Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Around 6 hours on school days, and probably 10 on weekdays. It evens out roughly. It takes me at least half an hour to go to sleep unless I'm ridiculously tired, and I often wake up an hour or two before I'm supposed to wake up and can't go to sleep. I usually stall to do my homework until 9:00 to 10:00 and then do it until I'm finished, and then fall asleep around 12:00, to wake up around 6:00. I'm horrible at getting up on time, often I don't have time to eat and rush to do everything else.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Some nights I sleep very little, can't get the mind to shut off, other nights I sleep a little more! :)

I never seem to dream anymore too or at least to where I remember them in the morning like I used to.

Also, I never ever seem to get enough sleep. Always feel tired in the morning.

speedyfv

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2010
Usually sleep anywhere from 2am-3:30am, wake up between 8:30-10am depending on when class is.

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
Having the bad habit to often not stop thinking about work. That cause some trouble to sleep in. 5:30 my iPhone wake me up. Every morning. And on weekend not much longer as the bio rhythm got used to it (latest 7:00).
Mostly go to bed 10:30; read a bit MR and get around 7 hours sleep.

This describes me a T. I get up that early to get my exercise in, otherwise I could get by with 6:00am.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Been getting by on 2-3 hours since 1997. At first it really got to me, but the more you try, the less you sleep. Now I just go with the flow. Must have had just about every sleeping medication going.

When I'm really tired, a little rest in the dark does the trick and I don't seem to suffer any ill effects.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
My sleeping habits were never good, lately, they're beyond horrid - so I'm trying everything under the sun in order to fix this.

Got an app called Sleep Cycle late last week. It's pretty sweet, haven't fixed my sleeping problems yet - but it does seem to help by waking me in the morning, better than the iPhone alarm can.

But the big bonus, is it tracks your movement and displays how well you slept over night, along with how many hours you were asleep, and your average. So now I've got a running log, that will hopefully help me identify what's broken with my sleep pattern soon.

For the record, my average is... 4.5 hours in 5 days... :(

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
M,W,F: 12am to 8am
T,Th: 12am to 9am
Sat, Sun: 2am to about 11am or 12pm [if I don't work in the early morning/afternoon]

I have moderate insomnia so those times can change drastically if I don't take my sleeping pill.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
My sleeping is pretty bad. Not that I have issues sleeping ... just not getting enough sleep. Normally I'd say that I get about 4-5 hours a day (maybe ... probably even less). That's because I'm doing stuff until I just crash, and then I wake up between 4:00 and 6:00. Interestingly enough, I don't feel like I'm dying in the morning, despite only getting 2-4 hours of sleep on some days. I feel fine.

Looking to break this habit though, and go to sleep around 23:00 each day so it's consistent. Right now my schedule is very inconsistent.

Tonight I'm looking to pull an all-nighter. I hope. :eek:

Michael383

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2011
I average around 6-7 hours of not always restful sleep a day.

The longest I've gone without sleep is between two and three days.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I'm a night owl. No matter what I try, my circadian rhythms always revert to "the sun is rising, time for bed". I talk in my sleep and kick, and when I was a kid, did a lot of sleepwalking. Due to medication I take at night, I get vivid nightmares, but I've gotten used to them and actually like them anymore. They're really intense and it's interesting to piece together what I remember.

Of course, my housemates aren't thrilled about my talking in my sleep, but because our sleep cycles seldom overlap, it's not a big issue.

Frontop

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
Before, I have a bad sleep, always insomnia. Now, I don't have enough sleep, sleep late and get up early:mad:

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
FWIW for those of you reporting insomnia: You are probably sleeping less than you would normally, but typically the amount of sleep lost is subjectively much higher than EEG studies indicate. Also, simply resting quietly - even if you are awake - tends to help the body more than people think.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

ag3nt47

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2012
Missouri
I usually go to bed around the same time every night, usually between 10:15 and 10:45, and I always wake up at 6:20 every morning. (Well, 6:14 with a 6 minute snooze). I generally sleep pretty good, and it usually doesn't take me too long to fall asleep, although I'm hoping to invest in a new mattress here soon. Sometimes it's weird though, I can go to sleep earlier than normal, sleep decent, and still feel tired when I wake up, and sometimes I can go to sleep later than normal, sleep really good, and feel really good when I wake up. Just kinda depends. Luckily the dog is too short to jump up on the bed, so that's not something I have to fight with, which is nice. I've heard bad things about small dogs taking up large percentages of a bed.

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
I'm in bed by 11 most every night and up between 6 & 6:30. However I travel a lot for work and playing timezone hopscotch tends to mess with my sleep pattern.

This saturday I'm heading to a timezone which is +8 hours from mine, and will probably be less productive for the first day or two.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Suffer from chronic, but intermittent insomnia, but I'm terrified to take medicine for it. Especially with what's going on with the current epigenitics studies. We really don't know what the hell we're doing to our bodies and I don't want to risk screwing something up. Trying to alleviate the problem with better sleeping habits. On good nights I go to bed around midnight-1am and wake up a couple times, but wake up for good at 7:45.

Bad nights, just don't sleep. :(

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
I usually get to bed between 12 and 1 o'clock. Depending on the day it can take up to one hour to fall asleep, and then I wake up a few times during the night but fall asleep as quickly as I woke up. Then I wake up at about 6:30, and stay in a state of half-sleep until 7 (alarm clock).

I can keep this schedule for about three months straight and then I have too much accumulated fatigue. Luckily school breaks happen and I can sleep to my heart's content.:)

Skyrim

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2011
I can sleep 10 hours. But I just get 6,or 7 sleep hours due to my job and other things.

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2010
California
I can't figure out why I'm always naked in my dreams. I don't want to be naked, but I'm always naked nonetheless. The other people around me in the dream are always fully clothed. I think Sigmund Freud would say that subconsciously I feel vulnerable and that my dreams reflect it. :eek:

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
I used to have 2 dreams that would happen at least twice a week since I was younger. Even when not having those I would never really get a solid sleep. I would wake every hour or so. I talked to a doctor and now am on a med to help sleep. I now only wake every few hours; thats a major improvement for me after all these years of waking every hour. Plus those 2 dreams have yet to come back since that med.

I have talked to several people about this med and they say it works great and talked to several nurses while in the hospital with my wife for the month she was in there and a couple of them were on it too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.