Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nishant

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2010
PA
Started watching the second season of the superb German Netflix original Dark. The first season did a great job of twisting my brain into a pretzel, so now, having had ample time to straighten it all out again it's time to let Dark do it's thing again.

This just might be my favorite Netflix original show.

Just finished season 2 last night. Its an awesome show, definitely messes with your head as you have to keep track of everyone and how they relate. Pay attention as this season with do even more twisting lol.

My only gripe is the long break between S1 and S2. I was so lost as I forgot all the small details. I had to go find a recap of S1 to remember.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Streaming news reports on one of the most peculiar missing persons cases out of New England. Bizarre.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Streaming news reports on one of the most peculiar missing persons cases out of New England. Bizarre.
Was it too much trouble to include a detail like a name and circumstance that made it peculiar? ;)
[doublepost=1562942397][/doublepost]
Watching the latest season of The Arrow on Netflix.
I assume you regard it as worth watching?

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
watching a UK show; "Years and Years" 2019
just me but different than expected goodness.

watched a few episodes of "Warrior" and looks ok

like everyone else; finished up on Stranger Things & Dark. I already forgot what they were about

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Was it too much trouble to include a detail like a name and circumstance that made it peculiar? ;)
No. I didn't want people signing up to the site to discuss it through Google search. Just Google it and you'll see why it's a strange case. It reads like a good missing persons mystery-thriller novel.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Who? Where? When?
Connecticut mother of five goes missing. Naturally, the husband who looks sketchy based on appearances is a local magnate in some field or another and is presumed to be the reason the mother and estranged wife can't be found. Now apparently the estranged husband has gone missing because he missed an appearance and it's got a very Gone Girl vibe to it. Coincidentally, the missing mother and estranged wife wrote a story, and this is based on something I was told and not read or watched, that was about a mother or wife going missing years ago. :eek:

Reactions: Huntn

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
Started watching "Man Like Mobeen", a British comedy. I had seen outtakes and snippets for ages, but finally checked it out on Netflix. Funny stuff if you like British comedy with a racial edge. Laughed myself silly!

ManLikeMobeen_titlecard.png

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Currently watching “Fleabag” on BBC. Written and staring Phoebe Waller-Bridge who is currently co writing the new James Bond film. I think it’s excellent.

I've been very highly recommending it since season 1. It's one of the best things that's been on TV (and by that I mean, "TV") in the last several years. It's funny, beautiful, twisted, existential, and it's 2 seasons and done, very much by design.

Picked up 11 Emmy noms this year (that it was overlooked last year was a travesty).

Killing Eve any good?

Interestingly enough, Phoebe Waller-Bridge was the showrunner/head writer for S1 of Killing Eve (which is also, very highly recommended).

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I've been very highly recommending it since season 1. It's one of the best things that's been on TV (and by that I mean, "TV") in the last several years. It's funny, beautiful, twisted, existential, and it's 2 seasons and done, very much by design.

Picked up 11 Emmy noms this year (that it was overlooked last year was a travesty).

Interestingly enough, Phoebe Waller-Bridge was the showrunner/head writer for S1 of Killing Eve (which is also, very highly recommended).

Thought I replied to this. I know who she is. I'm definitely going to check out both shows now.

Finally started Broad City. The zaniest show I've seen in a while. Every episode has me laughing out loud. Good stuff :D

Do yourself a favor and watch Life in Pieces. It's wonderfully zany.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Chernobyl (HBO mini-series)

I thought it was extremely well done. At only 5 episodes, it didn't feel too rushed, nor did it leave any questions unanswered. And being a true story, I was glad to see it has a relatively high level of accuracy.

My one major gripe with this show was the use of British accents. It just doesn't fit. The story itself is strong enough to not let this issue be a significant distraction, but it really undermines the show's authenticity in my opinion. According to this article, series creator Craig Mazin "thought they would have actors use vague, eastern European accents, but then they realized that actors would act accents, not their roles." So... huh? So that was a conscious decision? :rolleyes: Plenty of shows have done Russian and/or Ukrainian accents well (The Americans comes to mind) and it hasn't detracted from the quality.

Overall, definitely worth watching.

Reactions: rhett7660
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.