone into the Channel 9 TV Station to rescue the hostages and kill all the Torchheads inside. You'll be on a crusade to stop any crime you see and get to the bottom of the New Guy crisis, while also dealing with the human side of Murphy. Your choices you make matter as you investigate crimes and talk to citizens you gotta choose between upholding the law or serving the public trust

Play the demo now. It's massive. It took me two hours to beat it and I haven't even done all the side quests available as they included a full district to explore.
Game look amazing

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Game look amazing
The model animation is very stiff, I am not seeing stutters, but then again I am running everything at max and only hitting 58fps or so (3440x1440). It turned on FSR by default (turned that right off) and I turned off motion blur.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Game look amazing

Yeah the game has so much detail in it. The police station layout especially, modeling it not just after scenes from the movie, but like it's a real police station, complete with a indoor shooting range, desks with officers everywhere, the help desk at the front, equipment storage, even holding cells. One of the sidequests is to carry a heavily intoxicated man into the drunk tank, in which Robocop gently places him onto a bed and just says "sleep tight."

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Okay I might need to play Call of Duty again. With Modern Warfare III next month there's a lot of anticipation over the new campaign.

But more than that is it's October next month, Halloween season. And Call of Duty's Halloween seasons always bring out the best new content, starting with the return of Outbreak mode from Black Ops Cold War being added to Warzone to bring zombies content to Warzone.

But more than that is Halloween time is when Call of Duty brings out their best cosmetics. During Cold War's Halloween they had Ghost Face as a playable operator. During Vanguard it was Attack on Titan themed cosmetics. For this year's we got three packs. The first is a Doom themed weapon skin pack. The second is the Todd McFarlane’s spooky superhero Spawn as a playable operator

COD_S06_Spawn_3_MilSim.0.jpeg

Spawn looks funny having a tactical vest over his suit. But that's not the cosmetic that really stands out this Halloween. Instead the one that stands out is a character very near and dear to me. His name...is Alucard

Alucard from the legendary action anime series Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate is coming to Call of Duty as an operator, and good lord they nailed his look. My favorite guntouting one liner slinging ultraviolent vampire is coming, and he's singlehandedly making me wanna play again.

Following up on this I did buy Alucard. They got his same voice actor from Hellsing Ultimate and it's AMAZING! It really is him in every way. They did him perfectly

But that's not all I got. I also got the Doom Tracer Pack as well because it's been making waves because of how ABSOLUTELY BROKEN IT IS

Shotguns are already meta in CoD right now since they kill so quickly in 1-2 shots, but the Super Shotgun takes the cake. On paper it's just a skin for the Lockwood shotgun, but in practice, this ain't a skin, this is a whole new gun. You cannot equip any attachments to it whatsoever, and it has an exclusive attachment already connected to it that makes it fire two shots at once. In function, it's a 1:1 port of the original Super Shotgun from Doom 2, even having absurdly long range. You don't have to aim with it at all, just point forward and fire, and boom they're dead. The weapon even has unique damage values and special mechanics to it that greatly reduces the framerate of your character's animations while it's equipped to emulate the feeling of the original Doom games, which is making many spout hackusations lol

I love this thing so much. So many CoD kids are learning the true power of the Super Shotgun and boom shoot games in a nutshell. The fact it's Alucard himself using the shotgun too makes it even more metal

OIP.yfCQ53eqf8Ix1rZndxMmsAHaH-

Honestly makes me want a Call of Duty game that plays like a boomer shooter.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Was only ever a matter of time :cool: As we approach All Hallows' Eve time for something steeped in atmosphere.
ss_gianf_10-23-23_08-44-01_(l01_escape).png

Radiophobia-3-Version-1.11.13 Looking good, little more of everything; graphics, audio, optimisation. Nicely done with just a quick spin around the Loners village. Mod's also released a hotfix for those that want an easier play by reducing the spawn rates of mutants & NPC's. Good move as new players can get frustrated/overwhelmed and the difficulty levels in SOC doesn't make for big changes. Radiophobia 3 is a free full game as the OG games are opensource.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Heart of Chernobyl has a lot to live up to with this quality of gameplay as just flashy graphics wont cut it with this crowd...:)

There's now another mod you can stack on top pf Radiophobia 3 that's working on replacing all the textures and some of the audio.
Looking very promising...

Q-6

Reactions: Huntn

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Good news everyone! BHVR Interactive got the licensing for Stranger Things back! So Steve, Nancy, and the Demogorgon are back in Dead by Daylight!

For those who didn't know, Stranger Things was added to Dead by Daylight back in mid 2019. The chapter added the Demogorgon as the killer with the power to place portals to the Upside Down around the map and use the portals to quickly teleport around, as well as a lunge attack that can destroy pallets and hit survivors. Steve and Nancy were also added as survivors, and the map Hawkins Laboratory was added.

