Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
I watched Anatomy of a Fall the other day. I never thought I could be so enveloped in what is primarily a legal drama, but the acting was phenomenal. The movie felt more like a documentary of a real trial than a dramatization.

Reactions: Huntn

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
schumacher

Reactions: Huntn and Queen6

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Just watched one of my favorites : Rear Window. Love Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly is woman perfection. Great movie.
I saw this movie for the first time in my life two months ago (I forgot to post it here) and I liked the movie very much. Especially… Grace Kelly. I had never seen a movie with her, and I was absolutely obliterated by her charm and beauty. Jimmy Stewart does also a good job.

IfI recall correctly, it was one of the first movies filmed in Panavision? And Technicolor of course.

However, even though the first 2/3 of the movie are pretty engaging with the thriller building up, I found the resolution of the film a bit rushed and not very satisfying. I mean, is there finally a murder or not? I was all the film thinking it was just his imagination, but apparently it wasn’t? And it’s all explained in one sentence with the Police when he’s fallen from the window? Yeah, I know someone (the alleged murderer) went to his apartment, but unarmed, and understandably upset because someone is spying on him and accusing him of murder

As I said, a bit rushed and confusing towards the end, but a great classic nonetheless.

BTW: I think my favorite film from Hitchcock is North by Northwest, and because it’s been long ago that I saw it (years ago) I think I should re-watch it.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
I saw this movie for the first time in my life two months ago (I forgot to post it here) and I liked the movie very much. Especially… Grace Kelly. I had never seen a movie with her, and I was absolutely obliterated by her charm and beauty. Jimmy Stewart does also a good job.

If I recall correctly, it was one of the first movies filmed in Panavision? And Technicolor of course.

However, even though the first 2/3 of the movie are pretty engaging with the thriller building up, I found the resolution of the film a bit rushed and not very satisfying. I mean, is there finally a murder or not? I was all the film thinking it was just his imagination, but apparently it wasn’t? And it’s all explained in one sentence with the Police when he’s fallen from the window? Yeah, I know someone (the alleged murderer) went to his apartment, but unarmed, and understandably upset because someone is spying on him and accusing him of murder

As I said, a bit rushed and confusing towards the end, but a great classic nonetheless.

BTW: I think my favorite film from Hitchcock is North by Northwest, and because it’s been long ago that I saw it (years ago) I think I should re-watch it.
North by Northwest is tied with TTWH at #1 for me.

But honestly, I really like most of, if not all of, Hitchcock's films.

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
Great film!

Are you a Hitchcock fan in general?

If so have you ever seen The Trouble With Harry?

Congrats to Emma Stone!
I have not seen The Trouble With Harry and yes, I am a Hitchcock fan. I will certainly make an effort to watch that film.

As for the the other post about the ending being rushed...Grace Kelly goes into Lars' (Raymond Burr) apartment and finds his wife's wedding ring. She is arrested but shows Jimmy Stewart that she has the ring and Burr sees her showing him. Stewart is able to call his friend in the PD to get Grace out of jail and told him he had proof of the murder before Burr comes into Jimmy's apt. and attacks him and the PD arrives in time. It was a bit rushed because then Burr gives a full confession that answers all the questions the viewers might have, which was a little hinky.
Overall, a great film; especially since Jimmy Stewart killed it and it was from sitting in a wheelchair the entire movie. BIG Grace Kelly fan here!

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
Just wanted to say I am absolutely thrilled Emma won the Oscar, stunning performance. She seemed genuinely shocked she won which was nice to see.
Get Emma and Lilly in a film together!

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
As for the the other post about the ending being rushed...Grace Kelly goes into Lars' (Raymond Burr) apartment and finds his wife's wedding ring. She is arrested but shows Jimmy Stewart that she has the ring and Burr sees her showing him. Stewart is able to call his friend in the PD to get Grace out of jail and told him he had proof of the murder before Burr comes into Jimmy's apt. and attacks him and the PD arrives in time. It was a bit rushed because then Burr gives a full confession that answers all the questions the viewers might have, which was a little hinky.
Overall, a great film; especially since Jimmy Stewart killed it and it was from sitting in a wheelchair the entire movie. BIG Grace Kelly fan here!
Hi. I’m the one who wrote the other post. Thanks for the explanation! I guess I overlooked the part where police says he actually confessed. Or is Grace Kelly who says that at the end? Doesn’t matter.

I want to watch TTWH as well. We’ll see who does it before!

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
I’m one of the few people I know actively using OTA to watch tv. Here in Detroit area there’s a few movie channels that I’ll surf on to see what’s playing.

Channel Master Deep Fringe, with signal pre-amplifier before splitting to distribute the signal.
3070cf5887e7c0292f39e3c7e05a0cd7.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.