Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Liked Assassin's Creed Origins a lot, my first platinum trophy ever.

Currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn, and absolutely loving it.

And I have The Last of Us Remastered on my hard drive waiting for me to play it and reading this thread I guess it's the next one up after HZD.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
Even though I picked some modern games, my all time favourites from "modern" computer gaming would have to be the original Deus Ex and the original Far Cry. Deus Ex really set the standard for the modern games and was really ahead of its time. The original Far Cry (a much better game and story than its descendants) was just so bloody enjoyable and had such a great story that I have found few games that can compare to it.

PVDHell

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2018
PVD
I keep going back to the Titanfall series. I don’t play video games often, maybe an hour or two every few months, but those games are awesome!

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Everquest (the original).

It's the only game (I can remember) that I played all-nighters which made me call in sick to work the next morning.

I still consider EQ one of the best games I ever played. There are not many games that I can still recall the places I visited as if they were real, lol. Kaladim still feels like home!

Honestly, I still miss the game. No other mmorpg has ever come close. At least for me.

Reactions: Solomani

Trusteft

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2014
I guess it depends what you mean by modern era.
If we are talking about games released since PS3 was released...that's still too many games to list just one.
I will list a few of my favorite games released over the last decade or so.
Rainbow Six Vegas 1. (PC)
Split Second Velocity. (all)
Two Worlds 1 (PC)
PGR 3 and 4 (Xbox 360)
Ridge Racer Unbounded (PS3/PC)
Horizon (Space 4X PC)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.