Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
MOTD tonight for sure!
Skipped today's matches for much needed rest, but the results don't surprise me based on last season. City and Pool have a strong start this year. I suspect United will falter much again this year and be in the high 10s in total pointage, or slide off into the low teens.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I’ve discovered a little gem of a programme; Mortimer & Whitehouse; Gone Fishing. I am not into fishing at all and know nothing about it but this programme (BBC 2) is simply delightful. The two friends have both had heart problems and travel around to some wonderfully beautiful places and just try and catch fish (that they then release). They also cook up some nice healthy food and stay in some strange places (like a bus converted into a hotel). The combination of the lovely scenery and the friendly banter between them makes it just a lovely, happy, feel good programme.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8641686/

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I’ve discovered a little gem of a programme; Mortimer & Whitehouse; Gone Fishing. I am not into fishing at all and know nothing about it but this programme (BBC 2) is simply delightful. The two friends have both had heart problems and travel around to some wonderfully beautiful places and just try and catch fish (that they then release). They also cook up some nice healthy food and stay in some strange places (like a bus converted into a hotel). The combination of the lovely scenery and the friendly banter between them makes it just a lovely, happy, feel good programme.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8641686/

Bob Mortimer is... something else. LOL Wine Show with Matthew Rhys is excellent, too. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: jeyf and AVBeatMan

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Monty Don’s French Gardens (2017)- If you want a serene limited series that transports you, check this out on Netflix. But I found an episode on YouTube:

If you want a titillating historical representation of Louis XIV, check out Versailles (2015-18, Netflix). A decent story although I can’t vouch for it’s historical accuracy.

9983AB8F-1DA7-4102-921C-B5AB8FB12DEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: a2jack

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The New Ghost Hunters (2019) on A&E, started in August. Ready to be scared? ;)
More importantly, real or just another reality TV scam? Some of the dialog is a bit scripted and smells funny.

Last edited:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
The New Ghost Hunters (2019) on A&E, started in August. Ready to be scared? ;)
More importantly, real or just another reality TV scam? Some of the dialog is a bit scripted and smells funny.

It's fun, it's entertainment, it's as "real" as your own beliefs [in the ideas presented] are :D

They came back to St. Augustine, the lighthouse ... it's pretty spooky o_O

We're going to Halloween Horror Nights this year, it's all real, and so very scary ...

Reactions: Huntn

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
I have it loaded and ready to go. :)
1st Episode at least.

Mixed reviews, but the period appeals…

I don't listen to reviews, but the ones I've seen of this from SciFi fans have been overwhelmingly positive. Professional reviewers are asshats on their best day and usually savage films that are actually decent or even excellent. Carnival Row is a great fantasy flick, even with Cara Delevine in it.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Inside Bill's Brain.
A Netflix original series about Bill Gates and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

I'm a couple of episodes in and it's really good.

justlexi

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2019
Currently having an I Spit on Your Grave movie marathon. Halloween comes early, as I and my partner used to watch horror or bloody movie a week before the annual event.

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
Vietnam , Ken Burns.

IMO... Painful to bare, I watched it alone. It made me furious all over again.

The sponsor list that rolled at the beginning of each chapter kind of told us where this might go.

Not a word about the big $$ that insured this horror would go on and on.

An American Tragedy, and a hollow lament. a2

Reactions: D.T.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Vietnam , Ken Burns.

IMO... Painful to bare, I watched it alone. It made me furious all over again.

The sponsor list that rolled at the beginning of each chapter kind of told us where this might go.

Not a word about the big $$ that insured this horror would go on and on.

An American Tragedy, and a hollow lament. a2

Yeah, it's pretty fantastic, I mean, in the best / worst possible way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.