Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Started watching the second season of the superb German Netflix original Dark. The first season did a great job of twisting my brain into a pretzel, so now, having had ample time to straighten it all out again it's time to let Dark do it's thing again.

This just might be my favorite Netflix original show.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Just started watching The Terror(2018).

I've only watched a couple of episodes so far and I'm really impressed with the production values. (The story is based on the Franklin Expedition for the Northwest Passage).

v1.dDsyODI4MzA7ajsxNzk4NjsxMjAwOzE2MDA7MjQwMA

Reactions: Huntn

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just started watching The Terror(2018).

I've only watched a couple of episodes so far and I'm really impressed with the production values. (The story is based on the Franklin Expedition for the Northwest Passage).

v1.dDsyODI4MzA7ajsxNzk4NjsxMjAwOzE2MDA7MjQwMA

I plan on starting this next weekend. Looking forward to it. Isn’t it about the ship, the Erebus?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Reactions: AVBeatMan

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Right now I'm sure there's a lot of people binging the 3rd season of Stranger Things. I just finished it last night.

Same here. Liked it quite a bit. Not an opinion shared by many (or at least that's what it looks like on the internet), but I actually preferred season 3 to season 2.

trillionaire

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2018
Canada
Same here. Liked it quite a bit. Not an opinion shared by many (or at least that's what it looks like on the internet), but I actually preferred season 3 to season 2.

I just like the fact that it continues to keep me interested. It's difficult maintaining a mood and this show does that well, with likeable characters and a nostalgic theme. Not many shows keep you excited for the next season with such a long timeframe between each one.

Reactions: Mefisto

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
To the bitter end of 'Twin Peaks' we hung on.

In many episodes it was very, very good, but like the little girl, "When It Was Bad, It Was Awful". So awful I wanted to quit,but wife insisted we hang on. :)

We followed @yaxomoxay instructions to the letter. But should have quit one episode before the end. LOL

Our thanks to yaxomoxay. That was fun. a2

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Stranger Things season 3 (on Netflix). Enjoyed it a lot. This show has managed to keep the story going without losing momentum.

Legion season 3 (on FX). This season has been great so far, especially compared to the convoluted mess that was season 2.

The Detour season 4 (on TBS). The comparison that comes first to mind is National Lampoon's Vacation movie series. It's been consistently hilarious and bonkers since the beginning. This season hasn't disappointed.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Stranger Things season 3 (on Netflix). Enjoyed it a lot. This show has managed to keep the story going without losing momentum.

Legion season 3 (on FX). This season has been great so far, especially compared to the convoluted mess that was season 2.

The Detour season 4 (on TBS). The comparison that comes first to mind is National Lampoon's Vacation movie series. It's been consistently hilarious and bonkers since the beginning. This season hasn't disappointed.
Interesting comment about Legion, S1 was freaking amazing, S2 was so bad I wrote the series off. How do you recover from that? I might be able to resume if encouraged properly. :p

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting comment about Legion, S1 was freaking amazing, S2 was so bad I wrote the series off. How do you recover from that? I might be able to resume if encouraged properly. :p
Right? I was fully prepared to write it off as well, until news broke that season 3 would be the final season of the series. So I figured I'd give it one last shot knowing it would get a proper ending. Luckily it seems the writers learned from last year's mistakes. :p We're only 3 episodes in so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Right? I was fully prepared to write it off as well, until news broke that season 3 would be the final season of the series. So I figured I'd give it one last shot knowing it would get a proper ending. Luckily it seems the writers learned from last year's mistakes. :p We're only 3 episodes in so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Eight episodes for season 3.

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/watch-legion-free/

In the Cutting The Cable Guide thread, I posted about my experience messing with FXNow to get this season of Legion, and the episodes I missed.

Reactions: ritmomundo

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I just repeat watched Chapter 19, the Season 2 final, David is the bad guy or is he? A decent episode. I’ll jump into Season 3 tomorrow. :D

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas

In many episodes it was very, very good, but like the little girl, "When It Was Bad, It Was Awful". So awful I wanted to quit,but wife insisted we hang on. :)

We followed @yaxomoxay instructions to the letter.

This is amazing! I am really glad that you decided to watch all of it!

But should have quit one episode before the end. LOL

Trust me, I totally understand. I am still under shock. As I rewatched the entire The Return last Saturday in one sitting, it didn't make the ending much easier to digest... best last episode of any series I have ever seen.

My thanks to you... and now it's time for a good damn cup of coffee and a cherry pie!

