Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
what a stupid movie …
Argylle
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 09.55.35.png

Reactions: Pezimak and Huntn
View attachment 2357067

A wild film, funny, brilliant film, but Emma Stone is absolutely amazing! She really has some great acting skills. Shame she didn’t get the Oscar for her performance, I think she derived it. Ruthalow is also good too. Emma’s acting kept me hooked beyond the films oddities.
ruffalo's a clown - right up there with de niro and leo

Reactions: obeygiant and Huntn

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
Going to watch Dune 2 for the second time tomorrow.

Just rewatched Dune 1 again. I remembered the basic plot points, but I think going in with a refresh will really help me enjoy it more this time around.

No more worms for a while after this.

Reactions: mtbdudex and Huntn
I was intrigued by this one, I'll wait for it to be on a streaming platform before watching if it's that bad, think it's coming to Prime?
Going to watch The Bee Keeper later as it's in streaming here in the UK. I expect the usual Statham film.
the bee keeper is indeed the usual jase statham movie - good w/o being great.
rather hammy but the man sure is fit though 💪
(envious much) ;)

Reactions: Pezimak

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
(envious much) ;)

Haha, I’m sure he has an army of personal trainers though. I’d love for them to make another Hobbs and Shaw film before Idris gets too old lol.

zkap

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2019
View attachment 2357067

A wild film, funny, brilliant film, but Emma Stone is absolutely amazing! She really has some great acting skills. Shame she didn’t get the Oscar for her performance, I think she deserved it. Ruthalow is also good too. Emma’s acting kept me hooked beyond the films oddities.

Saw your post and watched this today with my wife. We enjoyed the movie and above all Emma Stone. What an actress.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Idris' character, which is neither Hobbs nor Shaw, was killed at the end of the movie...

Ah, but remember he is some kind of cyborg thing, so never say never with that kind of thing. But a sequel would be nice, not sure if ne is going to come though, maybe after they’ve finished with Fast and Furious?

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
(envious much) ;)

I watched it and it was a throughly enjoyable action flick. Great stunts. Well done too. I’d call it an extremely good Statham film.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Saw Dune 2 last Friday with my friend Kevin , seeing it tonight for 2nd time with my 17 yr old son.
It’s that good, epic movie.
1244ff666c8a7b89a8908baae0d70e1a.jpg

Yes, I also saw the original Star Wars 3 times in the cinema back in 1977.
And bought the original comics in store then also, still have them
f069fa4bba217f60ec93b385ad926c48.jpg

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Last night I watched the latest M. Night Shyamalan movie, that I didn’t know of:

1710077205927.jpeg

The premise is interesting, and the movie is pretty enjoyable but… a bit predictable. Honestly, I was expecting a bit more of the final twist, if we can call it a twist because, as I said, it’s very predictable towards the end. Honestly, I wouldn’t say it’s one of his best movies, but I enjoyed it.

But it’s Shyamalan. Brilliant at moments, but predictable as well. I love his films tho.

I liked the acting of the little girl (Kristen Cui) and, especially, the big guy from GotG (Dave Bautista).

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.