However in late 2021, it was announced that Netflix pulled the licensing so the Stranger Things DLC and cosmetics would be delisted from all storefronts, and Hawkins Lab no longer playable. Those who owned the DLC could still play as the characters. This was a big deal as before the Resident Evil chapters, Stranger Things was the most popular licensed DLC Dead by Daylight ever had, even more popular than the recent Alien chapter. People would start selling accounts that had the Stranger Things DLC for hundreds of dollars.

But now at long last, Netflix realized how stupid of a move that was to do, and they worked out a new deal with BHVR, so now the license is back and so is the whole gang.

As a sidenote, that's not all DBD got. They added a new legendary skin for the game's mascot The Trapper, transforming him into one of BHVR's old characters, the character that would later set the foundation for Dead by Daylight: The stuffing filled slasher villain NAUGHTY BEAR!

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn and Queen6

Queen6

macrumors G4
For fans of SWAT 3 & 4, the mod's SWAT 4 Elite Force & Back to Los Angeles this is a must watch...
Touches on Ready or Not. A lot of interesting dialogue that pans out in game. A deep reaching examination of why SWAT has endured and continues to be so very compelling to play to this day.

Be warned spoilers, some missions are best to go in blind...

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

Queen6

macrumors G4
About halfway through Deliver Us Mars. Has better graphics than the first game and new mechanics. Not bad for an indie release from a small dev team. Same as it's predecessor Deliver Us Mars is very much a narrative heavy game. Some puzzle work, light combat (Deliver Us the Moon, Deliver Us Mars yet to see), lot of exploration & environmental storytelling which I like.
Screenshot 2023-11-28 052751.png

So far preferring the storyline of the first game, while the second is grander in scope all around. I can see what the dev's were aiming for, but for me it doesn't work. The isolation of the first protagonist, his single mindedness to complete the mission against the odds & time in the context of the backstory made for a compelling play.
Screenshot 2023-11-27 031239.png

Deliver Us Mars not so much as the game has two interwoven story-line's, one I find a little irritating at times. To expand would only result in spoilers and TBH likely a matter of taste. Still both are decent for their genre and playout in a relaxed fashion, just dont go in expecting AAA the likes of Prey (2017).

Done & dusted. Deliver Us Mars storyline did pickup in the last act, but still of the same mind in preferring Deliver Us the Moon. All the same, some up's and down's as the narrative expands and more is revealed to ultimately conclude the adventure. Given how cheaply the games are on sale best bet is to play both as the narrative follows on from Deliver Us the Moon, equally Deliver Us Mars can be played in isolation.

Q-6

Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I'm about 75 hours into Cyberpunk 2077 with Phantom Liberty, playing on Steam Deck. I blasted through this game (mostly main quest) on release in 2020 on my gaming laptop, and am simply astounded with everything - I have it on medium settings getting 60fps solid, am playing through *everything* in detail, and it is just a stunning experience even compared with my memories.

• Love
Reactions: bousozoku and Huntn

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Lately I've been back on Call of Duty Black Ops 3 to play Zombies for no particular reason, especially nothing involving Modern Warfare III's joke of a Zombies mode...

There's been a lot of really good custom maps lately. A couple guys are making fanmade remasters of Die Rise and Buried, but sometimes it's just great to turn your brain off and play some Nightmare on Kermit Street

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Finally got around to playing Warhammer 40K Space Marine. I'm playing it on my Steam Deck.

GOOD LORD HOW HAVE I NOT PLAYED THIS BEFORE?! This game is incredible. You really feel the might of being an Ultramarine. No hiding behind cover like in Gears of War. You're a Space Marine, you don't need cover. YOU ARE THE COVER.

Being a beacon of hope for the Imperial Guardsmen to retake the Forge World Graia and the arm of the Emperor cutting through hordes of Orks with your chainsword.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm about 75 hours into Cyberpunk 2077 with Phantom Liberty, playing on Steam Deck. I blasted through this game (mostly main quest) on release in 2020 on my gaming laptop, and am simply astounded with everything - I have it on medium settings getting 60fps solid, am playing through *everything* in detail, and it is just a stunning experience even compared with my memories.
Got sidetracked by Starfield which I’m still playing, that’s next on my list…

Reactions: txa1265

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
PC release isn't announced yet, so probably RTX 60 series :p

Yeah PC version is probably gonna be 2026 knowing Rockstar how they always release the PC version a year after console since they know PC players will have mad fomo and will double dip easily

Good thing I have a PS5 as a just in case scenario

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.