Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
Saw this on this thread and decided to watch it tonight. Wild movie. One thing that threw me is that it's listed as a comedy...I feel that I have an intelligent, healthy sense of humor and can appreciate sarcasm and off-color comedy, but I have a hard time finding too much humor in this movie. Definitely different and I'm not sorry I took a chance and watched it.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Saw this on this thread and decided to watch it tonight. Wild movie. One thing that threw me is that it's listed as a comedy...I feel that I have an intelligent, healthy sense of humor and can appreciate sarcasm and off-color comedy, but I have a hard time finding too much humor in this movie. Definitely different and I'm not sorry I took a chance and watched it.
I thought it was funny.

Especially the bit where Walken was told to put his gun down, "No".

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Abigail (2024) - fun, fun movie especially the second half. “Abigail” is a bit less solid than “Ready or Not”, but it still delivers an entertaining crazy movie. The girl that plays Abigail is simply fantastic in her acting abilities and ranges.

IMG_0856.jpeg

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
I watched two movies yesterday: One has been mentioned here before

"Contagion", which I'm glad I watched after 2020 has past and "The Sixth Sense", which I'd seen before, but fortunately it had been so long that I'd forgotten the ending so that made it fun again. Quite different films; both worth watching.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

"Contagion", which I'm glad I watched after 2020 has past and "The Sixth Sense", which I'd seen before, but fortunately it had been so long that I'd forgotten the ending so that made it fun again. Quite different films; both worth watching.

Oh geez, how could you forget the ending to The Sixth Sense? :)

TonParameter

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2024
The Great White North

holy snap. I wanna be this chick. I'd love to forget that ending and get to experience it all over again.

Monkey Man (2024)
1713919062933.jpeg

Fantastic fun time. I caught a few homages in some of the fights.

The Outlaw Johnny Black (2023)
1713919111335.jpeg

Not as peak as Black Dynamite but it was good. Got too bogged down in actual character to make non-stop jokes like last time.

Lisa Frankenstein (2024)
1713919140273.jpeg

Not what the poster and name suggest but it IS good. It's even a good 90s retro vibe. It's kinda fair to all the side characters who have depth. Diablo Cody does it again bravo. Zelda Williams starts off her direction career strong.

Dream Scenario (2023)
Dream Scenario | Rotten Tomatoes

What a strange and bewitching movie.

Also special shout out to all the trash movies I've seen recently as well:
Madame Web {not as bad as everyone say}, Argylle {also.. not as bad}, Beyond the Edge {Main Char actor and English Dub have so much Charisma}, Freelance {only for those who think Alisson Brie is hot}, The Package {Barf and not because of the fake penis}, Wedding Daze {Daze is right}.

Attachments

• 1713919132886.jpeg
    1713919132886.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 11

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
"Sweet Home Alabama". Definitely a Chick-Flick and IMO, not that endearing of one. Reese Witherspoon's voice grates on my nerves in this movie. Yes, I've seen it before and yes, I remembered the ending. :p Now we are on to Keanu Reeves in "Speed." I know I've seen it before, but I can't say I remember much about this one, either. Don't grow old...it's a trick. ;)

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
apologies in advance …
i know this isn't a movie, per se, yet i rate it perhaps the best western i’ve yet seen …
just finished it. 7 hours total. it sure gets you in. 🤠💥🔫
Godless

View attachment 2371715
It is good!

There it is a good TV thread:

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
I just saw the 3:10 to Yuma poster in the Macrumours recent uploads. I think I remember liking that film years ago so I thought I'd contribute to this thread. I'm currently randomly selecting films to watch to tick them off my collection. The last three days have been:

Infinity Pool - really weird, loved it
5DNRr2juXdwtvktwXxwuk9Usk8O-scaled.jpg

Beau is Afraid - phycological and abstract - kind of liked it.
wgVkkjigF31r1nZV80uV0xNIoun.jpg

The Retirement Plan - absolute and utter trash - but for me turned the corner from bad-bad movie to good-bad movie, because I just laughed with incredulity through the whole thing. Plus I'm a Nic Cage cult member.
52122_2_THE_RETIREMENT_PLAN_AMAZON_FILM_1200x1600.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.