Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danysh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Hello my name is Danny and I am new to the world of Apple. I've bought an iPad and I would like you to advise me to buy Leather case.
thanks

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Clarify what you specifically mean by "best". What specific features are you looking for? What style of leather case? Provide examples of what you like and what you don't like. Specify a budget. Never assume that your preferences are universal. If there was one universally best leather case then everyone that wanted a leather case would use that one case.

danysh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Clarify what you specifically mean by "best". What specific features are you looking for? What style of leather case? Provide examples of what you like and what you don't like. Specify a budget. Never assume that your preferences are universal. If there was one universally best leather case then everyone that wanted a leather case would use that one case.

I want a cover to protect the screen and if it falls not break my iPad. Also serves as a stand as the Smart Cover. my budget is at most 150$ Thanks for the answers

thorn73

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
This is the best leather case I have ever used or been around. This is real top grain leather and it will require some break in time but it is very good. Vaja is just cheap junk in comparison. I have had a couple vaja cases for my iPhone and within 6 months they both fell part. This won't do that and is guaranteed for 100 years.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/iPad-Case?sc=8&category=1290

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
This is the best leather case I have ever used or been around. This is real top grain leather and it will require some break in time but it is very good. Vaja is just cheap junk in comparison. I have had a couple vaja cases for my iPhone and within 6 months they both fell part. This won't do that and is guaranteed for 100 years.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/iPad-Case?sc=8&category=1290

That thing looks like it weighs about as much as holding up 3 iPads and no offense but that covered bezel is awful.

thorn73

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
That thing looks like it weighs about as much as holding up 3 iPads and no offense but that covered bezel is awful.

I wasn't big on the covered bezel until I held it and tried it. It does add a little weight but if you want real quality leather it's going to add weight no matter what case you get. I am sure it's not for everybody but I like it and get a ton of compliments on it.

Gol27

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
I wasn't big on the covered bezel until I held it and tried it. It does add a little weight but if you want real quality leather it's going to add weight no matter what case you get. I am sure it's not for everybody but I like it and get a ton of compliments on it.

+1 for the saddleback leather.

I have both the vaja an the saddleback. I find my self using the saddleback more as the iPad feels practically invincible when it's inside! The vaja is a beautiful case put offers little in terms of protection.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I use the Ipad 2 version of this case:

http://www.amazon.com/PDair-Black-Leather-Apple-Generation/dp/B004UCSRT0

The leather is top notch. The whole case feels great when you are holding it. Yes, some of the bezel is covered. I've gotten used to it, and realize it keeps the front cover off the screen when closed, so might help a bit in reducing smudges and oils from getting on the screen. What is a bit unusual is that the inside of the front cover is smooth leather (as opposed to the usual microfiber, suede, etc.). Really prefer this when holding the case while open. It is a lot more comfortable.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
My guess is you'll find many positive comments about the PielFrama cases. I never had one, but they sure look very good.
I've had several Vaja cases (not the iPad though), and I've always been very happy with them as well. Snug fit, quality leather, very durable. My iPhone case looks as good as new, after 3 years of usage.

The saddlebag is not exactly my thing. It's a bit too much of everything IMHO.

About the cases that use the Apple SmartCover concept: they may be limited to just two viewing angles (typing and semi vertical). After having used my Apple smart cover for about a year, I definitely needed more. So personally, I wouldn't get any of those myself.

Here's mine FWIW

Oh, and I do love those Coach cases.

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
Piel Frama. I have one each for my iPad 1 and 3. I swear by them in terms of quality, feel, and protection (sides, back, and all 4 corners).

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
I like the StilGut Ultraslim, it's a very nice looking case as well as functional. Personally I don't like the cases that cover the bezel.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
If you are just looking for a nice and simple good leather case, look at Sena. I have the Sena Florence Folio and it is quite nice and the leather is quite good. Not quite as cowboy looking as the saddleback.

Last edited:

danysh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
I have already ordered my new Piel Frama case, have when I upload a photo
thanks for all

danysh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
hi all, this is my new Piel Frama Case. Thank you all for helping me choose the best case
This is the presentation, a nice box of good quality
img0994p.th.jpg

The box contains a wonderful cover, a chamois leather
img0995e.th.jpg

This is the front, imitating the crocodile. Fantastic!
img0998v.th.jpg

Back, with the hole for the camera
img0997f.th.jpg

This is my iPadwith my new cover
img0999rg.th.jpg

So stand to see the TV or movies
img0996r.th.jpg

In conclusion:
The cover is amazing. Opening the box gives off a smell of skin. It has taken about 10 days to go. I am thinking of buying a Iphone cover in this shop.

Thank you all, if you have any questions, here I am

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
A couple of interest to me are . . .

A couple I am considering at the moment, since I do not like to cover the bezel, are:

Knomo

Melko Slimme

But for now my favorite is a leather smartcover with an incipio smart feather back.

Last edited:

Scottyee

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I LOVE my Muzetto Black Leather + Green Trim iPad Bag.
I especially appreciate its messenger bag style simplicity, making it so convenient to take my iPad in and out quickly without having to deal with snaps or zippers. this Waterfield bag has an elegant simplicity like Apple products are famous for. Admittedly pricey, but if can afford it, it's build quality (craftsmanship) and fine attention to detail well are well worth the money spent.

Watch: YouTube Video of: 10" Waterfield Muzetto Bag, by San Francisco Bags

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.