Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Well, in theory, they could have just added those formats to Sierra. But I digress ...
That would take quite the overhaul since it's ubiquitous throughout the entire OS. That would mean that 10.12.7 would be drastically different than 10.12.6, and it would be a big waste of time, since every Mac that is officially supported for Sierra is also officially supported for High Sierra.

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
I'm usually not this excited for releases but I was hoping to start the upgrades before I left home for work so that my Mac's would all be updated when I got home.

I'm in mountain time so I guess it will drop around 11am here.

Calling in sick to work to be home for the drop....j/k...but I'd almost do it :)

Edit: Is it available in Europe or Asia now? I forgot that that my VPN provider has hosts worldwide . :)
I always bring my Mac to work, so I can update as long as it doesn't take more than two hours. (I don't want to leave it at school overnight.)

Ok, both you two: Promise to give us a thorough and honest run down of your experience with HS after a couple of days.

I certainly hope it lives up to your excited anticipation, but I'm worried it won't ... by a longshot.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I think they do it at 10am Pacific so all of the tech staff in Cupertino supporting their cloud/distribution network have at least had one or two coffees before things get scary. :) You don't want these guys caffeine deprived if they're working on fixing things.
Pre-caffeine autopilot is only to be used to get to work and the next coffee. No thinking should be performed during this important transitionary period.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Please, someone tell us when they see it available to download in the AS
Might as well start hitting COMMAND+R in the App Store app in about 11 minutes.

Or alternatively, typing "softwareupdate -l" (lowercase ell) in Terminal.

macpanzer

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Almost there...
MAS downloaded the app, but the app still fails to download the OS...
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 19.57.00.png

macpanzer

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
I've never seen a message like that. I always thought when the OS downloads (about 5+ gigs) it's downloading everything it needs. Does anyone have a clue why it's saying it needs to download additional content?

It has never been like this before as far as I know.
Earlier the download from MAS was the full OS installer. This time they have done something new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.