Suggestion: if you haven't watched it already, check out Mulholland Drive by David Lynch. It was meant as a TP spinoff but it ended being an incredible, deep movie. Only movie that gave me nightmares.

Also, see my post here: What Movie Are You Watching?
and here: What Movie Are You Watching?

Last edited:
Reactions: a2jack

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

We followed @yaxomoxay instructions to the letter. But should have quit one episode before the end. LOL

I assume this was Twin Peaks The Return? If so, for anyone considering watching any of this, the original or the sequels, for a counter perspective, I add my warning to balance @yaxomoxay’s enthusiasm. ;)

The original is well worth watching, then if you want to know more details, that clarify how Laura Palmer died, you can watch Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, but regarding Twin Peaks The Return, I’ll simply say prepare to be disappointed, and maybe feel like you just lost x number of hours of your life, which is prudent, but not 100% guaranteed. :D

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
I plan on starting this next weekend. Looking forward to it. Isn’t it about the ship, the Erebus?

It's about the whole expedition actually (or rather what can be deduced and speculated about how it must have transpired).

Finally got through watching the first season. Where to begin.... it's very distressing. I find it difficult to recommend to a general audience as the content is so confronting IMHO. It's Lord of the Flies with adults, in a barren winter wasteland, with a dash of supernatural/mysticism thrown in.

That being said, I thought it was a brilliant production. The acting, script, cinematography, sets, costumes, etc...were amazing. IMHO This show does a great job of transporting the viewer to a different time and place. It's about how different personalities deal with being in an extremely challenging situation.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I assume this was Twin Peaks The Return? If so, for anyone considering watching any of this, the original or the sequels, for a counter perspective, I add my warning to balance @yaxomoxay’s enthusiasm. ;)

The original is well worth watching, then if you want to know more details, that clarify how Laura Palmer died, you can watch Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, but regarding Twin Peaks The Return, I’ll simply say prepare to be disappointed, and maybe feel like you just lost x number of hours of your life, which is prudent, but not 100% guaranteed. :D

This is a declaration of war !!!
I think you and I are both right. As any piece of artistic effort the appreciation of it depends on the individual. Some people will love it, some people will forget it, some people will hate it. That, in my opinion, is the beauty of it all. I actually talked (online) to a guy that despised, and I mean despised, the original series but loved the new one. Sometimes people are strange.

However I stand by my recommendation of Mulholland Drive, it’s almost universally acclaimed as a masterpiece which also launched Naomi Watt’s career.

Reactions: ritmomundo

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This is a declaration of war !!!
I think you and I are both right. As any piece of artistic effort the appreciation of it depends on the individual. Some people will love it, some people will forget it, some people will hate it. That, in my opinion, is the beauty of it all. I actually talked (online) to a guy that despised, and I mean despised, the original series but loved the new one. Sometimes people are strange.

However I stand by my recommendation of Mulholland Drive, it’s almost universally acclaimed as a masterpiece which also launched Naomi Watt’s career.
Did you ever watch a Legion? You probably saw my comments about it, first season incredibly good, some of best TV I’ve had the pleasure to watch. Season 2 helter skelter all over the place, strong visuals but a poor narrative, I disliked it. And season 3 making some sense with highly stylized imagery. Since you seem to like a bit off the wall stories, with bazaar imagery, you might really like this. :)

B0929AAA-856F-4D91-92A9-ED9393AB8DC6.jpeg

Aubrey Plaza executes a tremendous performance. She is in the zone.

Last edited:

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Did you ever watch a Legion? You probably saw my comments about it, first season incredibly good, some of best TV I’ve had the pleasure to watch. Season 2 helter skelter all over the place, strong visuals but a poor narrative, I disliked it. And season 3 making some sense with highly stylized imagery. Since you seem to like a bit off the wall stories, with bazaar imagery, you might really like this. :)

I read your comments. I’ll try to watch S1E1 tonight!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I read your comments. I’ll try to watch S1E1 tonight!
I don’t think you find it on demand, it most likely would have to be an individual episode purchase. I spent $10 for the complete season 1 on Prime. I think a $6 subscription gets you FX plus which offers its entire library.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I don’t think you find it on demand, it most likely would have to be an individual episode purchase. I spent $10 for the complete season 1 on Prime. I think a $6 subscription gets you FX plus which offers its entire library.

It’s on Netflix, but I won’t be able to watch it tonight as my network seems to fail me :( I put a movie on for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.