Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
+1 for Saddleback. The UPS guy brought mine an hour ago and it's fantastic. When closed, it's really no thicker than the neoprene sleeve that I had previously kept my iPad in.

Reactions: michaelk7

michaelk7

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
Texas
JMOuntain,

I'm with you on the Saddleback case. It's simply a beautiful sturdy piece of work. I have second thoughts on my color choice. Perhaps I should have bought the darker leather as opposed to the tan tobacco.

Enjoy your case!

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
Sena is also pretty good. Genuine leather at a very affordable price. But if at all possible, Piel Frama from Spain is at the top in my opinion.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
That thing looks like it weighs about as much as holding up 3 iPads and no offense but that covered bezel is awful.
Another +1 for the Saddleback Leather iPad 3rd Gen Case.

Simply the finest piece of leather I've ever touched. It takes class to want this case. I realize that it is not for everyone, but if you like to carry fine things, Saddleback fits the bill very nicely.

ziffos

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2009
East Coast of UK
YOOBAO Executive for me - look fantastic - smell gorgeous - work perfectly and don't cost "an arm and a leg" :eek:

Just Google or Amazon - you will not regret it.

CHSeifert

macrumors 6502
I use an Vaja Sp Top for my iPad - because all the Pielframas I've seen cover the frame and I don't like that.

BUT I use the Pielframa iMagnum case for my Ip4s and IP5 - because it's the best leather case I've ever held in my hands and it snugs fit like a glove.

Jane333

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Michigan USA
The Piel Frama is really nice, but so expensive! I have an apple smart cover and a Sena UltraSlim which fits over the smart cover perfectly. I had a coupon for the Sena so I spent about $80 total for both. I love the Sena because the profile is so sleek and the smart cover serves as a stand.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I have an apple smart cover and a Sena UltraSlim which fits over the smart cover perfectly. I had a coupon for the Sena so I spent about $80 total for both. I love the Sena because the profile is so sleek and the smart cover serves as a stand.

To me this is the absolute best combo for those who want to keep the ipad sleek without adding a to much weight. My question though is how is the Sena back? Is it beging to crack in the corners? (common issue with plastic backs)

michaelk7

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
Texas
Purchased the Saddleback a couple of months ago. After using it then keeping it in my San Francisco Muzetto bag I have been unhappy with the case. It is a bit too bulky and too tight. You must really pull and grasp the iPad a couple of times to pull it out of the Saddleback. Two straps pushing through four inlets very time consuming when I'm in a hurry also.

Others may enjoy theirs I wanted to give my thoughts. With it worn and sort of scratched I know it will not sell for much on Ebay.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
The nicest I could find is the Spigen SGP Leinwand:
the_new_ipad_leinwand_black_photo.jpg
the_new_ipad_leinwand_brown_photo.jpg

It retains the basic idea of the Smart Case while being completely leather.

Byeen

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
I bought this one and it looks amazing ! You can use it also with smart cover ;)
It's bramante1928 leather hunter brown envelope.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 179
  • ipev10ch1101br_4_1.jpg
    ipev10ch1101br_4_1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

monkey186

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2011
I bought this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007D0MMMY/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers&tag=5336090759-21

It is the only case i found which has minimal bezel, and is leather everywhere, inside and outside. It is also pretty slim!

The other consideration which I like about this case is it uses the outside of the case as a stand. Apple smartcovers when folded and used as a stand expose the underside to the elements - dust, dirt, stickiness or whatever else is on the surface on which you place your ipad. And then when you roll the cover back some of that dust, dirt etc is transferred directly onto your ipad screen...

Last edited:

amymany

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
i like the TS-case Croco Leather ipad case

Attachments

• ts-case_croco_leather_ipad_2_case_red.jpg
    ts-case_croco_leather_ipad_2_case_red.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 289
  • ts-case_croco_leather_ipad_case_red.jpg
    ts-case_croco_leather_ipad_case_red.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 175

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I have had 4 Piel Frama cases and the first one still looks as good as the last one. Impeccably styled with great construction. You can get them in leather, Croc or Ostrich in a bunch of different colors.

Piel Frama

aznsmith

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2009
i'm kinda surprised that no one mentioned the twelve south bookbook case.
http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_ipad/

I don't own their ipad case, however, I do own their iphone case, which is awesome in quality.

I'm thinking about getting a new ipad case due to mine falling apart...it'll probably be between the saddleback and the bookbook case.
I'm sure the saddleback will probably last several ipad generations if they keep a similar form factor.

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
i'm kinda surprised that no one mentioned the twelve south bookbook case.
http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_ipad/

I don't own their ipad case, however, I do own their iphone case, which is awesome in quality.

I'm thinking about getting a new ipad case due to mine falling apart...it'll probably be between the saddleback and the bookbook case.
I'm sure the saddleback will probably last several ipad generations if they keep a similar form factor.

The BookBook looks great, but some reviews say it's a bit too tight for the 3rd gen. iPad (and obviously the 4th), which prevents the leather covering the top and bottom bezel from laying flat against the iPad's surface. I've seen that in photos.

----------

I just got my new case. I wanted to give it a try because I loved its outlook. When I received it, I thought it's really out of expectation. One word to describe - PERFECT.

http://evioconcepts.com/versabook.html

This looks like a nice case, especially for the money. Does it add much thickness or weight to the iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.