Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
My would have to be Bloodborne for Playstation 4. Not only my favorite, but it was a sleeper title for me. I actually did not play it until about a year and a half after it's release. Never knew about the game, but when it was on sale for $9.99, did a quick google search to see the reviews of the game, and low and behold, one of the best, if not the greatest games I've ever played.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Until Dawn and Super Mario Odissey.

Love terror games and platforms, and Mario has been super super fun so far. Really well made.

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
For me in the last year it was definitely Broforce.

Off-topic:
I don't have any consoles and I don't play the so called "big AAA titles".
I like to play some indie titles (Anomaly series) and older games*, that you can buy on GOG, HumbleBundle, Steam. Oh and I only play single-player games.

*System Shock, Magic Carpet, Dungeon Keeper...

Oh and not to forget some great opensource/free games like Warzone 2100, Battle for Wesnoth...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

Off-topic:
I like to play some indie titles (Anomaly series) and older games*, that you can buy on GOG, HumbleBundle, Steam. Oh and I only play single-player games.

Oh and not to forget some great opensource/free games like Warzone 2100, Battle for Wesnoth...

I know what you're talking about.

Most of my Steam purchases over the last sale were cool indie action/puzzle games - no online required. Though, I wish there were Switch versions. Okay, though, these titles will run on older laptops.

People are starting to be fed up with the "Games as a Service" model that companies have adopted.

(I don't mind that if the base game is Free To Play anyways and you don't have to spend a dime, or as little as you want to.)

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
I’ve got platinum on the Uncharted Games, Fallouts and Skyrim. If Oblivion had trophies I’d probably platinum that too. One of the reason I lof e trophies is that I can look at them and answer a question like this - what games did I spend the most time on and get 100% completion? It’s like a gaming journal. I wish Apple would do something like this on game centre.

Far Cry 3 and 4 are very fun. And the new tomb raider games too.

Tell tale makes great adventures. I really loved the Wolf Amoung Us.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Most intense game that gave me sleepless nights was probably Bloodborne.

Minecraft deserves a mention though, a wonderful experience that I sunk countless hours into.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
There was one game I played last year that was really quite nice for a change called Unravel. Not the longest game out there by far but still really enjoyable.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012

Off-topic:

A wonderful INDIE title that was another sleeper for me was FEZ. Give it a shot if you have yet to play it.

Reactions: b_scott

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Fallout 4, its by far my most favorite game, and I don't get tired of playing it. Everythime I go through it, I discover something new.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I think the last game I played that really blew me away, that was Borderlands 2. Then again, I haven't played a AAA game released the last 4 years.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Per my definition it would be something like:

- Counterstrike 1.6 (I think) for being the first online shooter I played (I'm a sucker for FPS) - total game changer.
- RE4 on the Wii because of motion controls + RE was plain crazy.
- Mario Maker, but just in theory. Didn't help it came out on a dying console I guess.

Plenty of other great games but none that I remember that vividly.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Well I would say Uncharted 2.

But then along came The Last Of Us, and I have never had a game take me in such an engrossing story as that! The most perfect game for me bar none!

For current gen, so far I’d say DOOM cause it’s mad fun and Forza horizon 3, oh and Halo Wars 2. Oh and Gears Of War, any of them, they kinda redefined the shooter for me.

janssen83

Suspended
Feb 21, 2018
Like i thought:D
I’ve got platinum on the Uncharted Games, Fallouts and Skyrim. If Oblivion had trophies I’d probably platinum that too. One of the reason I lof e trophies is that I can look at them and answer a question like this - what games FIFA55 did I spend the most time on and get 100% completion? It’s like a gaming journal. I wish Apple would do something like this on game centre.

Far Cry 3 and 4 are very fun. And the new tomb raider games too.

Tell tale makes great adventures. I really loved the Wolf Amoung Us.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
Metal Gear Solid V has been the best game this generation thus far for me.

That said, my fav game of all time is still FF7.

Reactions: BlankStar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.